Guest House!

jimmy5L

Hi folks,

Can somebody help me with a reasonable guesthouse in Hua Hin with a pool for around 750 baht? 2 weeks end of April! All I find on the net are expensive hotels of 2000 or more! Or am I asking too much?

Have never been in Hua Hin before!

I have an impression that the prices are going sky high, airplane ticket went up about 15 % – you get less (10 %) bath’s for your money these days, and hotels went up about 15 % in Bangkok (Rambuttri Village Inn) compared to last year!

But I need some sun and thai food! :o

Thkx! :D

• 2 weeks later...
Hi folks,

Can somebody help me with a reasonable guesthouse in Hua Hin with a pool for around 750 baht? 2 weeks end of April! All I find on the net are expensive hotels of 2000 or more! Or am I asking too much?

Have never been in Hua Hin before!

I have an impression that the prices are going sky high, airplane ticket went up about 15 % – you get less (10 %) bath’s for your money these days, and hotels went up about 15 % in Bangkok (Rambuttri Village Inn) compared to last year!

But I need some sun and thai food! :o

Thkx! :D

It has been around 3 years since I was in Hua Hin and things may have changed but we stayed at a great guesthouse called Thipurai beach house.

It is in a small soi off the main road with other guesthouses on the same soi.

It is good 20 minute walk to the city but a 2 minute walk to the beach and you can do worse than a walk to town along the beach, easy and not far.

There is a pool and a few resturants there as well and tuk tuks on the main road.

As I said, things may have changed but we payed less than bht500 per night.

They have a website: www.thipurai.com

Brings back the memories as the wife and i use to stay in this soi before we had kids a decade or less back.

We always stayed at the guesthouse at the end of the soi (away from the pool) owned by Gary who runs dolphin resort in khao saam roi yot, and found it to be fine.

Just had a look at the thipurai website and see prices have risen, but that seems to be the case every where here now and getting a room nowadays is a bugger. I'd definitly stay in this soi again.