Despite all the Frustrations - You have Just Got to Love Thailand

Pilotman

2 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

I agree with you but the UK is like the tropic for us Canadian. I spent one "winter" in Liverpool and only needed my spring jacket. 

Fully agree. The UK winters are nowhere a harsh as some make out. Of course, they just say that as one way to justify to themselves why they live here.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Pilotman said:

The usual, gym, coffee with friends, shopping for cheese and cat/dog food, some online 'work', BBQ in the early evening, F1 Qualifying, NFL game to watch, bed with a lovely Asian lady.  Now that is what I call a retirement day.  

Sounds awful, but enjoy.

You fancy the Hanoi F1 next year? Let's be buddies and go together?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you ask me, what OP describes could be any country with a (sub)tropical climate. But I agree, anywhere better than winters in Netherlands / UK, it is just <deleted>ty.
However I could imagine it to be fun if having full snow, living near some winter sports area. The sun is just as hot in the day time, grilled chicken and a beer on the piste.

I do love many things about Thailand, but there is one hurdle of frustration that I cannot get over, and that hurdle is the annual burning season, that said, next burning season I am hopeful that I can just up and go for a couple of months to a coastal place to breath in some fresh air with the family while the big chiefs here send smoke signals to each other as often as they like, while at the same time damaging the health of all the innocent people, children, family members, etc etc.

If things don't work out as I have planned, then I will have to fall out of love with Thailand and relocate to some coastal town down under in the south of New South Wales, like Maloney's Beach and perhaps visit Thailand every now and again when the burning season is not evident.

3 hours ago, evadgib said:

It's so refreshingly chilly of late that i very nearly stepped on a snake a few days ago while walking the dogs as it wasn't quick enough to slither away. I missed it by all of 4"!

Shame on you! That poor snake. Probably scared half to death and now hiding in the bushes feeling traumatized.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Khon Kaen Jeff said:

Sounds awful, but enjoy.

You fancy the Hanoi F1 next year? Let's be buddies and go together?

Would love to, but I'm booked for the Singapore GP next year and can't swing two trips in one year. 2021 definitely. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I do love many things about Thailand, but there is one hurdle of frustration that I cannot get over, and that hurdle is the annual burning season, that said, next burning season I am hopeful that I can just up and go for a couple of months to a coastal place to breath in some fresh air with the family while the big chiefs here send smoke signals to each other as often as they like, while at the same time damaging the health of all the innocent people, children, family members, etc etc.

If things don't work out as I have planned, then I will have to fall out of love with Thailand and relocate to some coastal town down under in the south of New South Wales, like Maloney's Beach and perhaps visit Thailand every now and again when the burning season is not evident.

I can understand that. It would drive me to distraction too.  We don't have that problem where I live, thank goodness. 

4 hours ago, Dexlowe said:

Well of course. You haven't given a single thought to struggling Brit expats, homeless waifs, wretched soi dogs or ugly prostitutes. Shame on you. Go home.

Don't care about any of those things, they impinge on me not at all. 

4 hours ago, Khon Kaen Jeff said:

What you doing for the rest of the day now that little highlight is over?

ha!  I have been contemplating retiring for the last two years.  I know I get bored and will get  bored.  But the Dilbert situation at work is going to drive me to punch out this December for sure, possibly I will hang on for a few more months if they transfer me back to Florida.