4am closing: Will put Thai tourism "down the drain", says Dr Mohamed

webfact

43 minutes ago, TooBigToFit said:

It seems like there should be some sort of compromise. Some areas or some specific businesses should be able to open all day. Not all. For some people coming here they are on a different time clock. Americans and Canadians are 12 hours difference on the East coast. As for the Italy trip, whoever came up with that is an idiot or corrupt. 

errrm, the latter

• Like 1

the dr probadly can not go out,unless he gets permission.if he goes to those areas his wife will have his guts for garters.i had a friend in bkk who was allowed to go to one bar in soi 15 before they  removed them. the bar owner was a friend of the wife and would tell her if anything went down.it will improve tourist coming and thais will be better in more  money all round for them.it has got to be a good thing.and don,t forget the bar owner has the option to open or close if the customers are there. just like days gone by when that was the case.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, madmen said:

Who mentioined teenagers? Night clubbers world wide are in the 20 to 40 year age bracket. Just take a look at pattaya..not many 18 year olds. We are talking nightly partying and not the occasional moon parties that dont have a closing time anyway

Only if there is a military exercise like Cobra Gold I see many of so young people here in Pattaya. Yes there are some. But mostly they go to the discos and not so much to open air bars. At least this is my impression. 

4 minutes ago, Peterbkk99 said:

"4am closing: Will put Thai tourism down the drain",

I agree. Should be 6am

Why is that? The topic is about tourists and they don't work whilst staying here, so they've ample time to to get intoxicated if they start early. Temple visitors excluded.

• Like 1

I think most bartenders, waitresses, & other staff would not like to see the hours extended. 2:00 am makes sense. The ones that want to stay open until 4..,or 5 am have to pay extra for a license. In my younger days  (18 yr ago) there were dance clubs with DJ’s that you could go to after 2am. I think these were partly owned by the mafia and the police were paid off to allow them to stay open. These selected few locations in Thailand’s tourist cities made sense to me since it kept the partiers in a few locations for the police to keep an eye on instead of all the bars staying open until the wee hours

• Like 2