Is the closure of your favorite bar or restaurant imminent?

Leaver

5 minutes ago, Nout said:

It's a kids water park <deleted>! Nothing to do with Pattaya night life.

Really????

https://thethaiger.com/thai-life/property/4-new-luxury-hotels-set-for-bangkok-and-pattaya

"The Pattaya hotel will be at the Aquatique The Beachfront Pattaya, which is not open yet, but AWC says it will be an “all-in-1” seaside destination and the “first of its kind” for Pattaya. The beachfront will be a combination of luxury shopping and entertainment as well as hotels with space for meetings, conferences and exhibitions."

3 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Really????

https://thethaiger.com/thai-life/property/4-new-luxury-hotels-set-for-bangkok-and-pattaya

"The Pattaya hotel will be at the Aquatique The Beachfront Pattaya, which is not open yet, but AWC says it will be an “all-in-1” seaside destination and the “first of its kind” for Pattaya. The beachfront will be a combination of luxury shopping and entertainment as well as hotels with space for meetings, conferences and exhibitions."

Maybe look at this:

https://www.assetworldcorp-th.com/asset-world-corporation-signs-new-landmark-marriott-international/

Theme park, Legoland.....really.:biggrin:

40 minutes ago, Leaver said:

It's not about generating discussion.  I can do that with few abusive or inaccurate posts, before they are deleted by the Mods.

It's about members posting their observations, experiences, opinions, and views, as I do, and will continue to do. 

No one is forcing you to post on this thread.    

I think the difference is I'm trying to stay on topic to the purpose of your original post and tbread.  You seem intent on derailing your own thread, when you're posting the same line on every other tbread. It would be nice if you could keep on topic with a bit of factual support. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, kinyara said:

I think the difference is I'm trying to stay on topic to the purpose of your original post and tbread.  You seem intent on derailing your own thread, when you're posting the same line on every other tbread. It would be nice if you could keep on topic with a bit of factual support. 

The thread is over a year old, with thousands of views and posts.  Yet, more relevant now than pre Covid. 

Should it wander a little off topic, no bother, it soon gets back on topic. 

A thread titled, "Will your favourite bar or restaurant ever open again?" would be relevant, but I guess this thread covers that also.

Why are you trying to get this thread closed?    

• Like 2

Around where I live there is quite a lot of people around the roads are fairly busy I just think people are not spending money I did see a few bars open when they were allowed to and then close back down again.

One of the more established bars around here I've seen one of the staff on FB asking why is it so quiet? She said she's not had sex for 10 weeks, poor girl

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

One of the more established bars around here I've seen one of the staff on FB asking why is it so quiet? She said she's not had sex for 10 weeks, poor girl

Can't you take care of that? Where's the sense of chivalry?

Edited by BigStar
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ChipButty said:

She aught to lower her prices.....:clap2:

• Haha 2

On 9/15/2020 at 1:04 AM, TaaSaparot said:

It's looking pretty bad in Soi Diamond now, with the Diamond Hotel itself closing.

And now I see Swiss Food Restaurant has also closed.

Phil Ross, owner of Le Pub,  just did a video walkabout on Soi Diamond.  I believe he mentioned Swiss Food at the 13:30 mark.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, stubby52 said:

Yes they are turning it and the unit next door into another agogo i presume.

Did you hear that? There are a few GGBs up for sale and closed in that area already, and the some of those open are struggling. Glitzy beer bars and Gentlemen's Clubs seem to be more popular in these tourist restricted times.

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Did you hear that? There are a few GGBs up for sale and closed in that area already, and the some of those open are struggling. Glitzy beer bars and Gentlemen's Clubs seem to be more popular in these tourist restricted times.

And yet they are devoid of customers....:sad:

I see the 39 baht beer didn,t last long...the buggers have put it up to 40.... very busy last night and plenty of single ladies looking for some company :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, stubby52 said:

Yes they are turning it and the unit next door into another agogo i presume.

So Devils Den died, no mention on this thread unless I missed it. It was kinda famous but looked like not many people went there, owner seemed to be the only business serious about STI testing 

On 9/16/2020 at 11:34 PM, Leaver said:

Really????

Sounds well worth avoiding but thanks for the clarification.

On 8/13/2019 at 9:11 PM, Leaver said:

I was thinking more along the lines of legitimate bars and restaurants, most likely bars and restaurant that offer good food and sport on TV, or other entertainment, not sex.

Bars don't usually offer food. As for sport on TV in a bar. No thanks. But yes to girls and sex. That is the spirit Pattaya.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nout said:

Bars don't usually offer food. As for sport on TV in a bar. No thanks. But yes to girls and sex. That is the spirit Pattaya.

Cold beer, A decent feed and the F1 on the tv screens... is my kinda bar.

A pretty girlie rubbing my bits under the table is a bonus.

• Like 2