Need Retirement place for 70

On 9/28/2019 at 11:20 AM, wgdanson said:

Dear Sir, assuming that your first sentence is aimed at me wgdanson, I would recommend you invest in classes in READING my previous posts before replying. I have posted numerous apologies for my ONE simple mistake that Bht 500,000 was Bht 10,000 a month instead of a week.

The rest of your answer, I agree with totally.

Sorry, don't have the time to sit at a keyboard for ages and ages reading back news.  Too busy living a lovely life in this lovely Country and touring the World!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

not sure of all of your circumstances (ie savings, home country health insurance, your general state of health), but I would say it is doable with luck, but your biggest risks are health and exchange rates. If the next 10 years are anything like the last 10 years your 500,000 baht per year could end up being as little as 325,000 baht per year and most of us don't get healthier with age.

I plan to move to my wife's village in the center of Thailand. We have a house and a car there, lots of fruit and vegetable, rice is free, free range chicken as well. We cook all our meals and eat with the extended family too. I have lived there on and off for months and our living expenses were about 15.000 baht a month. So with your budget one could live very well there. It just depends from you. Thai families in the countryside live easily on a budget of 9.000 baht a month, they have food on their table and they are happy. 

10 hours ago, Tony125 said:

The hard part is to stay alive in Mexico. ????

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Lacrimas said:

I plan to move to my wife's village in the center of Thailand. We have a house and a car there, lots of fruit and vegetable, rice is free, free range chicken as well. We cook all our meals and eat with the extended family too. I have lived there on and off for months and our living expenses were about 15.000 baht a month. So with your budget one could live very well there. It just depends from you. Thai families in the countryside live easily on a budget of 9.000 baht a month, they have food on their table and they are happy. 

You keep forgetting that you don't pay rent. Someone moving anywhere in Thailand needs a place to stay,and it's not free.

2 hours ago, Lacrimas said:

I'm sorry but your comment of all free is not convincing, or you have found a wife who works and produces, my compliments then, isn't she a sister ?

On 9/27/2019 at 9:31 AM, ubonjoe said:

I think a person can live here on 500k baht a year. It just depends upon what type of lifestyle they want

Living, I'd agree.

However, keeping a subsidised health insurance in the home country would entail at least one return ticket per annum (in my case, 3 months compulsory stay in home country) or otherwise, and if available at 70, a private health insurance of say 4800 $ per annum. Consequently, some 25 % - 30 % of the "available" income is allocated already.

2 hours ago, ICELANDMAN said:

I'm sorry but your comment of all free is not convincing, or you have found a wife who works and produces, my compliments then, isn't she a sister ?

She does work in a school and I help the family producing for our food needs. In the countryside if you are friendly and helpful you get a lot of stuff for free. Of course it really depends if one would like this kind of life. I was born a farmer in my country so when I'm in Thailand I don't miss the cities but if you were born in a city you might miss it. Just guessing.

4 hours ago, Max69xl said:

You keep forgetting that you don't pay rent. Someone moving anywhere in Thailand needs a place to stay,and it's not free.

True, I'm also married to a Thai and I have accepted to live a Thai life. Something that not anyone can accept.