Governor checks polluted pond at Na Jomtien beach

Rimmer

Governor checks polluted pond at Na Jomtien beach

Pattaya-News-1-n-Aug-26-01-Pond.jpg

PATTAYA:--Following complaints by local residents and tourists, Chonburi Governor Pakarathorn Thienchai led a team of officials on August 26 to inspect a sewer-polluted pool of water that had formed on a Najomtien beach.

The governor and his team cooperated with volunteers to help solve the initial pollution issue by dispatching 1000 EM (effective microorganism) balls into the accumulated water on Saikao Beach, with the aim of eliminating any dangerous pathogens contained therein. The water upon first inspection was black in color and muddy with a very bad smell.

The officials were informed by local municipal workers that usually the sewage was discharged out to sea, but due to recent strong waves and winds for the past 2 weeks, sand had formed a dam wall to block the water and had led to the detritus and waste water accumulating in an increasingly unpleasant puddle.

Read more: https://www.pattayamail.com/news/governor-checks-polluted-pond-at-na-jomtien-beach-263084

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-08-31--

• Sad 1

Quote: "The officials were informed by local municipal workers that usually the sewage was discharged out to sea, but due to recent strong waves and winds for the past 2 weeks, sand had formed a dam wall to block the water and had led to the detritus and waste water accumulating in an increasingly unpleasant puddle. Unquote.

I hope they don't think that if it is indeed discharged out to sea again in future, then that is ok, problem solved.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, OneZero said:

Quote: "The officials were informed by local municipal workers that usually the sewage was discharged out to sea, but due to recent strong waves and winds for the past 2 weeks, sand had formed a dam wall to block the water and had led to the detritus and waste water accumulating in an increasingly unpleasant puddle. Unquote.

I hope they don't think that if it is indeed discharged out to sea again in future, then that is ok, problem solved.

From the article:

The governor said he wanted measures to be put in place to solve this problem permanently and to prevent untreated waste water from nearby houses and business establishments flowing directly into the ocean, potentially damaging the local ecosystem. 

14 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

How about a pool?

I guess you missed the comment posted on this forum recently about an East Indian having been seen washing his underwear one early AM in the pool.

And there's been other gross comments about pool hygiene (or lack thereof) but I'm going to spare you the details.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, neeray said:

I guess you missed the comment posted on this forum recently about an East Indian having been seen washing his underwear one early AM in the pool.

And there's been other gross comments about pool hygiene (or lack thereof) but I'm going to spare you the details.

Haha, yes I missed that one. I have my own pool and I never pee in that.... 

Can anyone tell me where there is a proper sewage treatment plant in Pattaya or surrounds ? ie Bar screen, primary sedimentation, secondary sedimentation, aeration tanks, trickling filter beds, and chlorination ? I really do believe that the billions of baht that are supposedly allocated to "improve" business could much better be used on a word that is not in the Thai dictionary ........ Infrastructure ????

4 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

Can anyone tell me where there is a proper sewage treatment plant in Pattaya or surrounds ? ie Bar screen, primary sedimentation, secondary sedimentation, aeration tanks, trickling filter beds, and chlorination ? I really do believe that the billions of baht that are supposedly allocated to "improve" business could much better be used on a word that is not in the Thai dictionary ........ Infrastructure ????

Surely the sewage treatment plan is the sea?

18 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

Yes there is one on Soi "Wat Boon"   the only problem is they seem to only use it as a pumping station.

P_20190410_103840.thumb.jpg.a7bf8ed8189aaaf1f6fd941d6cc403fb.jpg

18 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

The only one in operation I know of is on the north side of Highway 7, https://goo.gl/maps/QdXbAs7tUBf3jRVWA . Just follow the stench.