Lastest from Richard Barrow on TM30

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

How many other offices support TM30 mail submittals? One? Two? All?

good question.   any answers from anyone on this thread ?   Have you asked?  Have you done it ? 

If we're gonna have polls...... this should be at the top of the list.  (right after how many of you are considering leaving)

EDIT:  i guess its not a poll, as needing to know which province/immig office does allow mail ins would be required

Edited by rumak

22 hours ago, Salerno said:

They don't ... unless you stay somewhere that lodges a TM30.

Which is why the hysteria on here is so ridiculous.

All hotel that are legal do. if you want to avoid you must stay at an Airbnb or friend place that is why their is lots of a uproar 

1 hour ago, TSF said:

An alien shows up in an area, so the locals talk and inform the officials of the alien's presence, so the officials visit the alien to check out the aliens documents and then fine the alien for breaches of laws restricting the aliens to registered areas....sounds familiar doesn't it....apartheid era South Africa...Jews in Nazi Germany. 

Yep and most are stating and putting up with it. 

20 hours ago, Traubert said:

I pointed that out before and the level of hysteria went from off the scale to interstellar.

I should have invested in a hypertension pharma manufacturer first. ????

Just like Bangkok Bank not accepting transfers.

49 minutes ago, rumak said:

good question.   any answers from anyone on this thread ?   Have you asked?  Have you done it ? 

If we're gonna have polls...... this should be at the top of the list.  (right after how many of you are considering leaving)

EDIT:  i guess its not a poll, as needing to know which province/immig office does allow mail ins would be required

Afaik in general it's possible to do the TM30 by mail.

So we should ask:

Which immigration office does not accept a TM30 by mail?

Anybody knows any?

21 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Yes, when I reid I'll be so busy, I won't have time to spend 10 min at immigration 4 times a year,  and the odd TM 30. 

Again, one more dude who obviously lives next door to Immigration, so doesn't have to make a 150-km round trip.  A nice deal:  one minute to get from his house to Immigration, eight minutes for Immigration to get his 90-day done, one more minute for him to walk back to his next-door home -- and he's DONE!  Is this logic brilliant or not?

Edited by oobar
  • Like 2

On 8/18/2019 at 1:44 PM, rumak said:

I don't know how many provinces require strict adherence or whether they are like CM where so far it is only required after leaving the country ( and going to report a few days later so far has been fine for most people).      Like i posted above, if you know that what your local office wants, then plan from that.

Chon Buri follows the sane guidelines 

• Like 1

On 8/18/2019 at 1:45 PM, Salerno said:

They don't ... unless you stay somewhere that lodges a TM30.

Which is why the hysteria on here is so ridiculous.

It’s not hysteria when immigration turn up at your condo building interrogating people in the lobby as happened in the condo 100m away from my building.

What IS ridiculous is the whole concept of the TM30 requirement. Outdated and unfit for purpose.

Edited by Fairynuff
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Yes, when I reid I'll be so busy, I won't have time to spend 10 min at immigration 4 times a year,  and the odd TM 30. 

And getting my pension sent to a local bank,  what an inconvenience !!

It might be 10 minutes 4 times a year for you but for many others who have to spend a whole day at immigration every time they’ve travelled away from home it’s a massive inconvenience. So your smug attitude won’t be welcomed by them.

22 hours ago, Neeranam said:

And getting my pension sent to a local bank,  what an inconvenience !!

3 times a year........

2 hours ago, genobkk said:

All hotel that are legal do. if you want to avoid you must stay at an Airbnb or friend place that is why their is lots of a uproar 

What do you consider as "legal"? Stayed in quite a few hotels/resorts that are "legal" regardless of whether or not they follow the letter of the law. Pretty hard to lodge a TM30 for me staying if they check in using my friends ID.

10 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

It’s not hysteria when immigration turn up at your condo building interrogating people in the lobby as happened in the condo 100m away from my building.

What IS ridiculous is the whole concept of the TM30 requirement. Outdated and unfit for purpose.

It is hysteria when there are numerous options (one of which is giving them the finger and paying an 800 Bht fine every three months or so) yet we have a multiple threads opened on the subject daily. Comply or don't ... up to you as they say.

On 8/18/2019 at 3:05 PM, samtam said:

And by the by, kudos to Richard Barrow and the FCCT and the panelists, including the senior Immigration staff who attended. The answers were not wholly satisfactory, but at least the Police General has said they "will look into the issues" that were raised. I am not hopeful of any speedy changes to make life more convenient for all parties concerned, including the bureaucracy at Immigration, and indeed, he said as much.

