Fury of Brexit 'inferno' lays bare a divided United Kingdom

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

It's the <deleted> , cash-in-hand cowboy builders who had their collars felt. I've had a few of those on my properties over the years. Never a problem with EE's though. 

And it's primarialy associated with areas inside the M25. Pretty much unheard of up North.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dunroaming said:

Worse that that.  They thought they knew what it was about but they were just fed lies and fell for them.  Me to and although common sense prevailed with me I took a long time at the ballot box thinking about which way to go.  It wasn't until afterwards and the lies were exposed that I realised I had actually made the right choice after all.  We may have lost on the day but I did the right thing for what I believe in. 

At last we know now who the cult-like idiots are when confronted with reality. Not surprising given the demographic of many Brits in Thailand that they are a few of the here. Part of me wants a No Deal now because a) I can afford it and b) let's just see in real time how important the EU really is to us. But I would be sorry for the blameless who get caught up in such a sheet-storm. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Still more than voted to remain =democracy

But 63 % didn't vote to leave. So the minority who want to leave should leave, leave the UK.

Migrate to East Yorkshire, appoint Geoffrey Boycott as president for life and start their own country- Brexitland. Most of them are OAPs and would enjoy walking along the promenade at Bridlington, taking in that oh so bracing North Sea wind.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, bannork said:

But 63 % didn't vote to leave. So the minority who want to leave should leave, leave the UK.

Migrate to East Yorkshire, appoint Geoffrey Boycott as president for life and start their own country- Brexitland. Most of them are OAPs and would enjoy walking along the promenade at Bridlington, taking in that oh so bracing North Sea wind.

Nowt wrong with Brid pal. Had some cracking family holidays there.

41 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

It's a valid point. Cross channel migrations are kept to a minimum by close co operation between British immmigration officers, a number of whom are permanently posted in Calais, and the French authorities.

It's obvious that this level of detente between the officers of both countries will cease to exist, post Brexit, opening the floodgates.

And what naval vessels we have left will be trying to protect British fishing vessels from literally hundred of incursions into British waters from French,Spanish,Dutch and Belgian vessels. On Day One. I for one will be glued to 24 hour news as the country implodes - with yellow jackets everywhere , fighting on the open seas. Mass demos leading to rioting and looting.  And all because a group of ill-informed, prejudiced and easily manipulated section of the unorganized British working class continue to follow the rich lying elitist piped pipers - cracking open the UK like a piggy bank. 

10 minutes ago, bannork said:

But 63 % didn't vote to leave. So the minority who want to leaviNg they wish to support europe should leave, leave the UK.

If the 63% are so keen to remain in europe what's stopping them moving there instead of the continual whingeing about the results of a democratic election.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, bannork said:

Might be more use as Soylent Green.

Just now, beautifulthailand99 said:

And what naval vessels we have left will be trying to protect British fishing vessels from literally hundred of incursions into British waters from French,Spanish,Dutch and Belgian vessels. On Day One. I for one will be glued to 24 hour news as the country implodes - with yellow jackets everywhere , fighting on the open seas. Mass demos leading to rioting and looting.  And all because a group of ill-informed, prejudiced and easily manipulated section of the unorganized British working class continue to follow the rich lying elitist piped pipers - cracking open the UK like a piggy bank. 

I remember the cod wars well. Not something to be repeated.

Just now, beautifulthailand99 said:

We sorted those Icelandic fisherman out in the cod war and will do it again,these colours don,t run.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, kingdong said:

If the 63% are so keen to remain in europe what's stopping them moving there instead of the continual whingeing about the results of a democratic election.

I hear far more bleating from a much smaller percentage due to the fact that we are still full members of the EU.

You may have won a battle but you haven't won the war.

6 minutes ago, kingdong said:

We sorted those Icelandic fisherman out in the cod war and will do it again,these colours don,t run.

Iceland won the cod wars. Britain completely backed down,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cod_Wars

"The Cod Wars (Icelandic: Þorskastríðin, "the cod wars", or Landhelgisstríðin, "the wars for the territorial waters") were a series of confrontations between the United Kingdom and Iceland on fishing rights in the North Atlantic. Each of the disputes ended with an Icelandic victory.[1][2][3] The Third Cod War concluded in 1976, with a highly favourable agreement for Iceland; the United Kingdom conceded to a 200-nautical-mile (370-kilometre) Icelandic exclusive fishery zone"

Edited by DannyCarlton

8 minutes ago, kingdong said:

63% are a lot more than 37%. It's the minority, 37% who want to go. Please do.

