Trump publicly asks China to investigate Biden, even amid impeachment inquiry

webfact

This article loses credibility between the catchy headline and the details in the body.

Headline: "Trump publicly asked China to investigate Biden".

Reading down a bit, he didn't actually do that.  He was responding to a question from reporters at the WH.  Said he hadn't even spoken to Xi Ping about it specifically.  Chinese Dips seemed perplexed.  

As usual though, Trump's problem (of many) is he doesn't know when to shut his pie hole and leave unspoken thoughts unsaid.  Rather, he blurts off-the-cuff remarks and inuendo he, in the moment, thinks are tactically clever.  The assembled press giggles at yet another gift from the Blurt Master.

And so the usual suspects jump on their spin machine and you get this kind of nonsense.

That's jouralism these days. 

image.png.cfe9b49656b70cc819aa5815c37a2b7a.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

It's becoming more clear that Vice President Mike Pence is not clean

For sure.

Pence's staff are trying to create separation, and are employing the Gerald Ford strategy (Ford toured the country, staying away from DC), so as to remain clean by keeping Pence and mother on the road.

But Trump wants Pence velcroed to him, as a sort of insurance policy with Republicans..."If I go down I'm taking Pence with me, so you'll be left with Pelosi as POTUS46."

Cool to watch them stab each other in the back, and crawl over each other to get out of sinking ship just before it goes under.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

This article loses credibility between the catchy headline and the details in the body.

Reading down a bit, he didn't actually do that.  He was responding to a question from reporters at the WH.  Said he hadn't even spoken to Xi Ping about it specifically.  Chinese Dips seemed perplexed.  

As usual though, Trump's problem (of many) is he doesn't know when to shut his pie hole and leave unspoken thoughts unsaid.  Rather, he blurts off-the-cuff remarks and inuendo he, in the moment, thinks are tactically clever.  The assembled press giggles at yet another gift from the Blurt Master.

And so the usual suspects jump on their spin machine and you get this kind of nonsense.

You didn't provide any link. You implied this conclusion about MOSTLY FALSE was from Politifact. Kindly provide the link at Politifact (if it exists) to back up your reference to Politifact in this matter. I just checked Politifact and couldn't find that myself. If you are posting conclusions from Politifact to falsely give the impressions that they have made conclusions that they have not. either please do not do that, or at least say what you are doing OPENLY.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

Did you watch the video?

0:25 "...likewise China should start an investigation into the Bidens..."

The transcript of the Trump-Xi call on June 25 should probably be released ASAP. Trump is said to have made vague comments about Biden and Warren, while also saying he would not suppport Hong Kong protesters as part of his trade "dealings". 

Edited by mtls2005
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

So rather than spread out over 5 ex-Presidents, Trump has all of their problems - narcissism, dissembling, paranoia, sex crazed, lusty and vulgarity rolled into one?

You certainly get value for money with him.

Sometimes, perhaps, but graduates of his so called "University" and buyers of his vaporware condos in Mexico might tell a different story of what value that he actually provides.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jrbamc said:

Now we know the real reason Trump won't release his educational records, he is as dumb as a rock. Can't imagine China would do anything to help Trump after trade war. I describe Trump like I describe my ex wife, a thief, a liar, and a whore.

Same my ex, Funny that, Chakkarat Korat Girl, 555 

1 hour ago, 55Jay said:

FAKE NEWS!  

orange tweet style ????

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Houston -- we have a problem. 

It's becoming more clear that Vice President Mike Pence is not clean on the same charges that are being developed against 45 regarding Ukraine, China, etc. 

What does this mean?

If the democrats are going to impeach 45 on this it could become clear that they should also properly impeach Vice President Mike Pence as well on similar charges. 

But if 45 and Vice President Mike Pence were both in line to be impeached and removed, then the next in line for president is Nancy Pelosi!

That doesn't work for the democrats at all.

First of all Nancy Pelosi doesn't want to be president.

Secondly if they did impeach both, partisan republicans would have a stronger case that the impeachment push was 100 percent partisan. 

But if they impeach 45 and NOT Vice President Mike Pence then that would be legally and ethically irresponsible. 

The case against Vice President Mike Pence may not yet be as strong as the case against 45 who is impeaching himself but if It gets much stronger, IRONICALLY, it weakens the effort to impeach 45. 

Bizarre situation indeed. 

and the guy (Pence) can't keep his mouth shut .....

"The American people have the right to know whether or not the vice president of the United States or his family profited from his position," Pence told reporters in Scottsdale, Arizona.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Im sure you can tell us how much their already substantial incomes and assets have increased due to their positions, other than their personal portfolio increases due to their economic polices. O wait, they must have gotten a tax cut.

Sorry my friend, I only commented about the Bidens because in my mind, when you start off ordinary and come out rich from public service there is something wrong, vis a vis, the Big Bad Orange Man making a point on a $140 room. Biden isnt the only one: Harry Reid, John Boehner, Al Gore, The Clintons, the Obamas....but rather than argue the facts of each one, note they all got rich from politics, just think of Clubber Williams finally getting his Tenderloin

You really gotta get out more. Compared to Jared Kushner, Hunter Biden is a piker.

