TM30: The form getting expats in Thailand into a bureaucratic tangle

webfact

2 minutes ago, puchooay said:

No. The owner of the property reports. Not the teacher.

If in any doubt, get the owner,or assist the owner to set up an account online. Get him/her to give you the account username and password and report yourself. Easy.

The "owner" is one class of the people who can do the TM30. The other 2 are:
The "housemaster" e.g. the Manager of a Condo, and
The "possessor" e.g. the occupant i.e. the tenant of the property.

They only need a valid passport and

- a copy of the blue housebook or
- a copy of the renting/leasing contract or
- a copy of the chanote, indicating that the applicant leased the property

to register online (on pc or mobile).

My deepest sympathy  to all the people who don't own a computer or mobile and have to ask a friend to express their discontent with the TM30-stuff here on ThaiVisa and other places????

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I now know a few Thai landlords are not interested in registering their properties so the onus is on the farang to do it but why does the tenant have to do it?

Should crack down on the owners

TM30 responsibility falls to the owner "OR" the housemaster "OR" the possessor of a property. The tenant is the possessor.

15 minutes ago, Lupusthai said:

The "owner" is one class of the people who can do the TM30. The other 2 are:
The "housemaster" e.g. the Manager of a Condo, and
The "possessor" e.g. the occupant i.e. the tenant of the property.

They only need a valid passport and

- a copy of the blue housebook or
- a copy of the renting/leasing contract or
- a copy of the chanote, indicating that the applicant leased the property

to register online (on pc or mobile).

My deepest sympathy  to all the people who don't own a computer or mobile and have to ask a friend to express their discontent with the TM30-stuff here on ThaiVisa and other places????

Yes, I concur.

The point of my post was to explain that teachers and others that  work here do not need to take a day off work to report.

31 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

The direction this country is drifting should be alarming to anyone who values their privacy.

I provided finger prints, police verification, banking records and so on before I was vetted by immigration as a desirable person to receive a retirement visa to live in Thailand...

Now, that I am in country...immigration wants to be comprised to my every movement...in and out of country and even in-country travel...I know of no other country on earth that is so intrusive...(I feel certain someone will challenge this)

Had today's immigration policies been in play when I was looking at retirement abroad...I would not have come here...except as a 30 day tourist...

50/50 whether to stay or cut my loses and let the door hit me in the axx on the way out...????

Was that process you went through for a first-time retirement visa (applied from abroad) or a first-time retirement extension of stay (applied for in Thailand), or a subsequent retirement extension?

I should think the first time is more rigorous and after that it is pretty routine. You should surely at least stay and see how the next one goes, and see if the TM30 gets easier too.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

I went on a cycling tour last year. Not one one the half-a-dozen places we stayed at were interested in looking at passports. One night, move on.

Edit: Perhaps the answer is to photocopy in advance all the details required on a single page, then give copies to where you stay, and get the guest house to sign a receipt for it.

Edit: Ha ha ha! OK, the 'receipt' wouldn't work, but handing out a single page photocopy might.

If the guest house doesn't register you then you are still at home, geez you do not have to tell them if someone else hasn't 

• Like 2

Well, I live in my dad's house, who is a retired Thai National, but now he is in Germany and he cannot fill out the TM 30. I just recently renewed my Non immigrant B visa

Now my dad is not in Thailand to register me via TM 30,

What do I do now, hahahaha???

I suppose nothing. My wife has permanent residency in Germany and meanwhile applied for a German passport. She doesn’t worry much what immigration applied in Thailand

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brer said:

Plus then having to take the missus shopping in Assawan Nong Khai that’s another thousand or two. New handbag, pair of jeans, shoes and lunch.

I suppose you throw her a peanut?

Not even a peanut, not all Thai wifes "missus" are like yours. I am a lucky man for that!

• Sad 1