Is the closure of your favorite bar or restaurant imminent?

Leaver

On 8/23/2020 at 3:49 PM, Leaver said:

Corpus Christie beat me to it. 

It is true.  Many Thai landlords would rather have their property vacant for 1 year, than accept an offer of 5k baht less rent a month.  Do the math. 

It's like a loss of "face" for them to accept less, particularly from a farang.   

seems like a lot of b/gs have the same buisness model.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Hooters say they are opening on Sep 2...........

https://www.facebook.com/hooterspattaya/

ORANGE IS NEW BLACK!
2nd September 2020
3 pm->

We are back,
better than ever with great offers from our delicious food & beverages, new party patio, DJ's, sports, live music and of course all your favorite Hooters girls.
Stay tuned ...

Hooters seem to have covered all the entertainment angles as well as food and drink promotions, but left wondering where the customers are suddenly going to appear from.  

I wish them the very best of luck.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, torturedsole said:

Hooters seem to have covered all the entertainment angles as well as food and drink promotions, but left wondering where the customers are suddenly going to appear from.  

I wish them the very best of luck.  

Too many Cheap Charlie expats to keep that place going in these times. It was built for 2 week millionaires 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, pegman said:

Too many Cheap Charlie expats to keep that place going in these times. It was built for 2 week millionaires 

But how many cheap Charlies are left to keep this one business afloat, or any other. I can't see why any service-based business in Pattaya would want to stay open, as it is.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pegman said:

They will have to lower prices its just that simple......200 baht for a small Leo beer just is not going to fly now days....

• Like 2

On 8/28/2020 at 9:16 AM, redwood1 said:

Live music from Hooters??  Are they kidding??

Dont think they will be making enough to pay for live music......Better sell the heck out of those 600 baht hamburgers....

The Burger King on beach road is selling Whoppers now for 99 baht minus the Hooters girls...

600 baht burgers appeal to only a very small segment of the expats here, and only occasionally, and Thai's don't eat burgers.

Maybe the Hooter's Girls will go topless to attract the customers.   ????  

11 minutes ago, Leaver said:

600 baht burgers appeal to only a very small segment of the expats here, and only occasionally, and Thai's don't eat burgers

Maybe smart expats use the eatigo app so it's only 199 baht for the burger instead your so called 600 baht?

20200829_220012.jpg

2 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Maybe smart expats use the eatigo app so it's only 199 baht for the burger instead your so called 600 baht?

20200829_220012.jpg

I don't eat burgers.  I am taking the 600 baht price from another post. 

I guess they miss out on alcohol and drink sales if expats order from the app.  

21 minutes ago, Leaver said:

600 baht burgers appeal to only a very small segment of the expats here, and only occasionally, and Thai's don't eat burgers.

Maybe the Hooter's Girls will go topless to attract the customers.   ????  

burger at hooters aint 600b.

16 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

I just checked the eatigo app, actually it's currently a Hooters meal for 199 baht...I'd take it if only I was there 

Beef burger : 199 baht Beef burger + Curly fries & Soft drink

Food Panda the same price.

Anyone know what this would be in-house?  

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Food Panda the same price.

Anyone know what this would be in-house?  

I amended my post above, 199 baht is full price on eatigo (no discount) so should be the in-house price

I think I'd go for the hooters view rather than delivery at same price  ????

Edited by aussiexpat

28 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Wow, so owner creates chunky monkey, quickly sells it and then opens exactly the same brand of restaurant 100m away and calls it hungry hippo. If sold, expect something similiar to open nearby just after lol

1 hour ago, aussiexpat said:

Wow, so owner creates chunky monkey, quickly sells it and then opens exactly the same brand of restaurant 100m away and calls it hungry hippo. If sold, expect something similiar to open nearby just after lol

It appears that is his business model.  Acquiring a premises, making it a restaurant, cheap eats to pack the place, advertise it for sale to dreamers, sell, do the same thing nearby on Soi Baukhao.  

The money isn't in selling meals.  It's in selling to the newby dreamer.  

Alas, they won't be around for quite some time, so I guess he is left accumulating debt on this one.   

3 hours ago, Don Mega said:

burger at hooters aint 600b.

The burgers sure the heck were very close to 600 baht BEFORE Covid.....The actual price was like 575, 585 or 590 ?   I forget exactly but very close to 600 baht....Ok I do think they had a few cheaper choices but the majority of the burger were close to 600......And don't forget there was/is a 10% service charge and a 7% tax on these burgers that I have not included...

So Hooter may have more special prices now but before Covid Hooters specials were few and far between.......I am sticking with the 600 baht price......

Edited by redwood1

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Hooters was open this afternoon when i went past, music playing. I think they've opened a bit premature

Don't go for any of these franchise gaffs, no hard feelings but it won't bother me if they fail quickly. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

@ 6 million I doubt there is many lining up to buy it currently.

100% . For a business to be operating at a loss you will be lucky to give it away . I know there is some clueless people in this world but that would just about take the biscuit if someone even offered to take on the lease let alone buy it . 

• Like 1

The pictures of the place project all the ambiance of a works canteen, check out no 6 ????. The advert reeks of desperation, what next " Final offer 4m as the owner wants to see his legacy passed to good hands before he dies". 

Surely no-one will take it over without the masses being allowed back in the country. 

11 minutes ago, chrisandsu said:

100% . For a business to be operating at a loss you will be lucky to give it away . I know there is some clueless people in this world but that would just about take the biscuit if someone even offered to take on the lease let alone buy it . 

Wages/rent/electric and other overheads would have to easily top 400K a month, Thats a lot of beers and burger to sell !!

but then if it really does have 300 customers @ let say Bt.300 each thats 2.7 million turnover a month.

11 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Because of health reasons he had to sell the Chunky Monkey. Afterwards he quickly recovered and opened the Hungry Hippo. Because of health reasons he has to sell the Hungry Hippo. Let me guess what will be next... But this time it might not work as planned because of Corona. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, kinyara said:

The pictures of the place project all the ambiance of a works canteen, check out no 6 ????. The advert reeks of desperation, what next " Final offer 4m as the owner wants to see his legacy passed to good hands before he dies". 

Surely no-one will take it over without the masses being allowed back in the country. 

The one time I went there "works canteen" is exactly what it felt like. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Oldie said:

Because of health reasons he had to sell the Chunky Monkey. Afterwards he quickly recovered and opened the Hungry Hippo. Because of health reasons he has to sell the Hungry Hippo. Let me guess what will be next... But this time it might not work as planned because of Corona. 

I'm guessing his next venture will be named something like Wobbily Walrus ????

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, kinyara said:

it does have a canteen feel to it but by far it has the best food and at good prices, not falang overpricing which many have. It's the busiest restaurant in Buakhao

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1