QATAR SHOCKED, SHOCKED TO LEARN IT ACCIDENTALLY BAILED OUT JARED KUSHNER

Eleven years after a young Jared Kushner purchased an aging skyscraper that would become an albatross around his family’s neck, and six months before the Kushners would have to cough up the $1.4 billion that was due on the mortgage for 666 Fifth Avenue, a Canadian asset-management company swooped in and agreed to take a 99-year lease on the building, paying a near-century’s worth of rent upfront. The bailout was surprising for a few reasons, chief among them being comments by the Kushners’ previous partner that 666 Fifth “would be worth a lot more if it was just dirt,” plus the fact that the family had spent two years trying to get new partners or financing to no avail. Also, there was the matter of the Qatar Investment Authority being a major investor in the company, Brookfield Asset Management, and Kushner’s support of a Saudi- and U.A.E.-led blockade of Qatar. 

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/02/qatar-666-5th-ave-jared-kushner

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Link: Former U.S. diplomat says he warned Giuliani about peddling Biden conspiracy theory

"The former U.S. special envoy to Ukraine testified Thursday that he warned President Trump’s attorney Rudy Giuliani that the information he was being provided from Ukrainian sources accusing former Vice President Joe Biden of corruption was not trustworthy"

• Like 1

Link: Diplomats pushed Ukraine to investigate, dangled Trump visit

"Top U.S. diplomats encouraged Ukraine’s newly elected president to conduct an investigation linked to Joe Biden’s family in return for a high-profile visit to Washington with President Donald Trump. It soon escalated into what one feared was a "crazy" swap that risked vital U.S. military aid."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, thaichina said:

FAKE NEWS!  

orange tweet style ????

What's fake about my observation in this case? The headline doesn't match the story.  Happens quite often.  Clickbait title, then walk it back in the body of the article.

Jingthing -  No connection to Politifact, merely a graphic off Google Images used for overall sentiment about the media.

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Did you watch the video?

0:25 "...likewise China should start an investigation into the Bidens..."

The transcript of the Trump-Xi call on June 25 should probably be released ASAP. Trump is said to have made vague comments about Biden and Warren, while also saying he would not suppport Hong Kong protesters as part of his trade "dealings". 

My comment was/is about the OP title and substance.   Thanks for the video. 

Edited by 55Jay

13 hours ago, stevenl said:

Problem is he doesn't care, and is convinced he'll never be impeached. He can do whatever he likes and will take it a few steps further as well.

on the contrary, I think he wants to be impeached, he knows he will probably lose the 2020 election so it's better to be impeached, afterwards he can say I was stopped from getting great deals for this country, the world economy is doing badly (a lot due to Trump) he can say that if I hadn't been impeached this would never have happened, he wants the martyr role if he cant be the winner.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Shoal buddy I think you nailed it!new texts just coming out via that Volker guy quid pro would withholding aid in exchange for spurious investigations into rivals how cowardly are the republicans?its not a partisan issue anymore get rid of the bum and deal (heal) with the fallout 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 55Jay said:

You mean like those Trump haters at Fox News. (However, to give them credit, they don't spread falsehoods like you in claiming the endorsement of a fact checking organization.)

Trump calls for China to investigate Biden family

"China should start an investigation into the Bidens because what happened with China is just about as bad as what happened with Ukraine," Trump said. "I’m sure that President Xi [Jinping] does not like being under that kind of scrutiny where billions of dollars is taken out of his country by a guy that just got kicked out of the Navy."

His call for a Chinese investigation into the Bidens comes as the House moves forward with an impeachment inquiry against Trump for pressing Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky over the summer to "look into" the family's dealings -- referring to an old investigation involving gas company Burisma Holdings where Hunter served on the board, and the elder Biden's role ousting a prosecutor who had been looking into them.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-calls-for-china-to-investigate-biden-family

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

The speed at which impeachable offenses are coming out now instead of getting on the Trump Train people will be riding the Impeachment Express.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

That's why the Trump fans want to start the impeachment hearings now.  The longer the investigation goes on, the more Trump provides incriminating evidence and impeachable offenses.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, RideJocky said:

So why does the Speaker not want to start?

The cake is still baking innit.

She announced a formal impeachment inquiry. 

That implies no final commitment to do anything further.

There is no constitutional requirement to rush such an inquiry.

BTW, if it remains obvious that the senate won't ever convict there are alternatives to impeachment and conviction. Such as formal censure.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/4/2019 at 5:57 AM, Jrbamc said:

Now we know the real reason Trump won't release his educational records, he is as dumb as a rock. Can't imagine China would do anything to help Trump after trade war. I describe Trump like I describe my ex wife, a thief, a liar, and a <deleted>.

Good judge of character you are?