Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Is the closure of your favorite bar or restaurant imminent?

Leaver

4 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Thai landlords would prefer to keep properties prices the same and thus empty , rather than reducing the price and getting tenants 

I can't see into the minds of Thai landlords but I do know that Pattaya landlords are in for a whole world of pain whatever they do.  

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

i think they have huge falang pricing so no sympathy for them

so with no dirty smelly falang going, more thai enjoying the fresh air there? 

numbers more than compensating for loss of foreigners extra pricing revenue?

no?

thought not.

som nam na from me also.

19 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

Find it a bit hard to believe, but Hooters Pattaya saying they will re-open soon.

Well if they do re-open the Hooters girls I bet will be seeing a drastic reduction in the 20k or so they were getting in base salary in the good times...

They will always have a few guys that like to hang on the patio and sip a beer but good luck to them with the 600 baht hamburgers.... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TaaSaparot said:

Find it a bit hard to believe, but Hooters Pattaya saying they will re-open soon.

Walked past this lunchtime and workmen were busy to a backdrop of music and flashing lights. No signage up about re-opening though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

Well if they do re-open the Hooters girls I bet will be seeing a drastic reduction in the 20k or so they were getting in base salary in the good times...

They will always have a few guys that like to hang on the patio and sip a beer but good luck to them with the 600 baht hamburgers.... 

Does seem to be opening a bit early considering it's reliant on tourists 95%

On 8/25/2020 at 1:47 PM, redwood1 said:

Hooters is a multinational.  If they are renting, who knows, they may have renegotiated their rent and can now offer hamburgers at a cheaper price which attracts expats. 

Maybe there will be new pricing on their menu.  

3 hours ago, Kadilo said:

It does say temporary but maybe just seeing what happens tourism wise in the next few months 

Bukeow has been quiet any time I've walked past so could be next

don't know about LK

remember there are many that "got stuck here" are off home very soon, some have left already, so if it's been quiet these last 8 weeks it's about to get a lot worse, there are a few hotspots here and there but broadly speaking it has been a massacre across 99% of the City

sad to see

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AbeNormal said:

Bukeow has been quiet any time I've walked past so could be next

don't know about LK

remember there are many that "got stuck here" are off home very soon, some have left already, so if it's been quiet these last 8 weeks it's about to get a lot worse, there are a few hotspots here and there but broadly speaking it has been a massacre across 99% of the City

sad to see

I haven’t been to Pattaya for around 18 months but used to drink in the Scooters Bars quite a bit when I stayed there  They became very popular and expanded very quickly with the LK and Soi 6 ones. Will be a great shame to see them vanish. Hope not for th owners sake. Really nice guy. 

1 minute ago, Kadilo said:

Will be a great shame to see them vanish. Hope not for th owners sake. Really nice guy. 

No different in the UK, Kadilo. Job losses going through the roof and it's only just started whether business owners or employees.  The economic landscape is a barren wasteland.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Always seemed a strange location for them. 

Are they still open in Metro and Buchaow?

Yes in Buakhao not sure about LK, OB for me. Soi 6 might as well "temporarily" close, not sure how the bars can afford to stay open with very few customers

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yes in Buakhao not sure about LK, OB for me. Soi 6 might as well "temporarily" close, not sure how the bars can afford to stay open with very few customers

It is nearly 10 days but when I was in LK Metro recently Scooters was open but not many customers, most revellers were around the corner opposite Paradise. These bars, like the hotels, cannot survive on 1 or 2 customers all day.

5 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

Still one of the busier bars on Soi 6, so if they are closing .... ?

Clearly you are referring to the past and not the current situation which you are not here to assess first hand. 

I've been in there on a weekly basis since restart and more recently the maximum number of customers late afternoon has been 3 during my visits. They have a ledger for sign in so you can look at the number of customers on previous days and they barely get to double figures.  Beer prices were reduced to 60 baht all day, I don't see any evidence of price promotions at the Nightwish venues but I don't frequent them. I was told the monthly rent is 85k, which may be higher than most because there is guest room accomodation above, which I'd imagine have been more or less empty the past few months. 

Talking to one of the girls last time and based on what I saw for myself since restart my bar stool economics told me this one is absolutely no surprise. Feel sorry for the waitresses there who I spent a bit of time shooting the breeze with, I got the feeling they knew it was coming. 

Live music from Hooters??  Are they kidding??

Dont think they will be making enough to pay for live music......Better sell the heck out of those 600 baht hamburgers....

The Burger King on beach road is selling Whoppers now for 99 baht minus the Hooters girls...

Edited by redwood1
  • Thanks 1

I wonder if Hooters are thinking they'll have some sort of bumper long weekend Songkran replacement holiday that will help tide them through the rest of the month. The only place that I've seen doing good trade at the moment in the more pricey end of the market on Beach Road is the Hopf House, with what look like mainly affluent young to middle aged Thais. Not really sure what Hooters Pattaya's main customer base is, I'd give it a go for a change if they introduced some reasonably priced specials. 

2 hours ago, kinyara said:

I wonder if Hooters are thinking they'll have some sort of bumper long weekend Songkran replacement holiday that will help tide them through the rest of the month. The only place that I've seen doing good trade at the moment in the more pricey end of the market on Beach Road is the Hopf House, with what look like mainly affluent young to middle aged Thais. Not really sure what Hooters Pattaya's main customer base is, I'd give it a go for a change if they introduced some reasonably priced specials. 

Hooters main customer base WAS tourist fresh off the boat with some westerners in the mix.......Happy hour did seem to attract a few expats out on the front deck...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, torturedsole said:

I always considered hooters to be likened to a real hooter, like give it a quick squeeze and see what noise it makes.

Horn_(instrument).jpg

You'll get metoo'd if you squeeze 'em. Well, maybe not in Pattaya.

[[Template core/front/global/userPhoto is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]