British PM to suspend parliament before Brexit, opposition denounces 'coup'

webfact

21 minutes ago, tebee said:

Well if Brexiters don't hate foreigners, what reason is there for Brexit? It will make us all worse off financially, The sovereignty argument is ultimately futile - you don't gain it by being a small country next to a much larger neighbour - ask Switzerland.

The ironic thing is the UK need immigrants to make the economy function, all restricting EU immigration will do is see more people coming from asia and africa

How will restricting EU immigration "see more people coming from asia and africa"...?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DannyCarlton said:

You use them as a form of trolling, as you have just alluded to. Primarily to sensible posts that you have no sensible answer to.

You'll be telling us next that Boris prorogued parliament and suspended it for 5 weeks because MPs needed a rest and he needed a "Queens Speech". 555

Wrong. I use them as a convenient form of quick response that needs no further reply. So it is actually the opposite of trolling. 

Our definitions of "sensible" are obviously very different. I am not going to comment on why Boris requested a new session of parliament because I can't be sure that I know the answer to that.  

Edited by nauseus
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

I am not going to comment on why Boris requested a new session of parliament because I can't be sure that I know the answer to that. 

Well, surely, by your definition, my post deserves a smiley face. 555

BTW. I'm not wrong, most people are in no doubt why you proliferate this forum with adolescent smiley faces.

3 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Well, surely, by your definition, my post deserves a smiley face. 555

BTW. I'm not wrong, most people are in no doubt why you proliferate this forum with adolescent smiley faces.

Are you are in no doubt that these "most" people are also in no doubt? Was there yet another poll? Like a troll poll?

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Forethat said:

How will restricting EU immigration "see more people coming from asia and africa"...?

I can't really answer that question specifically, but what I will say is a no deal brexit is likely to see much less co- operation between British and French immigration officers in Sangatte/Calais, seeing a much larger number crossing the Channel successfully. That number being almost exclusively from Africa and the Middle East.

Edited by DannyCarlton
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, tebee said:

Well if Brexiters don't hate foreigners, what reason is there for Brexit? It will make us all worse off financially, The sovereignty argument is ultimately futile - you don't gain it by being a small country next to a much larger neighbour - ask Switzerland.

The ironic thing is the UK need immigrants to make the economy function, all restricting EU immigration will do is see more people coming from asia and africa

Oh come on tebee, this has been covered so many times it has become boring. We already have a country we don't want another, the EU is turning Europe into its own federal dominion, I was in the understanding that the G7 summit was for sovereign states, did you not question why Donald Tusk turned up, they must be thinking it is a country already. I like my country and that is how I hope it will stay.

Unelected despots are not my thing and having to stand to attention to 'Ode to Joy' is farcical, you want that, that is your choice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/29/2019 at 9:10 PM, Loiner said:

You would be even sadder if the country was left to the treachery and trickery of the Remainers, and you were left to live under the EU.
You’ve certainly got a feel for the Remainers and what is needed for them, but we are not really allowed to destroy them. Crushing humiliation of them will be ok though.

Same here,when I "pulled the pin" from Stoke-on-Trent,UK (off my own bat) my friends all said I was crazy,now they wish they had done the same,to late mate

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, billd766 said:

I do hate it when the talking heads keep interrupting the person that they are interviewing. It is extremely bad manners and by constantly interrupting the guest the guest cannot finish answering the question.

200% with you, it's Sky, BBC, DW, CNN and the majority of them, wonder if all the reporters went to the same interviewing school, back in my young age, my parents taught me to let other speak before interrupting

• Like 1

On 8/29/2019 at 7:10 PM, Loiner said:

You would be even sadder if the country was left to the treachery and trickery of the Remainers, and you were left to live under the EU.
You’ve certainly got a feel for the Remainers and what is needed for them, but we are not really allowed to destroy them. Crushing humiliation of them will be ok though.

There was vote, and they lost. If this was American, the Liberals would pull their usual playbook, keep demanding votes until they win, then it's settled law. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

Well, imagine I would be at Hyde Park or Hugh Grant would be there and have this say..... whom do you think people would listen to? 

