Teenager Thunberg angrily tells U.N. climate summit 'you have stolen my dreams'

webfact

Just now, stevenl said:

Yes, it is not done when a 16 year old comes over childish.

Yes, & that is another reason why she shouldn't be addressing the UN.

It was cringeworthy. She's not mature enough.

Evadgib's earlier post with the links, summed it up.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, faraday said:

Yes, & that is another reason why she shouldn't be addressing the UN.

It was cringeworthy. She's not mature enough.

Evadgib's earlier post with the links, summed it up.

Ah, only old geezers allowed.

What is cringeworthy are the attacks on her person, the refusal of many to accept established science and on her age.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

Ah, only old geezers allowed.

What is cringeworthy are the attacks on her person, the refusal of many to accept established science and on her age.

Quote me some "established" science.

And which is it?  

Global warming?

or

Wait for it ........

Climate change?

15 minutes ago, Saint Nick said:

Cry me a river!

Funny, how it is always wrong and child exploitation, when it is to fight climate change or for gun- control!

I remember a few years ago, how Conservatives wet their collective panties over a 13 year old "conservative" young man!

No child exploitation here, as long as the child says the "right" (sic!) thing!

If she had stood up wearing a Davy Crockett hat & told everyone to shoot a bison my view would not have changed.

image.jpeg.4a2d44591638fd59242691a89c1df01d.jpeg

1 minute ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

Quote me some "established" science.

And which is it?  

Global warming?

or

Wait for it ........

Climate change?

This is about the speech she gave, your questions are not.

Plenty of discussions about your topic elsewhere.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

This is about the speech she gave, your questions are not.

Plenty of discussions about your topic elsewhere.

Please don't run away from my question.

You wrote and used the words "established science."

I asked for some proof.

Now you are running away from your own statement.

If you wish to retract your words I shall accept that as I don't believe it.

6 hours ago, donnacha said:

Sure, develop "renewable" sources of energy, but perhaps take the time to look into how much carbon the production of, say, a wind turbine takes. You might be surprised. Then look into how the moving parts need to be replaced over time. Then tot up all the maintenance, include the guy who sweeps up all the headless birds.

Then, look into how much electricity is produced by that turbine, and how much variance there is between a high-wind location such as an offshore platform in the North Sea and the less windy locations where most windmills are currently being placed, mainly to signal how virtuous that country's government is.

Finally, research how the massive batteries that store all this "renewable" energy are manufactured, and how destructively the rare earth minerals are mined.

The only real renewable energy is nuclear, and if the west had kept developing it properly over the past few decades, we would be in a far better position now. But, of course, the activists are suddenly not so pro-science when you mention nuclear power.

Here's a fun fact I learned yesterday from Netflix's Bill Gates doc: Melissa&Bill's foundation has been actively researching a Gen IV reactor for years now and wanted to build a test reactor. Guess what, he had to do a deal with the devil, China, to find a place to do it. Then Trump (appropriately) called out China and slapped on tarifs and that got screwed. Now here's the question: Why didn't US allow him to do his tests in the middle of the desert? Answer ... same people that cry after renewables go berserk when they hear "nuclear". Talk about hypocrites, I guess the dogma of Climatism doesn't allow for reason.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TerraPower

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Actually, nothing could be further from the truth. It was her incessant debating with them on the subject that converted them to her climate change agenda. Many autistic people show signs of genious in a specific area. Greta has found her's. Her oratory powers are incredible, not for someone of her age, but for any age. When Greta steps up to the microphone, the world (including world leaders) sit foreward, hold their breath and listen. She can hold an audience like no one else. And, due to her autism, it's not forced, not rehearsed, it's pure Greta speaking directly from her heart.

Will it fade? Will she burn out? Who knows? Just sit and marvel whilst it lasts. Only a matter of time before she gets her Nobel Prize.

For oratory and presentation skills I think the appropriate one is an Oscar, not the Nobel.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

I asked for some proof.

You're just trolling. What you don't believe is your issue.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Judging by the Millions that were marching at the Weekend in many Citys around the Globe, against Climate Change, there are an awful lot of dreamers as you call them.

They are simply Human Beings the same as us that require some kind of future that is not filled with pollution, Etc in which to live their lives , and the lives of their Children to follow.

Our Generation started most of this Global Warming stuff, but we will be long gone when the true impact hits home.

So please, let them try to change things if the are able, Its their future , not ours !

Give stuff up.....?.....Doubt it...

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Hey, the planet controls, the moon controls, the tide controls, in other words nature controls.

We humans are just a blip in time of the earth's existence that in the last hundred years or so humans have caused a problem. Humans have been on earth for 200,000 years with few probs except killing each other off, but in the last 100 years hmmmmm....It seems to me greed and money now rules the day..

Greed and money always ruled the day (since humans existed), the difference in the last 100 years is that we have the power to influence the ecosystem of our planet (to some degree, how much exactly is is what some scientists currently try to prove)

Imho most of these climate change discussions are completely useless anyway.

People discuss about if there is a climate change or not, or if the change is man made or not.

We would have to start the discussion with: What is our (humanity) goal?

Then depending on the goal we could say if climate change is good or bad.

It might be that climate change is good for, or doesn't affect, our goal. Then there is no need to waste time with it.

9 minutes ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

I asked for some proof.

It was GLOBAL WARMING and then it was CLIMATE CHANGE, so dumb people understand, that it is not ONLY about the temperature, but also about extreme weather patterns and stuff like that!

You know...for really dumb people!

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

He would have to do that in a mankini standing on his head to get any likes, they go to instagram boobsters or cute cats. Ain't 'social' media great.

What I am saying, is the laudest against clima reforms, will have to be forced to understand what is necessery to do for the future sake. 

Same battle as humans rights in the US 50’ies and onforward!

20 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Their 'Gods' are the theories they peddle.

You seem to have difficulty in distinguishing between theory and fact, like most deniers.

The scientists are the ones who have the rigorous training to explain what is happening. The deniers have been educated by right-wing shock jocks and vested interests to reject that, because they think they know better.

It's a bit unfortunate everyone will get to pay for the stupidity of our leaders and their supporters.

• Like 2