Several foreigners pulled out of Phuket Airport Immigration lines and interrogated.

1 hour ago, Tayaout said:

I read all your story. It could be explained by the fact that they did not notice the non-o and to save face made it like they were doing you a favor and let you in. The other explanation would means that I need to convert my non-o to an extension ????

Highly likely. When I was traveling in and out of Thailand on a Non Immigrant O, I must have been stamped in three or four times on a 30 day visa exemption. Always having to go back and get it corrected. IO always implying it was somehow my fault in spite of filling out the visa number on the TM6.

Edited by mngmn
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, TDCNINJA said:

He actually looks at my non-o with its associated stapled receipt and he says to me, "Ok I let you in but I want to tell you that had you entered with another tourist visa (Which I haven't had since 2016) or another visa waiver, I would have sent you home. " 

Hi OP, 
I could not find your age or what kind of Non-O you have, so it would be speculation to say anything...
It was either that the IO did not recognize your visa as a Non-O or that you don't have a Non-O but again, i am speculating...
Is your age above 50, and your visa a Non-OA ? then you should not have been questioned as stated in your posting...

Very odd title only foreigners could be pulled out of line, Thais would not be in the queue ?

It takes a while to swallow your pride and realize you always be regarded as inferior, by the authorities at least,, your money may be welcome, to those of us from colonies or ethnic minorities it is no surprise, those who seem to find it hardest are those who seem to have notions they are equal or superior to our hosts.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

15 minutes ago, RubbaJohnny said:

Very odd title only foreigners could be pulled out of line, 

I can confirm it goes on pulling people out of the line my friend came last month they pulled 4 guys from the line from what he said all single guys maybe travelling alone as my friend was, 1 of them was an Indian guy who started kicking off my friend said to him Thats not how it works here keep your mouth shut

Edited by ChipButty
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Ratt Thai said:

Hi OP, 
I could not find your age or what kind of Non-O you have, so it would be speculation to say anything...
It was either that the IO did not recognize your visa as a Non-O or that you don't have a Non-O but again, i am speculating...
Is your age above 50, and your visa a Non-OA ? then you should not have been questioned as stated in your posting...

Well he said hes retired mil., has a pension over 65k thb per month, so it's safe to assume he was on a retirement visa. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, aqua4 said:
8 hours ago, TDCNINJA said:

I don't think they want us living in their country anymore. For what's it worth, I didn't see any Chinese or other Asians get pulled out of line. 

I have said that for the past year as it is becoming more obvious. 

It has been becoming more and more obvious for the last five years at least, I reckon.

• Like 2