Tourism minister wants to extend pub opening hours

webfact

13 minutes ago, SammyT said:

Perhaps they could bring Chiang Mai into the fold and stop enforcing midnight closing. Extend it out til 2am to be in line with the rest of Thailand. 

Midnight in Udon Thani except for the one police-owned local dance hall which respects the national 2 AM curfew.

I don't ramwong either.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SammyT said:

Perhaps they could bring Chiang Mai into the fold and stop enforcing midnight closing. Extend it out til 2am to be in line with the rest of Thailand. 

Yes ,I found this extremely irritating while travelling in chaing mai.. all the best spots close insanely early, then they huddle everyone into dangerously overcrowded "after parties"  in sure none of the vendors would mind if Zoe in yellow was allowed to stay open a while later.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

Who really needs to drink between  2 am and 4 am ? Midnight and one for the road is ok if the road is walked but even in the '60s when I was a teen I needed home after midnight ,is there anyone on TV who would like a beer at 4am ?

I think the topic is about tourists, the ones that come to LOS to smoke, <deleted> and get plastered as often as possible.......????

Edited by transam
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, nong38 said:

It might be better for tourists if they did not encounter the alcohol free "Monk Days" about which they knew nothing when booking their holiday.

Or cannot buy alcohol during the restricted hours -- which is rather childish and silly. Like living in North Korea.

• Like 1