strange pink card experience

1 minute ago, sumrit said:

It definitely won't. I'm happy with what the post office told me. I tracked all documents and every single one was safely delivered.

Amazingly my parcel too arrived safe and sound...

I do love the EMS tracking.

On 9/4/2019 at 4:07 PM, elviajero said:

Interesting, I wasn’t aware of the airline restriction.

There is a plan to introduce ID style cards to expats which will include their visa status etc. No idea when that’ll happen as it’s been talked about for ages, but IMO it would be a better option than the pink ID card that isn’t really meant for expat use.

My Thai drivers license uses my passport number has the license ID number. Renewed in 2018.

1 minute ago, choff56 said:

My Thai drivers license uses my passport number has the license ID number. Renewed in 2018.

Most do unless you actually used a pink ID initially, Then its pink ID number on license.

1 hour ago, sumrit said:

And was that from a main post office or was it from one of these local postal shops that are privately owned and sometimes bend the rules to get the income?

I frequently send EMS inside Thailand and abroad from the main Banglamung postoffice, and use driver license or pink card, depending on which one I have in my pocket.

My driver license has never been refused or even questioned, and regarding your question in post#121 if it contains vital and legal information, every Thai drivers license contains the same information.

That is you name and address and either your passport number or as others claim your pink id card number, but I doubt actually that anything more than your name get entered by the postal clerk.

4 minutes ago, ThePioneer said:

I frequently send EMS inside Thailand and abroad from the main Banglamung postoffice, and use driver license or pink card, depending on which one I have in my pocket.

My driver license has never been refused or even questioned, and regarding your question in post#121 if it contains vital and legal information, every Thai drivers license contains the same information.

That is you name and address and either your passport number or as others claim your pink id card number, but I doubt actually that anything more than your name get entered by the postal clerk.

OK. 

Over the last 18 months or so I've had to send and receive many legal documents to/from various Government and other institutions based in the UK in relation to a friends estate that I have been administering as his executor. The main post office in Chonburi have insisted that must use either my Pink ID card or my Passport to send those envelopes and to sign with the same ID if I needed to collect any documents from the post office. 

My Pink ID card or my Passport were the only two options offered to me, a TDL wasn't an option. That's the same requirements for Thai Nationals as far as I know.

The people who have replied so far saying they've used their TDL all live in Pattaya. Maybe, because there are so many Foreigners living in Pattaya (with most NOT having a Pink ID card) the Post Office there have an agreement to accept a TDL instead. I don't know. I certainly wasn't offered that alternative in Chonburi.

31 minutes ago, sumrit said:

My Pink ID card or my Passport were the only two options offered to me, a TDL wasn't an option. That's the same requirements for Thai Nationals as far as I know.

Would have thought a Thai National could use their ID card............ why do they even have a pink card ?

4 minutes ago, sumrit said:

But something to do with (illegal) exporting maybe...........you carefully left that bit out????

https://www.amazon.com/ ................. of course they do sell coffee as well ????

Nothing illegal, I sell car parts purchased from Pattaya Ford Dealership.

Which raises the question, Can I claim back the VAT on the items ?

2 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I have a bank account opened with a Pink ID, I dont think its a foreigner account, I may be a foreigner but with the pink ID that has a Thai id number on it and my name in Thai, I opened an everyday Thai account. No different to a Thai national opening an account with their blue ID and ID number.

When I opened the account I presented passport and Pink ID, the girl at the bank gave me a choice, I could use passport to open an English name account or pink ID to open a Thai name account. I recall the manager saying the pink ID was easier for them as the ID number goes straight into the bank software.

The bank requirements for a foreigner opening an account probably doesn't list pink ID as its a Thai ID opening a Thai account.

Maybe the bank has it completely wrong but it seemed pretty straight forward at the time, ID card issued by Thai Government, name and address in Thai, I wasn't really presenting as a foreigner with no ID other than a passport.

What are the differences between a foreigners account and a Thai? Perhaps the interest?

1 minute ago, Don Mega said:

Nothing illegal, I sell car parts purchased from Pattaya Ford Dealership.

Which raises the question, Can I claim back the VAT on the items ?

Depends if you have an export licence and work permit to start with. How many Thais does your business employ???

10 minutes ago, sumrit said:

Is there one?

I remember under a previous PM interest was taken away from foreign owned accounts. Whether that rule changed again I don’t know. I also remember being told that with a yellow book your account would be able to receive interest. Hence my question.

Before anyone jumps on me....none of what I’ve said have I ever verified. With the levels of interest on offer it’s hardly worth it.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, sumrit said:

Depends if you have an export licence and work permit to start with. How many Thais does your business employ???

lol. so from accusing me of doing illegal things to now asking how many I employ in my bussiness, your imagination is endless.

I do have a work permit.

6 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

lol. so from accusing me of doing illegal things to now asking how many I employ in my bussiness, your imagination is endless.

I do have a work permit.

A bit like your versions of the truth I think ???????? 

39 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

What are the differences between a foreigners account and a Thai? Perhaps the interest?

I remember a period think about 5-10 years ago that foreigners would have a lower interest rate on their savings account.

I think now it is the same for foreigners and Thais as nobody hardly receives any interest anymore LOL

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ThePioneer said:

I remember a period think about 5-10 years ago that foreigners would have a lower interest rate on their savings account.

I think now it is the same for foreigners and Thais as nobody hardly receives any interest anymore LOL

My thoughts are in line with yours

1 hour ago, Don Mega said:

Which parts do you think Iam lying about ?

We have deviated from the original thread so one of the mods is likely to want to shut the thread down. I think there is a lot of good information for others to gain by keeping it open so, for that reason, I will not be replying to any of your posts directed towards me any more.

23 minutes ago, sumrit said:

We have deviated from the original thread so one of the mods is likely to want to shut the thread down. I think there is a lot of good information for others to gain by keeping it open so, for that reason, I will not be replying to any of your posts directed towards me any more.

Awesome, thanks... being called a liar and accused of being involved in illegal activities was wearing a bit thin.

39 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Awesome, thanks... being called a liar and accused of being involved in illegal activities was wearing a bit thin.

Hey, enjoyed the banter. You can certainly take it as well as give it. All said in good fun, and would have liked to carry on but, as I said, I know at least one of the mods doesn't like banter like ours deviating from the original thread for too long.

1 minute ago, sumrit said:

Hey, enjoyed the banter. You can certainly take it as well as give it. All said in good fun, and would have liked to carry on but, as I said, I know at least one of the mods doesn't like banter like ours deviating from the original thread for too long.

most mods lack a sense of humour, sadly they wield they axe though.