Committee to consider regulating high-risk entertainment industry

snoop1130

Committee to consider regulating high-risk entertainment industry

By The Nation

800_a63e0b726437240.jpg

While the investigation into the death of “pretty girl” hostess Thitima Noraphanphiphat, also known as “Lunlabelle”, is still in the evidence collection process, the Thai parliament has organised a brainstorming session to find a way to regulate the “pretty entertainment business” and provide for the welfare and protection of its workers.

The House of Representatives committee on children, women and the disabled will organise the brainstorm session with concerned parties as they seek a solution that meets the needs of women working in high-risk entertainment businesses.

Kan-Kanit Hae-haw Santi, a member of the house committee said members are prepared to bring this case to the committee as it considers studying how to implement measures to protect those working in the sector. These service workers may be required to register with officials, for example, so that the working women – whether pretties, entertainers or coyotes – are legally protected.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30377072

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-10-04
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, Jimbo in Thailand said:

During the late Vietnam War (1972-73) all prostitutes were registered and regulated since gonorrhea and syphilis was rampant here back then.  Pleasure girls carried a 'VD book' with their photo, registration number, and, stamped pages revealing a history of required periodic medical exams (every 2 weeks IIRC).  A prospective customer could ask to see the book and verify the date of her last 'VD check'.  He could also report her registration number to police if she gave him more than he bargained for. ????????

Back to the future, I was actually shocked when I returned to LOS in 2004 to find the government had abandoned this not perfect, but better than nothing, 'VD' regulation and monitoring system.  Go figure.

Very for the girls to get a "doctor" to stamp the book when they were infected. Bangkok '73-'74. Armed Forces Network (AFN) used to call out the bar names and numbers of those who had the clap.

40 minutes ago, hobz said:

Be me.

Hire pretties for my party.

Have Cosby pill in my pocket.

Slip it into pretties drink.

I can't wait...

Suddenly I overhear that she is registered pretty.

I see she is just about to take a sip from the Cosby drink!!

I panic and take the glass out of her hand in the last second.

Phew, dodged a bullet on that one.. 

Raping a registered pretty is dangerous as the registration is sexually transmitted and could make me registered.

you are a sad little man

1 hour ago, Jimbo in Thailand said:

During the late Vietnam War (1972-73) all prostitutes were registered and regulated since gonorrhea and syphilis was rampant here back then.  Pleasure girls carried a 'VD book' with their photo, registration number, and, stamped pages revealing a history of required periodic medical exams (every 2 weeks IIRC).  A prospective customer could ask to see the book and verify the date of her last 'VD check'.  He could also report her registration number to police if she gave him more than he bargained for. ????????

Back to the future, I was actually shocked when I returned to LOS in 2004 to find the government had abandoned this not perfect, but better than nothing, 'VD' regulation and monitoring system.  Go figure.

Maybe because as with any system the ""book" was  rubber stamped without any check, just the payment?

If a customer got more than bargained for then any report on the individual should be only as part of investigating who possesses the rubber stamp.

But as you state it is sad to abandon a monitoring system that is even more pertinent with the advent of HIV.

• Like 1