My EU employer needs me to be based here. Has never worked in Thai & doesn't know how to get me a WP/non-B

They are based in the EU. They need me based here, although the work covers most of ASEAN and I will travel a bit. 

We have local partners here, but their foreigner quotas seem to be full. 

They need to provide me with a WP and non-B  to be here legally - and the contract needs to comply with Thai law (e.g. social security tax included, severance pay, etc.) They don't seem to have any idea where to start. Open for advice and solicitations for services. 

Your company could open a representative office in Thailand and hire you under a foreign entity's representation. But as far as I know that's limited to 2? employees, and all documentation needs to come from abroad. It is also time limited.

Spoke to someone at labour department about this some years back. Not sure it's still available, but maybe there's someone here who knows more about it.

Sounds like the local partners are not very happy to see you coming here, doesn't it. Without their support it will be an expensive exercise to get you a working permit. Capital in a local Company that needs to maintain a visible presence i.e. a.o. Staff.

Get a lawyer to advise on your Visa situation, preferably a reputable Firm with some English speaking Staff. In Bangkok you'll find easily, and some that did some work for me are advertising on TV regularly.

So, if it is going well, you did the right thing.
If it does not go well, you can say see what happens, even Lawyers cannot do it.
Your employer should pay for the legal fees anyway.

Good luck.

Edited by KKr

OP you will get a large mix of advice here - some right some wrong 

Explain the situation to your employers are tell them to contact a International law firm in BKK - this will be easier for them because of the language barrier

If they want you to work here then it is their responsibility to provide you with the correct paperwork to do so - it is not up to you to sort this out and certainly not by asking for answers on a forum

• Like 1

If the local partner not want to support the conpany you work for. What kind of realtoon do you have.

The work you are going to do has to be work a thai can not do.

And since thai do more themselfs soon you will be replaced like all foreigners will in the long run. Unless you are here with a BOI.

All is straight forward and the onestop shop service centers of the goverment can help you out.

The problem you face and your company is that you probably not doing work that is on foreigner work.

Beside that if your thai partner companies not back you up you will have a very hard time and success will be very slim.

Unless of course it is that you have a lot of money to spent and be the Investor then the BOI will support you.

When asked to me the way you describ things.

You made the wrong start and seem to have the wrong thia partners (for this).

In every country the local partner who is really a partner will help you to succeed that is my first hand experience.

Edited by Autonuaq

The obvious solution (as someone posted above) is a small representative office. Unfortunately, permission to establish these is often denied. (I know of two cases, using a big international legal firm, where the denial was forthcoming.) There needs to be a clear benefit to Thailand before they will give permission.

If your company has Thai partners, and a good relationship with one of them, I would suggest making clear that you are not looking for a straight favour, but willing to make it financially worthwhile for them to help.

There is another solution that is probably doable, but a little less clearcut. If you will just be carrying out meetings and business negotiations with Thai partners, along with other companies around the region, a multiple Non B visa for visits to Thai partners (no work permit) is likely legal. People do get Non B visas on this basis. All you need are letters from your partners requesting that the Thai consulate issue you a Non B visa for this purpose. 

• Like 1

On 9/2/2019 at 12:20 AM, tomazbodner said:

Your company could open a representative office in Thailand and hire you under a foreign entity's representation. But as far as I know that's limited to 2? employees, and all documentation needs to come from abroad. It is also time limited.

So can I open a representative office of my US company in Thailand and hire myself? How much money is involved?