Former James Bond star Pierce Bros­nan says the next 007 should definitely be a woman

snoop1130

10 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Brosnan, a less than average actor, was a <deleted> Bond. Only worse one was Lazenby who got one film only.

Ridiculous to have a female Bond. The books weren't written that way.

Stop changing things to appease: feminist, non white, homosexual, transexual, far left liberal politically correct activists who want to impose their political correctness on everyone else. 

Or should we insist Bond is played by a lesbian transexual half black half chinese disabled vegan who refuses to drink alcohol or drive fast cars in the interests of sustainability and never uses violence or any kind of weapon?

????  Very good, you've got it down accurately.  ha ha ha 

• Like 1

Part of the problem is that they are trying to rewrite books and novels set in the 1950s and 1960s to fit within something that is 50 or 60 years later.

It just doesn't work.

It is like trying to rewrite Thomas Hardy books from the late 1800s to fit in the 21st century. It just doesn't work.

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 10:59 PM, Mukdahanman said:

How about George Lazenby and Timothy Dalton - they were pants 

No worse than Brosnan and not PC.

I watched the entire series of movies except for Brosnan's as can't stand his smarminess.

The Connery and Moore films were rubbish with cheesy special effects, but saved by the leading men ( Connery for his raw sexuality, and Moore for OTT suaveness )

IMO if not for Craig, the franchise would have vanished into obscurity already.

Put in a non sex bomb woman just for PC and it will, IMO.

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind a woman in that role, but she would have to translate Bond's traits into a feminine character, this would include looking damn good, doing salacious jokes or otherwise risqué or black humor, seducing various attractive men, having an office flirt with her boss' secretary, liking fast cars and elegant sports such as golf.

what I definitely don't need is yet another watered down, politically correct character.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2019 at 9:29 AM, 727Sky said:

They used to have naked women in silhouette during the openings of the film.. Wonder if they will now have necked swinging Richards since James is now a Jane ?

Bond movies ..... With the new star they are saying is going to be the new Female Bond I figure one movie and it will be back to a guy thing ..

in all logic, sex being one of the major weapons of real-world female agents, we should see the female bond naked during the opening shadow plays showing her seducing various armed and dangerous men whose weapons could just melt in their hands for example.

I would be perfectly ok with that, the symbolism would make sense for a female bond.

On 9/11/2019 at 5:55 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Why? I go to see movies that entertain, not ones that engage in PC BS. If they made a great Bond movie with a chimpanzee playing Bond I'd go see it, but I already know that if they put a woman in as Bond, it'll be a disaster, like all the rip off social engineering movies they make nowadays.

Bond is a fornicator- it's what Bond does, so is she going to seduce every man she comes across, or go lesbian?

As for Brosnan, IMO he was the worst Bond. Anyway, coming from a man that was horribly embarrassing in Mama Mia, he doesn't have much, if any credibility, IMO.

A bond movie with a chimpanzee ??? That reminded me of.......

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, tgw said:

I wouldn't mind a woman in that role, but she would have to translate Bond's traits into a feminine character, this would include looking damn good, doing salacious jokes or otherwise risqué or black humor, seducing various attractive men, having an office flirt with her boss' secretary, liking fast cars and elegant sports such as golf.

what I definitely don't need is yet another watered down, politically correct character.

Whilst I agree - why make it bond? There are already a few movies that have come out that have had a kick <deleted> female lead which could be developed further. Charlize did atomic blond. Scarlet did Lucy and ghost in the shell, Angelina did Lara Croft and salt. They don’t need to ride the coat tails of bond just for the sake of it. And regardless - it comes down to the writing and storyline. If they can’t get that right then it won’t matter who is doing the acting. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ncc1701d said:

Whilst I agree - why make it bond? There are already a few movies that have come out that have had a kick <deleted> female lead which could be developed further. Charlize did atomic blond. Scarlet did Lucy and ghost in the shell, Angelina did Lara Croft and salt. They don’t need to ride the coat tails of bond just for the sake of it. And regardless - it comes down to the writing and storyline. If they can’t get that right then it won’t matter who is doing the acting. 

Either we are talking about the Bond franchise or we aren't.

Actors did change, but there is a more or less consistent Bond character with its strengths and weaknesses.

He's a retired British Navy Commander with special operations training, elegant, classy, stylish, smart, confident, womanizing, slightly chauvinistic, gentleman, secret service agent, professional killer, loyal, fast, agile, physically fit who likes nice woman and nice cars.

When watching a Bond film, I want to see Bond being or doing the above things.

• Like 2