Guilty Pleasures with your Thai Partner

Kinnock

1 minute ago, georgegeorgia said:

Everything else was ok except the swearing 

Just not a into girls who swear .

Fair point - but not in public, just teaching her the words in the privacy of our home is funny.

I also missed introducing her to old Western music - most she's not keen on, but she Loves Tracy Chapman and Amy Winehouse and they are now both on her phone.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Greyhat said:
  • Netflix is worth having just because there's a decent amount of stuff with subtitles. There's a few favourites on there I can share with her.
  • Cooking things she's never experienced/ getting imported stuff from villa for her to try.
  • Just sharing general life perspectives and exploring cultural mindsets, religion, the nature of life etc. I refused to settle with a girl that couldn't hold a decent conversation, it's paid off. That's been a learning experience for us both, it's helped be integrate and i'd like to think it's helped her to have a wider perspective of the world.

Ah yes - cooking 'falang food' is fun.

And yes - good point about communication, in my case she has excellent English - but she still likes the sub-titles, so agree Netflix is great. 

• Like 1

I, like you, experience guilty pleasures with my Thai GF...you, however, did not name even one!

Smoking, excessive tattoos, vulgar language, saying Krup to a farang, being impolite and disrespectful are all in my zero tolerance list...this would likely take most all bar girls out of the picture...????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Puchaiyank said:

I, like you, experience guilty pleasures with my Thai GF...you, however, did not name even one!

Smoking, excessive tattoos, vulgar language, saying Krup to a farang, being impolite and disrespectful are all in my zero tolerance list...this would likely take most all bar girls out of the picture...????

Saying Krup to a farang...i dont get it

• Like 2

2 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Everything else was ok except the swearing 

Just not a into girls who swear unless in the bedroom, , have no idea why , i guess its overhearing farang girls on the bus sayng F ...this , F ..that talking like blokes 

I agree and consider teaching Thai girls to swear is a form of abuse.

Guilty pleasures with my wife used to be  a couple of joints with some beers on a saturday night after our son went to stay with his grand parents. Strange, quirky, incomprehensible and just plain funny conversation ensued...as well as some antics I wouldnt dream of detailing. Really good times.

Now we are older, its just a couple of beers on a saturday night, and we argue about what music to play these days as well.

• Like 1

Most of us Australians have got a bit of a potty mouth. I worked in the mines when young, so maybe you can gather how most my mates talk. When we returned home to OZ and she got to meet a lot of my friends, her level of learning what Australian swear words was increased dramatically. It did not worry me. Part of my culture. She doesn't use them but does understand the meanings now.

Both of us are tattooed extensively and we enjoy getting tattoos at the same time. My wives back looks great. I suppose we support each other in this regard. I think at least a 1/4 of my body is tattooed. The wife only got tattooed after meeting me. 

We have watched many of the classic movies together in English and she has enjoyed them all. Also Breaking Bad, Ray Donovan and Lets call Saul have been favorites for us to lay in bed and enjoy. Been watching Preacher together and getting a good laugh from that. We have been building Lego Technique together for sometime and we get pleasure from that. 

When we travel overseas, it is all new for me. She makes it all fun again and just seeing the surf for the first time and going for a swim in the ocean or having a go on a boogie board was just oh so much fun. All good things to do. All guilty pleasures for me and I am thankful for them. Watching her eat proper Fish and Chips on the beach brings back good memories.

I have plenty of pleasures from my life partner; cannot be much happier really. I will add a edit to it all and say, I would most likely be happier if I spent 9 months in Australia and 3 months here. I cannot do this yet due to family reasons but that is what I ultimately will aim for. Life then for me would be perfect. 

Edited by totally thaied up
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Taking her to see snow for the first time was great.  It was offseason in Yosemite National Park with hardly a soul around so the snow was pristine.  Lots of places after that but the first time was amazing.

Skydiving on the North Shore of Oahu and hiking the Grand Canyon were both great shared experiences.

We have been together 22 years so all the little stuff was done long ago and we share similar taste in most things.  She is really into NLP and the Life Coach scene so she is dragging me off to see Tony Robins in Singapore next month.  

The first 10 plus years I was sharing things with her but now she has turned the tables and found some things to share with me.  She has us signed up for a 20 km trail run in Chiang Rai, in a couple months but I am not expecting that to include too much pleasure, guilty or otherwise.????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The only time I hear women use Krup, it is anything but offensive.  Usually they are trying to reenforce use of the word with younger male children.  I suppose the Farang could be acting childish and she could be using the same technique she would use with a Thai child.????

44 minutes ago, villagefarang said:

Taking her to see snow for the first time was great.  It was offseason in Yosemite National Park with hardly a soul around so the snow was pristine.  Lots of places after that but the first time was amazing.

Skydiving on the North Shore of Oahu and hiking the Grand Canyon were both great shared experiences.

We have been together 22 years so all the little stuff was done long ago and we share similar taste in most things.  She is really into NLP and the Life Coach scene so she is dragging me off to see Tony Robins in Singapore next month.  

The first 10 plus years I was sharing things with her but now she has turned the tables and found some things to share with me.  She has us signed up for a 20 km trail run in Chiang Rai, in a couple months but I am not expecting that to include too much pleasure, guilty or otherwise.????

I was with you all the way up to the 20km trail run!

But yes, first time snow is magical. 

2018_1213_12280900.thumb.jpg.799a04b647c9a4e31baaece5d6b71b83.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kinnock said:

I'll try that one! ????

Another simple pleasure was her trying to teach me to pronounce 'snake' properly in Thai, and me trying to get to say 'Squirrel' properly in English.

A pretty Thai girl trying to say Squirrel is strangely hot.  

Try her on CHURCH, RIBBON and TROLLEY as well

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

I was with you all the way up to the 20km trail run!

But yes, first time snow is magical. 

2018_1213_12280900.thumb.jpg.799a04b647c9a4e31baaece5d6b71b83.jpg

But please explain why someone takes a photo of someone taking a selfie.

Edited by wgdanson
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

But please explain why someone takes a photo of someone taking a selfie.

Spontaneous moment, I've captured a lot of good ones....

My wife & two daughters trying to sync up & pose for just the right selfie is hilarious at times.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And yes, that first snow experience is priceless.....Pics are historical, but the videos are hysterical.....

Especially, that first time in real, deep snow + the energetic, but largely unsuccessful first snowman attempts......With or without selfies.....

IMG20190328101210.jpg

• Thanks 2