Starbucks shares secrets at Bangkok workshop

webfact

By The Nation

800_eeb822ccddbb9c8.jpg?v=1570098141

Starbucks' coffee masters held the first Starbucks' Coffee Workshop in Thailand on Thursday (October 3) at the Central World outlet on the fifth floor of the Bangkok mall.

Attendees heard about coffee sources on all continents, techniques for brewing and how to expertly taste and classify a brew and were shown how to turn simple espresso into various popular varieties such as Americano and cappuccino and how to choose compatible desserts.

The “Espresso Deconstruction” segment cost Bt2,500 and taught how to isolate elements in espresso, how to create a latte and a cappuccino, and how to make a perfect espresso shot.

“Perfect Pairing” cost Bt3,000 and covered different growing locales’ contributions to different tastes and aromas. Participants were shown how to use all five senses to distinguish among the source beans. 

Tips for making great coffee at home were shared in a “Hand Brew” segment priced at Bt3,500. Techniques for Pour over Cone Brew, Chemex and Syphon were demonstrated along with a method to recognise taste from various coffee machines.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/Food/30377035

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-10-04

• Haha 1

There is something definitely amiss here, as the 2 worst cups of coffee I have ever had (and at great expense) were at a Starbucks in a huge Bangkok office block and at a similar location but in Chengdu, China. In both cups I could detect not one hint of any coffee flavour whatsoever ! I am not joking or exaggerating, I have no shares in a rival coffee enterprise, but something strange is going on !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:
5 hours ago, webfact said:

"If my cat still likes the cream, we serve it."

... learn how to persuade each subsequent customer; that the milk in 'their' coffee, is not a reheat of the previous customer's batch

9 hours ago, webfact said:

turn simple espresso into various popular varieties such as Americano and cappuccino

There is an alternative definition, especially for "Americano":

Take wonderful strong espresso and turn it into something that is best described as water with coffee taste.

And people pay to learn how to add water to espresso? Amazing!

8 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Thats the last choice for coffee absent nothing else. Even the swill in an Urn out of a cheap convneience store is more life friendly. There has to be no coffee withing 100 miles and I need the laxative before I will go in there.

And when I do, I like to cheerily greet the Barista with a happy Make America Great Again or Nuke the Baby Whales as I order, then when I pick up, I say thanks, "Diversity Sucks" or my personal favorite "Dont Tell Me Your Pronoun Im Smart Enuf to Guess". 

Seriously, all hyperbole aside, if I want to listen to someone lecture me, Ill have my Mom make me a pot of coffee, not some corporate shill making it clear to me that all folks arent welcome there.

Takes  some interpretation  but   eventually  I  conclude  agreement !

So  Starbucks has declared  the secret of  how  to  push an insipid  brew on  clientele who subscribe  to   a venue  in preference  to  the  quality of a product.

But franchise operations  with  prefix M, K,P ...now  read that  with  care .... defend the secrets  of their  poisons.

I  avoid  franchise operations  like the source of  a plague.

I  just live in the hope I  do  not  run out  of option !

Edited by Dumbastheycome
because