PM satisfied with Thammanat’s clarification to parliament about his criminal past

webfact

33 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Can you go one post where you criticize the current government but don't reference previous ones? 

It's very ugly and disingenuous. 

No i can't because i see them all as evil and corrupt, the only one i make an exception for is future forward. The rest are all the same and i see them do all the same tricks. Its scary that people don't notice it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is really affecting the image of Thailand. 

Previously they could hide under the cover of preventing corruption and doing their best for the country.

But the corruption, more and more, is clear for the average person to see.

It's really sad for the respectable, respectful and tolerant Thai people. To have thugs and thieves representing them.

It's also sad for the foreigners that love or used to love Thailand. Maybe whom have lived or visited the place for a good portion of their lives and wouldn't hear a bad word said about the place.

Edited by JamJar
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, a977 said:

Any other country in the world you have a criminal record you are not allowed to run for parliament.

Any evidence of this? "Not allowed" in what sense? I can see that a party would not endorse someone with a criminal record, but what about an independent candidate for parliament?

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, robblok said:

No i can't because i see them all as evil and corrupt, the only one i make an exception for is future forward. The rest are all the same and i see them do all the same tricks. Its scary that people don't notice it.

We know. Thailand right now, in my opinion, is at it's lowest point since I've travelled/lived here (2005).

But when you keep comparing the two, you're lessening the crimes and dishonesty that are happening right now. The bar is getting lower and lower everyday. What I'm inferring from your posts is basically a nonchalant, "it was also bad before, but what can do you?". This is disingenuous. 

• Like 2

A post attacking another poster on a personal level (naming the poster), has been removed. Please note all replies quoting this post had to be removed too.

Please refrain from naming and attacking other posters. Discuss the issue at hand on an objective level and respect the opinions of others. Thank you. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

My wristwatch says "time to move on", and "nothing to see here".

The force is strong with this one. He must have a pedigreed lineage or powerful backers, or both.

Read the original Sydney morning herald post it high lights his "powerful backer"

Sadly with that backing no one can touch him  (well until if when/he falls from grace then i doubt you would every find him again)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

We know. Thailand right now, in my opinion, is at it's lowest point since I've travelled/lived here (2005).

But when you keep comparing the two, you're lessening the crimes and dishonesty that are happening right now. The bar is getting lower and lower everyday. What I'm inferring from your posts is basically a nonchalant, "it was also bad before, but what can do you?". This is disingenuous. 

I don't see the crimes ass less, i see them equally bad. Maybe worse now as they got in with trickery. But i see exactly the same things i saw before. I was here around the same time maybe a little before you. 

I see exactly the same arrogance abuse of power and denying of facts. Its like nothing has changed but the faces. I just mention it because it just shows that nothing changes much in this country and without a viable good party there wont be any progress. 

By not mentioning how bad it was people seem to think that the PTP is a clean option and it certainly is not. They both employ thugs (Charlem / this drug minister), they both never seem to listen to proof from the other side no matter how clear it is. As long as they are in power they never ever take responsibility.

I can understand that Thais don't revolt, the alternative is crooked too. I only see future forward as a possible alternative but other then that this circle of violence and corruption will go on forever with only the faces and names changing but the behaviour is exactly the same.

Yes these crooks got in with trickery that is the worse part and the fact that the hypocrites in power now dare to make the comment about bad choices in the past while they are equally bad and do exactly the same corrupt arrogant things.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, robblok said:

I don't see the crimes ass less, i see them equally bad. Maybe worse now as they got in with trickery. But i see exactly the same things i saw before. I was here around the same time maybe a little before you. 

I see exactly the same arrogance abuse of power and denying of facts. Its like nothing has changed but the faces. I just mention it because it just shows that nothing changes much in this country and without a viable good party there wont be any progress. 

By not mentioning how bad it was people seem to think that the PTP is a clean option and it certainly is not. They both employ thugs (Charlem / this drug minister), they both never seem to listen to proof from the other side no matter how clear it is. As long as they are in power they never ever take responsibility.

I can understand that Thais don't revolt, the alternative is crooked too. I only see future forward as a possible alternative but other then that this circle of violence and corruption will go on forever with only the faces and names changing but the behaviour is exactly the same.

Yes these crooks got in with trickery that is the worse part and the fact that the hypocrites in power now dare to make the comment about bad choices in the past while they are equally bad and do exactly the same corrupt arrogant things.

These crimes are worse. They are held accountable to no one. That's very, very scary. 

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

These crimes are worse. They are held accountable to no one. That's very, very scary. 

Yes the scary part is too that this mob has the judiciary in their pocket. 100% agree. 

Crimes are not worse.. its worse that they probably get away with it.

Edited by robblok

3 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

That makes no sense. But hey, you can't just write anti-Thaksin posts all the time. People see through that. Need to appear to be balanced while at the same time really just digging up old stuff to to make the current government seem not so bad.

Good job. 

The current government is bad no question about it.. worse as they probably get away with it. But acting like it was so much better more lawful back then is crazy. Sorry just I don't agree with that image you and others try to create. Those in power are always arrogant, abuse their power and corrupt. I have not seen that change seen it then see it now. Only worse things are that this mob got in by trickery and has the judiciary in its power and is hypocrite. 

Sorry if i disturb your fantasy.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Chang_paarp said:

In a follow up article the SMH published the relevant court documents, including the appeal rejection. Thammanat and his half brother were told had they not given evidence against a number of Thai mafia and military members about their involvement in drug smuggling they would have received a nine year sentence. The article also refers to efforts by Thai opposition and government  members enquiring about the case. 

the felon MP's biggest problem could be his "ratting out other military mafia" coming to light 

• Like 1