Asia's Beaches Go Quiet as Chinese Tourists Stay Home

webfact

On 9/6/2019 at 10:21 AM, mok199 said:

Something about an older Chinese woman in pantyhose under a bathing suit with a cheap perm that drives men wild...

I've just tasted "sick " in my mouth visualizing this

On 9/7/2019 at 3:18 AM, RichardColeman said:

I once met a Chinese girl online and went to China to meet her. We stayed in a chalet on the Chinese coast. I've never seen such beautiful clean beaches. I honestly cannot see why they bother to travel when they have it better , nicer and more importantly safer at home.

I can agree. China was and could be a magnificently beautiful country. It's vast like America with history to boot. 

And, while I vehemently dislike much about the current iteration of Chinese culture, I can respect much about them. There is a reason China had the largest economy for much of the 18th century. And all of Asia has been influenced by Chinese culture. 

The Thais on the other hand... ???? 

Thailand seemed to assimilate only the worst, most superficial parts of Chinese culture to form whatever Thainess is - which STILL nobody will explain. 

Edited by Fex Bluse

16 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

I can agree. China was and could be a magnificently beautiful country. It's vast like America with history to boot. 

And, while I vehemently dislike much about the current iteration of Chinese culture, I can respect much about them. There is a reason China had the largest economy for much of the 18th century. And all of Asia has been influenced by Chinese culture. 

The Thais on the other hand... ???? 

Thailand seemed to assimilate only the worst, most superficial parts of Chinese culture to form whatever Thainess is - which STILL nobody will explain. 

"only worst, most superficial" would that be money by any chance, combined with - what ever it takes to acquire it as quickly as possible? 

• Thanks 1

And then in another year they might see the light, make visa's easier, but then nobody is interested to come back anymore.
Is like going back to a girlfriend who cheated on you. I bought a multiple entry, 1 year, Vietnam Business visa today for 500$ to prepare as well.

Edited by tabarin
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, tabarin said:

And then in another year they might see the light, make visa's easier, but then nobody is interested to come back anymore.
Is like going back to a girlfriend who cheated on you. I bought a multiple entry, 1 year, Vietnam Business visa today for 500$ to prepare as well.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=827419

The previous visa agent who helped you to apply for 12-month business visa used a fake profile to apply for you. That means they created a company, and put all their visa Clients as employees of that company, so they can legalise the business visa application. 
But those Clients don't actually work for the company, and that company doesn't actually do any business, beside the function of being a company to apply for business visa.

As I've heard, it happens more and more that those business visas are denied and the foreigners who apply for business visa that way (without an actual employer) is denied to enter the country.

Hope you are american? https://vietnamvisavoa.com/en/vietnam-visa-changes-in-2019--what-you-need-to-know-a384

Because 1 year visas have been suspended for all other nationalities.

According to Vietnam Law, foreigners who stay to work more than 3 months in Vietnam, they must obtain work permit. With work permit obtained successfully, a long term visa up to 2 year in maximum is granted as per the Vietnam Immigration Law. It means that applicant is only allowed to issue 3 month visa as the longest validity if work permit is failed to be provided.

Do you have your work permit?

Good luck!

PS: You can get the same business visas from an agent in thailand.

PS2: Business visa is 135USD approx, not 500.

Edited by ThomasThBKK

First group of Chinese with poor experience in Thailand. Telling their friends that Thailand has the same <deleted> we make for them and there is no freedom there. I spend about 7 months in Norway and see bus loads with china men and women. I read in newspapers that the average Chinese spend about 25,000 ฿ per day in Norway.
Norway has become a very attractive destination for Chinese tourists. This year, a quarter of a million Chinese are coming here. Now, luxury stores are getting their own Chinese-speaking staff.
Bjerke will now have Chinese-speaking employees in all its stores in Oslo. On average, the Chinese who buy watches in the store leave 338000 ฿

Edited by Bangkokazy

3 hours ago, Mavideol said:

keep the bath high and it will keep everybody away

It simply amazes me how people who must’ve lived in this country for some while still don’t know what that unit of currency is. It is certainly not something in which you wash

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAS21 said:

It simply amazes me how people who must’ve lived in this country for some while still don’t know what that unit of currency is. It is certainly not something in which you wash

Maybe a typo, and then maybe not ????

The best thing about Chinese-less beaches:

- there's less cleaning up after them, needed... (especially to your own underfeet)

- it's better to clean after them, when they keep to squatting in the gutters...

2 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=827419

Hope you are american? https://vietnamvisavoa.com/en/vietnam-visa-changes-in-2019--what-you-need-to-know-a384

Because 1 year visas have been suspended for all other nationalities.

Do you have your work permit?

Good luck!

PS: You can get the same business visas from an agent in thailand.

PS2: Business visa is 135USD approx, not 500.

My uncle had a payed 1 year work permit in Vietnam back in 72 ????