If Bridlington is too nice, then Goole or Pontrefact will make a great new capital.

Edited by bannork

58 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

It's a valid point. Cross channel migrations are kept to a minimum by close co operation between British immmigration officers, a number of whom are permanently posted in Calais, and the French authorities.

It's obvious that this level of detente between the officers of both countries will cease to exist, post Brexit, opening the floodgates.

Because then after Brexit  the French can not stop them to leave France  if those get a order to leave the country (annex bis #...doc.), as they just following the order the French authority's have given to those illegal refugees …." leaving the French territory " and not anymore as before E.U. territory …..a nasty side effect of Brexit ????

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bannork said:

63% are a lot more than 37%. It's the minority, 37% who want to go. Please do.

If Bridlington is too nice, then Goole or Pontrefact will make a great new capital.

Pontefract is nice too. Make exceedingly good cakes. Had a memorable picnic by the river with my family there.

Try Googling Billericay or Basildon.

13 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Do you think that thats a good thing or a bad thing ?

You seem to be saying that the UK should remain in the EU because that will keep all the foreigners out .

Are you in favour of foreigners being kept out the UK ?

The government's white paper on fisheries makes for interesting reading.

https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/fisheries-white-paper-sustainable-fisheries-for-future-generations/sustainable-fisheries-for-future-generations-consultation-document

One eye-catching statistic from the paper:

Given the heavy reliance on UK waters of the EU fishing industry (on average between 2012 and 2016 other EU Member States’ vessels landed in the region of 760,000 tonnes of fish (£540 million revenue)), as well as the importance of EU waters to the UK (UK vessels landed approximately 90,000 tonnes of fish (£110 million revenue) 1 in other Member States’ waters per year in the same time period), it is in both our interests to reach a deal that works for the UK and the EU’s fishing communities.

Interesting that the EU currently catches 5 times as many fish from the UK.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

I'm against illegal economic migrants entering the UK through the back door. Isn't everyone?

Then why so keen on the. Eu   and it's freedom of movement? All any European country with an economic migrant problem has to do is give them citizenship and a passport and a .one way ticket to britain.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nkg said:

The government's white paper on fisheries makes for interesting reading.

https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/fisheries-white-paper-sustainable-fisheries-for-future-generations/sustainable-fisheries-for-future-generations-consultation-document

One eye-catching statistic from the paper:

Interesting that the EU currently catches 5 times as many fish from the UK.

So U.K. better order a few more vessels than the 3 who are now maintaining the fishery  control ….????

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Again woefully short on facts, big on rhetoric. It takes on average 8 years for a refugee from outside the EU to complete the process you described.  After that length of time they have settled in the country that they're in and the advantages of migrating again to the UK have dissappeard. The number of migrants entering the UK via the route you described are miniscule.

As for migrants from within the EU, there's ample data to prove that they are of net benefit to the UK economy.

Where is this 'ample data'. In the statistics relating to unemployment or economic inactivity.

Or perhaps in the health treatment waiting lists, or the figures regarding people claiming various benefits including those recently introduced in work benefits and those on zero hours contracts. Perhaps this data is available in the food banks?

How exactly do these EU migrants benefit the UK economy and which UK citizens find their economy has benefited from the presence of these migrants.

Edited by yogi100
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

It's a more than 10 years old myth !

but sad to see that some people continue to publish it today

as a (bad) exemple/reason why UK should quit EU. :sad:

Reality: EU rules never have forbid curved bananas !

See Wikipedia EuroMyth: Straight Bananas 

It wasn't posted as a fact. More to describe the uninformed and ignorance of the consequences of voting to leave.

4 hours ago, sanemax said:

That isnt true .

That is a complete fabrication .

Brexiteers did not vote Brexit to stop Black people coming to the UK .

Complete nonsense from you 

Most of the idiots in UK I know voted to leave because of that belief.

When I post about it I'm not posting about my reasons, only theirs.

Edited by overherebc

Most of the idiots in UK I know voted to leave because of that belief.
When I post about it I'm not posting about my reasons, only theirs.

That’s only an indication of the quality of the people you know. Not the rest of Brexiteers. You should try some other social groups.
  • Like 1