Tourism was a powerful economic engine in Thailand. Then a boat full of Chinese sank

rooster59

The slowdown in tourism has highlighted lapses in development of its infrastructure; Thailand’s five main airports are all accommodating millions more passengers than they have capacity for, meaning long queues on arrival.

Nope. Going to have to run that past me again.......

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

I think the strong Baht has a much bigger impact than that boat accident.

It will certainly slow down any chance of a recovery.

Last year there were about 450 THB to 100 CNY. Today, 5 of the 7 Thai banks that I have rates for are below 400 THB to 100 CNY

• Sad 1

Not ONE WORD in the article about how to keep this country CLEAN.I'm sure this need to be adressed because the tourist want to come for their holyday to a country that take safety and ecological careseriously.Who wants to come for a expensive holiday when the beaches look like they look..I think quality is the buzzword,not quantity..another word would be sustainability..

What are the types of sustainable tourism?
Tourism forms identified by the literature as being “sustainable” are numerous: ecological tourism (ecotourism), green tourism, soft, rural tourism and agrotourism, community tourism, solidarity and responsible tourism, all these opposing to the traditional, mass tourism.

Were does people want to go on their holidays,her's what Google says:

https://www.travelsupermarket.com/en-gb/travel-insurance/where-the-world-wants-to-go-on-holiday/

Not one word mentions Thailand..Thailand need to rethink MANY things..Language skills is lacking BIG times,English that is..To teach what the word SERVICE really means..so many more things but i stop for now and crawl back to hide under a rock...But living here with family for 17 years i can still say that i love Thais and Thailand ????

• Like 1