How about a solar car port on a budget?

I know the polycarbonate isn't fire-resistant.

But it was in the shed, I can lift it, and it keeps the cat/chickens out (yes, I removed the eggs from behind the smaller packs).

image.jpeg.57526fd1addc6002c84d12e60ec54f15.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/3/2024 at 3:43 PM, Crossy said:

Hernia anyone??

Those Liyuan 280Ah x 48V battery packs are about 110kg each!

No, I didn't lift them in! :whistling:

We just happened to have a couple of Thai labourers re-building (actually knocking down) our damaged retaining wall. A hundred Baht each (probably about 30% of their day rate for demolishing the wall) and they were more than happy to oblige.

image.thumb.jpeg.242d3a4891023b47c824d69a53301647.jpeg

Keep an eye on the cells in your new battery packs. I installed an identical battery pack (from same seller) in January, and after just three months of very gentle use (as you can see from the cycle count) one of the cells is already failing:

Screenshot_2024-04-29-10-32-06-405_com.jktech_bms.thumb.jpg.d2080626561b23be9339d0bf558384be.jpg

To protect the cells I set the low voltage cut-off at 3V, and when cell 9 reaches that voltage the other 15 cells are still close to 3.3V (approximately 70% SOC). As a result I have very little usable capacity in the pack. Clearly, cell 9 has a manufacturing defect, even though it looked OK when i first received the battery pack.

I have sent all the evidence to Luyuan, and am waiting for their engineers to take a look at it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1