strange pink card experience

6 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I have a bank account opened with a Pink ID, I dont think its a foreigner account, I may be a foreigner but with the pink ID that has a Thai id number on it and my name in Thai, I opened an everyday Thai account. No different to a Thai national opening an account with their blue ID and ID number.

When I opened the account I presented passport and Pink ID, the girl at the bank gave me a choice, I could use passport to open an English name account or pink ID to open a Thai name account. I recall the manager saying the pink ID was easier for them as the ID number goes straight into the bank software.

The bank requirements for a foreigner opening an account probably doesn't list pink ID as its a Thai ID opening a Thai account.

Maybe the bank has it completely wrong but it seemed pretty straight forward at the time, ID card issued by Thai Government, name and address in Thai, I wasn't really presenting as a foreigner with no ID other than a passport.

I hear what you're saying,but I still insist that there are not one bank in Thailand where the "official" requirements allow a foreigner to open a bank account using the pink ID-card. That card doesn't exist in the banking world as an official ID. I hope you understand what I mean.

I had a guy who tried to use his pink ID card to check in to our resort. I refused as the ID card does not have a name in English, Nationality, passport number and of course he had no departure slip. Impossible to register him at immigration with this card. 

1 hour ago, Cloudy said:

I had a guy who tried to use his pink ID card to check in to our resort. I refused as the ID card does not have a name in English, Nationality, passport number and of course he had no departure slip. Impossible to register him at immigration with this card. 

You must one of the few, I use my pink ID card almost every-time (about twice a month) when checking into a hotel/resort and until now without any problems

Edited by merijn

6 hours ago, Max69xl said:

I hear what you're saying,but I still insist that there are not one bank in Thailand where the "official" requirements allow a foreigner to open a bank account using the pink ID-card. That card doesn't exist in the banking world as an official ID. I hope you understand what I mean.

I assume your trying to say that no bank has a Pink ID card on their current list of accepted documents on their websites. That means nothing at all, just because YOU haven't seen an up to date list yourself. 

5 hours ago, Cloudy said:

Where was he from? Are you sure he didn't have PR?

Where's your resort?................I'll keep well away from it.????

Edited by sumrit
  • Like 1