Education minister: No more sexy short skirts and no more violence!

webfact

4 hours ago, madmitch said:

I think this skirt issue is brought up every few years and nothing changes (fortunately!)

Why not just get rid of uniforms for university students.  Then the majority of students would just wear jeans and tee shirts anyway.

Where we live the rolling up of school skirts is ongoing with regular emails from the school saying it will not be tolerated.  They actually have teachers at the school gates checking the girls in.  Exactly the same as when I was at school all those years ago. You can see the girls rolling down the skirts as they approach the school gates and when they leave for home they just roll them up again.  Some things never change.

Never wore a skirt but some years ago I was invited to rollup a trouser leg.  But that wasn't fashion related.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, rumak said:

I count FIFTY guys looking at this thread at this time .   Kind of answers that stupid question often asked

"what brought you to Thailand? ".    Duhhhh .....

Nothing else to do on a Monday afternoon anyway I'll have to go school coming out soon

'The ministry explained that it was time that the regulations caught up with the times.'

When you learn a. Logic., b. Basic grammar, then maybe there is a faint chance some may think you had an education.

How about stopping the discrimination against women and allow women students to wear pants? Don't they realize that wearing the skirt short is a kind of protest against a system that forces them to wear them in the first place? And there is nothing sexy about short skirts when everyone knows they wear several layers of spandex pants under that as well as an inner layer of underpants.

I worked at the universty for years and it was just impossble for them to enforce the short skirts. There were so many violators. Faculty members would randomly single out dress code violators as an example. Sometimes they would send students home to change. The boys would wear their shirts outside their pants as well. Sometimes the girls would take their shirts in at the sides so they would be more form fitting. Most universities are too big to monitor this and enforce dress codes. The University would post cardboard card-outs of inappropriate and approbriate attire.

The short skirts and violations undermine the purpose of uniforms to a large extent. 

Perhaps someday in the not too distant future we will see free style dress as schools compete more and more for students. 

1 hour ago, Isaanbiker said:

We are the only nation where foreigners want to live for the rest of their lives. But we've showed them with the TM 30 and TM 47 and TM 7 and other TM's that we know what we're doing.

We are the most powerful nation in the world. 

Thailand is the absolute center of the universe. That is why they win so many nobel peace prizes, peabody awards, so many oscars, gold medals at the olympics, world cup titles, and have athletes at the top of most sports. It is why they are so highly regarded for their scientific achievements. The whole world looks to them when it needs advice, moral guidance, or expertise. 

18b4606cec32d47a06cdbab1cf1c1c65--office-ladies-university.jpg

788d8316fd1d274a259e713862320028.jpg

8771ad5edeb60b0ab4367ee7ee2fffaa.jpg

4 minutes ago, rumak said:

I count FIFTY guys looking at this thread at this time .   Kind of answers that stupid question often asked

"what brought you to Thailand? ".    Duhhhh .....

There are cheaper and easier ways of looking at girls in short skirts but I take your point. 

It's a bit of a circular argument really isn't it and not confined to girls in school. They only wear short skirts because men (mainly) look at them and men only look at them because they wear short skirts. 

Anyway that's my attempt to put an intellectual facade on my perversion. 

4 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Maybe as a trade-off, no more sexy shorts for students and the no more absurd display of medals by the Generals. Laying off those obscene expensive watches included. 

Your getting things a little mixed up when you compare

materialistic items medals,watchs on display to young girl displaying themselves as model's.

What if the minister would focus on entrance tests for Thai English, but also foreign English teachers with a TOEIC score of 300?

What about an interview in English for those Thai people who want to teach English held by a foreigner who grew up in an English speaking country, to check their understanding of the English language?

Same also for NNES from countries where degrees can easily be bought and the level of English is on par with the Thai English teachers?

What about letting students fail if they do not attend class, or are so bad that they'd have grade one, or zero?

What about scratching countless activities that the students have to do including boy scout marching and so on?

Why does the minister not make rules and regulations that also agencies have to pay into the social security that the teachers at least have an insurance if something happens?

Why does the minister not change opportunities for foreigners who have proven that they're good teachers to have more rights than just being a Farang? Five year contracts and visas/extensions for those who've got a clean criminal record and 10 plus years of teaching experience?

But hell no, now it's about too short skirts of some university students. 

The whole educational system need a complete overhaul and it seems that this will never happen ,too many lost faces wouldn't be good.

12 minutes ago, AlQaholic said:

How about stopping the discrimination against women and allow women students to wear pants? Don't they realize that wearing the skirt short is a kind of protest against a system that forces them to wear them in the first place? And there is nothing sexy about short skirts when everyone knows they wear several layers of spandex pants under that as well as an inner layer of underpants.

Still looks good compared to this.

822912216_Muslimewiththreewiveslol.jpg.c79492a3a655d85afa174d08ece9c470.jpg

4 hours ago, petermik said:

I see it caught your eye.......:whistling:

BTW I,m not THAT old...but a perv for sure :cheesy:

It will be sad sad day for me (and most guys I,d guess) when I,m no longer able to admire a nice pair of legs in a tight skirt :thumbsup:

Don't forget those au natural 'pre implant' b**bs gently shaking with every step. :giggle:

20 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

The pics here are all of University young women, not young school girls

Yes I thought that. I live next to a school and they don't wear short skirts. It's the universities and vocational colleges where this seems to happen.

4 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Maybe as a trade-off, no more sexy shorts for students and the no more absurd display of medals by the Generals. Laying off those obscene expensive watches included. 

I don't think its obscene showing off his or her medals for bravery  or outstanding achievements. In what way does it effect you.

25 minutes ago, AlQaholic said:

So, you have been there?

1 minute ago, Percy P said:

I don't think its obscene showing off his or her medals for bravery  or outstanding achievements. In what way does it effect you.

I think the point being made might be that whilst some medals are for bravery a lot aren't and my guess is that's probably not the case for many generals. Medals are normal amongst senior staff in government departments who only work in offices. 

Archived