If I was the police general I will ask for a bit of reciprocal treatment for Thais wanting to retire or stay in our countries with PM 30 is nothing for us compared with all the BS they have to go through. For instance we can't even take our wives or girlfriends back to the UK unless we have substantial sums of money on all sorts of other ridiculous requirements

6 hours ago, luk AJ said:

Difficult for us to hide anywhere. If you show up at a place, locals will talk and the chances to get a visit from officials is in my opinion quite likely..

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

If my life here ever gets to the point where I’m harassed by immigration for just being somewhere, that’s a step too far for me

5 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Clearing TM30 mail submittals at CW seems to be up into the ~ 5 week range.

On that basis my TM30 by post is already redundant by the time I get it back because I’m never at my home for that long. My username and password are now in the system for 3 weeks so with any luck I might get them before the end of the year 

So far, in browsing these many threads on TM 30, I haven't seen any conjecture about what would happen in the following scenario:

An ex-pat on a retirement extension lives in Bangkok.  Every weekend he goes to Pattaya or Hua Hin or other seaside province and stays in a hotel which reports his visit. 

Upon returning to Bangkok, the ex-pat (or landlord) does not file a TM 30.   This goes on for another 51 weeks until the ex-pat reports to CW Immo for his annual extension.

Is the fine 800 baht or 800 X 51 = 40,800 baht?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TSF said:

An alien shows up in an area, so the locals talk and inform the officials of the alien's presence, so the officials visit the alien to check out the aliens documents and then fine the alien for breaches of laws restricting the aliens to registered areas....sounds familiar doesn't it....apartheid era South Africa...Jews in Nazi Germany. 

I thought it, you said it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lumbini said:

What if one rents two places ? ( say one in Bangkok and one at the beach and goes to their beach place only on weekends or holidays ?

How would you deal with this ?

Every time you change your place you submit a TM30

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, rumak said:

I suspect there are many offices ( maybe smaller ones, though CM is quite lenient as of now)  that do not make a deal about in country travel.   I also expect that the SMART posters here do not want to post about the "easy" offices .   Some things are better kept to ones self to keep things from changing.

You got the point. There was a reason I was not mentioning the Immigration office location ????

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Lumbini said:

How would you deal with this ?

Tell your landlords you'll look after the TM30s so as not to bother them ... then don't lodge one other than when you arrive for the first time at your main abode.

3 hours ago, gamini said:

For instance we can't even take our wives or girlfriends back to the UK unless we have substantial sums of money on all sorts of other ridiculous requirements

Thats for citizenship not an extended visa. Can you see the difference and note that it is done only ONCE?

• Like 1

Thats for citizenship not an extended visa. Can you see the difference and note that it is done only ONCE?
It's required for a Settlement visa. The financial requirements have to be met again for Leave to Remain. Not to mention the UK require 3 different levels of English language tests and exorbitant visa fees. Citizenship is possible after a lengthy, costly and difficult process.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

BTW, this database is increasing drastically every day - and I don't mean the couple of hundred thousand long-stayers, but the 38 million tourists, hundreds of millions of records, and they've simply created an ever-expandind haystack, reducing the chances of ever finding the needle or two.

I'm sorry, that is just wrong. As I stated in my previous post, this system has been running for decades. The main numbers of this reporting is by hotels and guesthouses, this makes up the majority of the reports. As has always been. While tourist numbers increase, obviously numbers from the hotel sources will increase.

The difference now is that they are enforcing the rules and making householders report the comings and goings of their guests.

This affects the couple of hundred thousand long stayers mostly and nobody else.

There really is too much hype about this TM3 issue causing speculation to spin out of control.

4 minutes ago, chrisinth said:

I'm sorry, that is just wrong. As I stated in my previous post, this system has been running for decades. The main numbers of this reporting is by hotels and guesthouses, this makes up the majority of the reports. As has always been. While tourist numbers increase, obviously numbers from the hotel sources will increase.

The difference now is that they are enforcing the rules and making householders report the comings and goings of their guests.

This affects the couple of hundred thousand long stayers mostly and nobody else.

There really is too much hype about this TM3 issue causing speculation to spin out of control.

It’s not too much hype at all. If you’ve looked through the multitude of posts explaining how for some people access to an IO is difficult and/or time consuming. Setting up an online function by web or app is a disaster. I’ve personally been waiting three weeks for a password and the postal one I sent off 2 weeks ago hasn’t been returned yet and probably won’t before I leave the country again. It’s my first time trying to do a TM30 in all my many years here. So talking about hype, saying it’s really easy to do is just plain idiotic. Whether it’s decades old or not is irrelevant. The whole thing is an illogical mess that serves no useful purpose.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2019 at 1:34 PM, Catkiwi said:

How does anyone know if you have travelled out of the province for the weekend? I would be filling out and going through the TM30 submission rigmarole most weekends, travelling inter-province to play golf....I guess I am not alone in this situation and I also guess that the majority will just not bother. 

It is only if you stay more than 24 hours