Is that enough for an answer? ????

Hugh Grant. A man of knowledge, who knows what he wants.

5F6A841B-8E07-4E30-B692-ACEE9CEE54A3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

But during that interview JRM was rarely allowed to finish answering her first question before she was off onto the second with the third following close behind.

She is only a talking head as is Piers Morgan who is much worse then her. They could be replaced by puppets and nobody would care.

I didn't watch it, I was talking generally. The majority of politicians invite interruption as they prefer to answer the question that they wanted to be asked rather than the one that was.

I am not saying the media are without blame, after all they have had some top level training in directional manipulation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vogie said:

Unelected despots are not my thing and having to stand to attention to 'Ode to Joy' is farcical, you want that, that is your choice.

You do realize that Bethoven's 9th Symphony was commissioned (in 1817 I believe) by the Philharmonic Society of LONDON (England). It is recognized worldwide to be one of the finest pieces of music ever written, and we should feel proud to have played our part in it. The choral finale is Beethoven's musical representation of universal brotherhood based on the "Ode to Joy" theme. So universal brotherhood, nothing to do with Europe, which was hardly a concept then other than a geographical one. The dross that Farage selected for MEPs displayed nothing but their ignorance with that pathetic protest.

(Back to disagreeing again I'm afraid! ????)

1 hour ago, Nigel Garvie said:

You do realize that Bethoven's 9th Symphony was commissioned (in 1817 I believe) by the Philharmonic Society of LONDON (England). It is recognized worldwide to be one of the finest pieces of music ever written, and we should feel proud to have played our part in it. The choral finale is Beethoven's musical representation of universal brotherhood based on the "Ode to Joy" theme. So universal brotherhood, nothing to do with Europe, which was hardly a concept then other than a geographical one. The dross that Farage selected for MEPs displayed nothing but their ignorance with that pathetic protest.

(Back to disagreeing again I'm afraid! ????)

Nothing to do with Europe but the EU has adopted it as its "anthem"? The demonstration was not about the music but about what is represents in this (EU) building and this context. If the BP MEPs had not been told to stand up for it, then they wouldn't have done the about face. It is not their democratic right to protest? Or is that activity only OK for remainers? 

• Like 2

On 8/29/2019 at 8:00 PM, CG1 Blue said:

The thing is, parliament gave the decision to the people by voting in favour of an in/out referendum in 2016. A referendum that Cameron made absolutely clear would be binding. 

More than 3 years later MPs are still trying to delay / reverse that decision, and Boris is trying to put an end to their disgraceful behaviour. 

Yes, Parliament is sovereign most of the time.  But if they hand the power to the people by giving them a referendum, they need to accept the outcome and deliver it! 

"A referendum that Cameron made absolutely clear would be binding."

Then he should have made it legally binding rather than advisory.

"More than 3 years later MPs are still trying to delay / reverse that decision, and Boris is trying to put an end to their disgraceful behaviour."

So you agree that MPs preventing us from leaving last March by voting down May's deal was disgraceful?

A deal, I remind you, that Boris was in favour of and voted for. 

"Yes, Parliament is sovereign most of the time.  But if they hand the power to the people by giving them a referendum, they need to accept the outcome and deliver it!"

As Parliament has been unable to agree on a path then the democratic solution is, rather than preventing MPs from even discussing whether or not to prevent a no deal, to give the decision back to the people in a final, this time legally binding, referendum.

But Brexiteers are afraid to do that; and we all know why.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

I can't really answer that question specifically, but what I will say is a no deal brexit is likely to see much less co- operation between British and French immigration officers in Sangatte/Calais, seeing a much larger number crossing the Channel successfully. That number being almost exclusively from Africa and the Middle East.

So you admit that you can't really answer that question, but continued to answer anyway? I guess the conclusion is that you felt obliged to speculate without knowing anything?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Forethat said:

So you admit that you can't really answer that question, but continued to answer anyway? I guess the conclusion is that you felt obliged to speculate without knowing anything?

No I answered a different but related question. Please try to keep up. You guessed wrong, yet again. Back to playing with the children again, for you. 555

• Confused 1