Power supply to new build house

Max Brok

Possibly I have to pay my own power line from meter to my new house, it is about 400 mtrs.

I have seen a few other houses with small steel poles as support for their power line, also a few 100 mtrs.

But they do not have aircon and/or pump and waterheater for shower. Rest is just a refrigirator, freezer and led lights.

I know these power lines are thick and very stiff. Which kind of lines I should buy ( insulation type, copper,aluminium, steel, thickness) for 400 mtrs?

The poles have a distance of about 40 mtrs.

Do I need 60 amps or 45 amps. Waterheater is max. 3600 Watt and aircon about 3000. Pump 400 watt and occasional a electric waterheater for coffee.

What about earth/ground? Am I to far away of a pole with a aerthpin?

Edited by Max Brok
added some

Could there be another option in putting the cable underground? Could get a local with a backhoe easy enough, and would get rid of the overhead wiring. Maybe the price would not be much more, but don't know.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

I had 150mm x 150mm x 7000mm concrete poles made at local hardware store for 1500 baht each.

Placed one meter back off edge of rural road(incase they widen road later),33 metres apart and minimum of 700mm in ground.I used a post hole digger and added extra cement to the holes.

Minimum required height of pole is 5.50 metres high,i went 6.30 high to allow for overloaded sugar trucks coming out onto the road.

Say(not to spec) a 15/45 meter,50sq aluminium cable,poles and avr if required you will be looking around 110,000 baht. 

If your going to do it,make it look nice so PEA are happy.

Picture of pole size below.

20191002_134839.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

The only way you will really know is to talk to the supply authority.

In those 400 mtrs are 2 other connections but they have a thin line, 10 square mm, on wooden poles. Maybe they want to cooperate to go to the PEA. But I know Thai people do not like to pay because they are satisfied with the present situation.

The important bit is where the other meters are located, that will be the end of PEA responsibilty. It wouldn't hurt to get the reference numbers off the meters too, the more detail you can give PEA the better.