Saudi Arabia opens to tourists with investment appeal and no abaya rule

webfact

3 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Obviously, it's not the kind of destination that will suit everyone and certainly not the kind of keyboard warriors who will undoubtedly chime on this thread from their bar stools.

Can well understand it not being to the liking of bar stool frequenters... ????

But there again would be of interest to these who would prefer a holiday without larger louts, though i see the graffiti tossers have already lift their mark ☹️  a very silly thing to do in a country where one can loose their head ...literally.:whistling:

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

any minute now Jingthing will be along to tell us how this is better than thailand. :clap2:

I think he tics a couple boxes that make the KSA a non-preferred destination of choice. Along with anyone with half a brain.

• Like 1

Too little too late.....even Dubai is struggling now to attract business....go to any of the expat bars and its full of Indians nursing small beers (or sharing) .... and stinking the place up with fag smoke ????????

Tbh, i cant see much attraction in Dubai for tourists let alone going to Saudi ????

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jane Dough said:

Tour guide on bus: Inshallah my lovely tourists, to your left there is sand, and to your right - yes more sand. And we're not even at the beach yet! In a moment we'll be passing the public square. Appropriately enough it's just a "stone's throw" from the place where we lock up the adulteresses. Roll up, roll up.

Rooster

I am not sure why your tour guide would precede a fact with 'Inshallah' unless he was clueless about Arabic. Maybe he meant 'Alhamdulillah'?

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, thequietman said:

Until you say something unsettling about Mohamed, then the gloves are off and so is your head!

There are more than a few countries in the world where saying something negative about some exalted figures, whether fictional or real, will get you in trouble. Maybe the consequences are not always so dire, but showing cultural sensitivity when travelling is never a bad idea. 

• Sad 1