U.S. House to launch Trump impeachment inquiry over Ukraine controversy

webfact

On 10/5/2019 at 10:33 PM, Becker said:

Link: 2nd Whistleblower May Come Forward On Trump's Ukraine Call

"A second intelligence official with even more direct information on President Donald Trump’s efforts to pressure Ukraine into meddling in the presidential election may come forward to Congress, The New York Times reported Friday night."

Significant word is "MAY". We've heard all this before for the past two years, and all come to naught.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

No so. As the Mueller report noted, Trump was not absolved of having committed obstruction of justice

And again as Mueller clearly said in his testimony, the Department of Justice had never "not exonerated" anyone for anything. They can't. Perhaps obstruction of trumped up charges is different.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Significant word is "MAY". We've heard all this before for the past two years, and all come to naught.

No, you're wrong:

Link: Lawyer for Ukraine whistleblower says he represents second whistleblower on Trump's actions

"The lawyer for the first intelligence whistleblower who came forward with accusations concerning President Donald Trump and his interactions with Ukraine said Sunday he is representing a second whistleblower regarding the President's actions.

Attorney Mark Zaid confirmed to CNN that he and other lawyers on his team are now representing the second person, who the lawyer said works in the intelligence community, has first-hand knowledge that supports claims made by the first whistleblower and has spoken to the intelligence community's inspector general."

Edited by Becker
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

The person who should have been investigating if there was any wrongdoing by the Bidens in the Ukraine - Ukrainian Prosecutor General Yuriy Lutsenko, that's who.

According to Bloomberg News, who interviewed him:

If there were any evidence that Biden "peddled favours for aid" (which as mentioned above, there isn't) then the way to get an investigation into it started, would be to present something providing reasonable grounds for suspicion (difficult because once again, there is no such evidence) to the relevant US authorities, who I believe would be the FBI and/or DoJ.

If those authorities felt there was something worth looking at they would then start an investigation. They might even, as part of their investigation, work with the State Department to contact the relevant legal authorities in the country where a US citizen was suspected of a criminal offence.

However what is not allowed (because it's a criminal offence in and of itself) is for a person involved in a federal election to directly ask a foreign government to investigate a political rival.

As President of the United States, Trump would have been recalcitrant in his duties had he not brought up Biden's conduct during that phone call.  That video of Biden bragging about withholding money unless the Ukraine prosecutor investigating his son was fired was evidence enough of wrongdoing. 

Edited by Kelsall
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

How wrong this is has been pointed out to you in this thread and many, many, many other times in other threads you've been on.

The fact you are still punting this ridiculous point shows either complete willful ignorance, delusion to a worrying degree or just plain old trolling. I can't work out which one it is but if you are proven wrong time and time again as you have been here, can you at least move on to a more challenging counter argument?

Feel free to put me on your ignore list and to read the federalist article I posted.  I will return the favor.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Kelsall said:

Feel free to put me on your ignore list and to read the federalist article I posted.  I will return the favor.

Your facts have been debunked. You know that but don't want to accept that. Up to you, but posting those alternative facts time and time again is not very persuasive or smart.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, katana said:

Seems like there's been a constant slow motion coup in America to attempt to remove Trump via the courts that's been going on since he was elected in 2016.

Replying to that absurdly false accusation in the language of 45 --

No coup!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

It is not.  We have a treaty with Ukraine to facilitate each other's criminal investigations.  Trump followed the tenets of the duly signed treaty.

Good luck with the coup.

Would you be good enough to cite the criminal investigation that Trump was supporting with his actions?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1