Identical signs on road in northern Thailand create social media drama

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The authorities told the media that it was not wasteful of budgets. It was just new signage replace old ones that had been in place for ten years. 

Surely it is a waste of public money, instead of spending unnecessarily that money given to the needy, there are so many in Thailand!

Your know, despite living in Laos, I often drive in Thai roads for medical reasons (Visit hospitals) and simply a drive to Bangkok and elsewhere, sometimes I drive sections of roads that perfectly OK and yet they are being re-surfaced, now I read this article and see signs being replaced that don't really appear to require replacing, I really can't help thinking these circumstances that some high office in the local Provincial office or District office as a brother in Law in the road construction game, where various contracts are issues and profit sharing exist .... just sayin' ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, cooked said:

The best road sign I ever saw was in BELGIUM at a T-junction:

To the left: ALL TRAFFIC"

To the right: "OTHER TRAFFIC". 

I rest my case.

There was a similar thing near my home in UK once which said NO GIVE WAY SIGN AT THIS JUNCTION. Why not just put GIVE WAY?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Longcut said:

What does that mean?

To answer your question, if I had done the translation, it would read, "Welcome to these tourist destinations." I suppose you could also say "Enjoy these ..."

• Like 1

I have lived here over 15b years, Udon Thani is spelt 4 different ways, Loei is spelt at least 3 different ways and Pau Foilom is also spelt differently on signs near to it, thereby confusing people. The best I saw was was erected by the Provioncial Authorities which stated the event would start at 1430 AM . 

No-one appears to check and if they do it is not to worry .; Sheer incompetence coupled with stupidity and ignorance. 

• Like 1