All cigarettes in Thailand sold in drab packaging starting September 12

webfact

53 minutes ago, BestB said:

Yes using common sense is not a given for some people, so i let you float in your own knowledge and enjoy it

No need to create fiction stories to prove  a point, i am sure yours, whatever or whoever that is and no he will not leave his wife or daughter penniless because state pays for it.

But as i said, carry on and do not let facts or truth get in a way of a good fiction story

Thanks, just as a last reply -

Common sense in this case needs backing up with facts such as -

If it is a conspiracy - how do smoking diseases excuse poor healthcare when the reasons given make more sense?

Total costs involved including things like fires started (accidentally or negligently) by smokers.

Total net revenue from smokers.

Costs incurred by others from passive smoking.

If it is a conspiracy, why are the tobacco companies not calling it out instead of just winging about falling profits?

Without any facts or figures to prove it, how do you know it is a conspiracy?

I will let you float in your lack of knowledge.

You created a fictional story to prove your point. My story is just as plausible as yours and as you said "no he will not leave his wife or daughter penniless because state pays for it." - not the smoker.

"carry on and do not let facts or truth get in a way of a good fiction story" - you gave neither so they didn't.

Thanks for the exchange, it's been interesting.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Thechook said:

All started in Australia years ago.   The big tobacco companies tried to sue the aussiee government and lost.  Now everyone is following Australia.

Crikey, the Thais'll be stealing loaves of bread next! :tongue:

Anywaaay, wasn't it the Canadians that proposed it donkeys years ago?... never mind. 

On 8/30/2019 at 7:44 AM, GalaxyMan said:

It still blows my mind, the hypocrisy of countries allowing and profiting via taxation the sale and use of tobacco, which will and does kill you, as they constantly tell you these days, yet ganja is illegal, a substance that will only improve your life, as they are constantly re-discovering again.

ganja is not addictive, Tobacco and alcohol are, therefore guaranteeing a high tax income for life maybe that is the reason. just saying. :coffee1:

On 8/30/2019 at 6:50 AM, Orton Rd said:

This filthy poison should be either banned of priced at 500 baht a packet

When the banning starts in earnest don't be surprised to see your own favorite ox get gored as well.

Be ever so careful what you wish for with government entities.

People should be free to do what they want with their own bodies as long as it doesn't harm others.

gods know there are precious few things we can control anymore.

You die alone by alcohol or sugar drinks, so it's up to you, now with tobacco you are killing those around you, people should be forbidden to smoke in the streets as well, not only on closed public places, forbidden smokers from smoke inside the house was already a very good step sadly can't be fully controlled. Screw smokers.

Screw condescending non-smokers

12 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

cigs are a minor problem live in chiangmai when the burning season is on.air is so bad like last year that breathing the air made u sick everyone was wearing mask of sorts.so putting cigs in plain packets will not stop anyone smoke here

The smoke from the pollution is equivalent to four cigarettes a day

Modern day Pollution is the cause of

most diseases and death.

Alcohol, drugs, violence, corruption Deceit, Cigarettes etc. All illnesses brought on by modern day life that we will never be happy in.

People once lived with minimal control and was content living out healthy lives.

There is enough on this planet for everyone but not for everybody’s 

Greed.

Archived