Boris Johnson's brother quits parliament, torn between family loyalty and national interest

snoop1130

I used to think that Theresa May was a secret Remainer.  Now I think Boris is.

Let's face it; if  Boris proposed Theresa's deal and asked for the support of the Brexiteers, it would still fail. 

Good job, Boris.

I think Scotland will still vote for independence.

Good Job, Boris.

After this fannying about, I don't think France or Spain will block Scotland's EU membership.

Good Job, Boris.

You might  destroy the UK, and achieved nothing other than that Theresa May offered.  

You are on a path to destroy my country, and I call you on that score a traitor.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Another sad example of what happens when the losers of a democratic vote refuse to accept the result.

Many years of disruption ahead until Remainers accept they lost.

It seems to me that the Brexiteers are currently in the losing position

• Like 2

11 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

I used to think that Theresa May was a secret Remainer.  Now I think Boris is.

Let's face it; if  Boris proposed Theresa's deal and asked for the support of the Brexiteers, it would still fail. 

Good job, Boris.

I think Scotland will still vote for independence.

Good Job, Boris.

After this fannying about, I don't think France or Spain will block Scotland's EU membership.

Good Job, Boris.

You might  destroy the UK, and achieved nothing other than that Theresa May offered.  

You are on a path to destroy my country, and I call you on that score a traitor.

An independent Scotland could apply for EU membership. Leader wannabee Sturgeon has been told very clearly they will be treated as any other applicant.

Spain will make sure they don't get any short cuts as the Catalans might want to do the same.

Sturgeon is stirring it again. Sadly I doubt Johnson as the balls or skills to put her in her place. That will just add to the complexities and chaos if she demands another referendum and Westminster refuses.

They are all traitors - MP's and Lords. Over remunerated and now caving in under pressure and not doing their jobs.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Ah well, according to Brexiters, it's ok for Boris and his chums to stab May in the back but not ok for anyone to do the same to them! No double standards of course.

Just like they like to pretend that people can never ever change their mind, over 3 years on and with much more information, because they liked the original result!

Can never change their mind? Of course they can, who would want a super gonorrhea outbreak? Not many people want that.

15 hours ago, Loiner said:

Did Jo fall or was he pushed? Who cares. His traitorous Remainer leanings have long been obvious.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

His parting words which I commend to my Brexiter friends. 

“A ‘no deal’ outcome of this sort may well be better than the never ending purgatory the Prime Minister is offering the country. But my message to my brother and to all Leave campaigners is that inflicting such serious economic and political harm on the country will leave an indelible impression of incompetence in the minds of the public. It cannot be what you wanted nor did the 2016 referendum provide any mandate for it.”

• Thanks 1

On 9/5/2019 at 1:41 PM, JonnyF said:

Another sad example of what happens when the losers of a democratic vote refuse to accept the result.

Many years of disruption ahead until Remainers accept they lost.

Another sad example of a one eyed fool.

Edited by joecoolfrog

His parting words which I commend to my Brexiter friends. 

serious economic and political harm on the country will leave an indelible impression of incompetence in the minds of the public.

You have no Brexiteer friends.

Remainers have already done the political harm and you a continuing to do so.
The ‘serious economic’ part is the nonsense that you latch on to and is just a load of old bull.