PM Johnson goads opponents to call election as tempers flare over Brexit

webfact

13 hours ago, Nigel Garvie said:

This is what I said before;- Boris Johnson unbelievably said that the best thing for Jo Cox was for us to get on and deliver Brexit.

Fortunately I have found this picture that illustrates my point perfectly.

Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 20.58.25.png

That looks like Verhofstadt. Eurostar?

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Loiner said:

Eyup, after we’ve got out of the EU it’s time to get out of the clutches of that there London. Home Rule for Yorkshire.

Lets not forget , Yorkshire puddings , 

Matey up with,  Madam mouth and trews , form a coalition with the jocks.   Haggis and onion gravy..  Ah Bisto.

Eyup lad.. 

Edited by elliss
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, elliss said:

Lets not forget , Yorkshire puddings , 

Matey up with,  Madam mouth and trews , form a coalition with the jocks.   Haggis and onion gravy..  Ah Bisto.

Eyup lad.. 

Tha's kidding. Who'd want to join up with the sweaties? We'd only end up paying their missing English subsidies for them.

9 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

I thought they voted Leave because they wanted out of the EU. If it was a desperate cry for help because no-one was listening, then maybe Boris Johnson and Jacob Rees-Mogg were not obvious candidates to lead the revolution. 

I don't think that there was a "desperate cry for help". More a one-off opportunity to show their dissatisfaction.

They are the reason that Corbyn won't openly support "Remain" - it would be political suicide for Labour to ignore their working-class voting base. However, if Boris is the only candidate supporting Leave, who are they supposed to vote for?

1 minute ago, nkg said:

I don't think that there was a "desperate cry for help". More a one-off opportunity to show their dissatisfaction.

They are the reason that Corbyn won't openly support "Remain" - it would be political suicide for Labour to ignore their working-class voting base. However, if Boris is the only candidate supporting Leave, who are they supposed to vote for?

To clarify: is the working man voting to complain that he is not getting listened to, or voting because he wants to allow immigration from non-eu sources while being denied access to eu markets?

The Queen has more in common with the working man than do the buffoons who are sacrificing our country for their ambition and greed.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

To clarify: is the working man voting to complain that he is not getting listened to, or voting because he wants to allow immigration from non-eu sources while being denied access to eu markets?

The Queen has more in common with the working man than do the buffoons who are sacrificing our country for their ambition and greed.

Why do you mention immigration? Is this an attempt to portray the working-class British as racists?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 9/27/2019 at 10:49 AM, BobBKK said:

Boris the Bold is right. The others are cowards and know he will defeat them. Now what?  hold an ELECTION you pathetic Opposition

Fyi , bonkers is the only one who wants an election, 

to get out of his die in the ditch dead line, all balls and no brain.

My two shillings is on , he will do the back peddle act ,

It is now in the interests of the people , that we apply for a extension ...

On 9/27/2019 at 1:00 AM, Walter Travolta said:

Only weak people apologise for something they are not guilty of. Who the hell do people think they are demanding an apology or resigning? Im so embarrassed at what society is now, a set of screaming harpies making demands that are simply not going to happen. We got this womens USA soccer captain demanding equal pay. Have you ever heard anything so absurd?? People need to chill out, especially the lib/left. Sometimes you cant have your way. You look more mature when you can accept these facts but alas, you continue to look infantile on a daily basis. Stop trying to halt Brexit and when we are done, the nasty right wing fascist uneducated nazis will go back to sleep again like we have been since the liar that is Blair took over and you can get back to being traitors on something else. 20 years we have watched you virtue signalling, making demands, rallying every day, screaming in peoples faces, attacks, throwing beverages at people. You really are the lowest. 

This all stems from the Labour/Lib decision to stop discipline in homes and schools and now we see what we have reaped . . . . well done leftys, congratulations on causing more division than we have ever seen in our history, while all along you tell us you like diversity?? Then back that up with wanting  us all to be the same shade of brown under the EU umbrella haha how diverse of you. Your hypocrisy contradicts itself constantly. Im so glad I had parents that brought me up with the ability to be able to think for myself rather than be programmed by a TV channel

If Boris Johnson wants an election he can resign.   Perhaps he could persuade the traitors within the Tory party that undermined May's Exit deal to do the same.

I have seen no-one make as eloquent a case for Scottish independence as Johnson and his croneys in Westminster are doing now, and I am heartbroken that we will be behoven to leave the UK, rather than forcing England out.

Good job, Boris, but I'm not sure who you are working for

• Like 2

4 hours ago, evadgib said:

2 points;

1. I suspect something in the FTPA prevents this course of action otherwise they may already have thought of it &

2. If 55M English decided to regain control of the union the SNP tail would stop wagging the dog. If the English or the rest of UK were asked whether Scotlands bluff should be called they'd be out on their arrses at the first attempt & I cannot see EU being too quick once the rest of UK has sailed.

As far as I am aware, other countries can't vote another member out of the Union, or England would have been out a long time ago.  All that England can do is seek a referendum to vote to leave the Union, or seek a referendum to break up the Union.

• Like 2

On 9/28/2019 at 3:42 PM, StreetCowboy said:

If Boris Johnson wants an election he can resign.   Perhaps he could persuade the traitors within the Tory party that undermined May's Exit deal to do the same.

I have seen no-one make as eloquent a case for Scottish independence as Johnson and his croneys in Westminster are doing now, and I am heartbroken that we will be behoven to leave the UK, rather than forcing England out.

Good job, Boris, but I'm not sure who you are working for

Funny that the Remainers are on the whole , better educated , have a good sense of vocabulary and grammar and can make a good argument based on facts not slogans smeared on the side of a bus or whatever meme they have been  shared on their bile-filled Facebook pages.  I'm with JRM on the grammar side. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Funny that the Remainers are on the whole , better educated , have a good sense of vocabulary and grammar and can make a good argument based on facts not slogans smeared on the side of a bus or whatever meme they have been  shared on their bile-filled Facebook pages.  I'm with JRM on the grammar side. 

You have the award for this weeks the daftest post.....

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

As far as I am aware, other countries can't vote another member out of the Union, or England would have been out a long time ago.  All that England can do is seek a referendum to vote to leave the Union, or seek a referendum to break up the Union.

That was more or less my point, but throwing England out of the UK is no more likely than Germany being voted out of the EU by all the countries they're propping up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Extra spacing before commas does not give us confidence in your grasp of basic grammar, I'm afraid.

• Like 2