TM-30 Just arrived back in Thailand. landlord can't report me until Monday

Hi all, looking for a bit of insight.  I arrived back in Thailand this afternoon and informed my landlord I am back at my rented condo and brought up the TM-30 thing.  She said she can't report me because it was the end of the working day for immigration on a Friday, they aren't open on the weekend.  I asked about online and she said she didn't have the password yet.  

Is this ok if she reports me on Monday?  I know it is supposed to be within 24 hours, but for weekend or holidays is that extended to the next working day?

P.S.  I feel bad for her. She has to drive almost an hour and back just to tell them I arrived at the address written on my arrival card.  Insane!  Anyway, she probably knows the law better than me.  She has many tenants and is very hard working and responsible.  I'd hate to see either of us get a fine for this nonsense.

• Like 1

Isn't monday a holiday?

Will depend on in which province you stay. Afaik in for example in CM the TM30 counters are open on a weekend, so in theory they could fine people who were supposed to report on the weekend but failed to do this.

• Like 2

OP, just clarify when/why you need report imm. Is it for 90 day report or .....?

Point is, I got my knickers in a twist re tm30. I report CW. I fly out Thai every other week. Anyway to the point....this week I did my annual extension. Few days prior I returned from Saigon. Requested my condo do tm30. First one in 7 years staying same condo. The io handed back my tm30 print out. Did not even glance at it. By the rules I should of had 20+ previous on record for this year alone.

So just make sure a tm30 is done just prior to attending your imm office for any business. Note the 90 day report should not be related to tm30.

Edited by DrJack54

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, just clarify when/why you need report imm. Is it for 90 day report or .....?

Point is, I got my knickers in a twist re tm30. I report CW. I fly out Thai every other week. Anyway to the point....this week I did my annual extension. Few days prior I returned from Saigon. Requested my condo do tm30. First one in 7 years staying same condo. The io handed back my tm30 print out. Did not even glance at it. By the rules I should of had 20+ previous on record. 

So just make sure one is in order just prior to attending your imm office for any business. Note the 90 day report should not be related to tm30.

No 90 day report.  I just arrived back in Thailand today after traveling abroad for 3+ months.  So doesn't my address need to be reported after being out of the country or even the province?  I've never bothered filing a TM-30, neither has my landlord- Until recently, I suppose, because she said she normally charges the tenant 300 THB each time she has to do this because it takes up her time and gas (but she isn't charging me because I have been a good long term tenant) ????

I've been away for a long time, but last time I did an extension the IO politely told me to inform her to report a TM-30 next time.  I actually live in Nonthaburi.  I can literally walk into Bangkok limits in about 10 minutes.  Changwattana Immigration is 15 minutes drive, Nonthaburi Immigration is 40+ minutes.  30 minutes on the tollway to Sukhumvit.  I used to go for a night on the town, stay in a hotel and take care of any daytime business I might have in Bangkok (shopping, whatever).  Now this poor lady would have to drive an hour and back if I was to do that.  Or even stay in a hotel 5 minutes from my home, apparently.

5 hours ago, keysersoze276 said:

No 90 day report.  I just arrived back in Thailand today after traveling abroad for 3+ months.  So doesn't my address need to be reported after being out of the country or even the province?  I've never bothered filing a TM-30, neither has my landlord- Until recently, I suppose, because she said she normally charges the tenant 300 THB each time she has to do this because it takes up her time and gas (but she isn't charging me because I have been a good long term tenant) ????

I've been away for a long time, but last time I did an extension the IO politely told me to inform her to report a TM-30 next time.  I actually live in Nonthaburi.  I can literally walk into Bangkok limits in about 10 minutes.  Changwattana Immigration is 15 minutes drive, Nonthaburi Immigration is 40+ minutes.  30 minutes on the tollway to Sukhumvit.  I used to go for a night on the town, stay in a hotel and take care of any daytime business I might have in Bangkok (shopping, whatever).  Now this poor lady would have to drive an hour and back if I was to do that.  Or even stay in a hotel 5 minutes from my home, apparently.

You already gave the solution. Stay in an hotel till next working day, and it'd be nice to do the report for her, if you have the documents needed. Otherwise, even IO understand that if the office is closed it can't be done. 

She needs to hurry up and get the password then.

BTW, if it's a problem, next time come back on a working day.

40 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Depending on your visa why should you need submit a TM30?. You havent changed address. I have never been asked for a TM30 after travelling abroad. I tried once foolishly following the panic mongers on this forum and was told by the IO to come back in 90 days.

Because things have changed.

Every office does things differently, so just because your IO told you to go back in 90 days does not mean that it will be the same elsewhere.

TM 48 is for change of address, TM 30 is notification of location. Not the same.

6 hours ago, keysersoze276 said:

P.S.  I feel bad for her. She has to drive almost an hour and back just to tell them I arrived at the address written on my arrival card.  Insane!  Anyway, she probably knows the law better than me.  She has many tenants and is very hard working and responsible.  I'd hate to see either of us get a fine for this nonsense.

I hope she nicely (well, not too nicely, show a little frustration) expresses her thoughts to the immigration office as to how stupid and time consuming she thinks the TM30 concept is.

12 hours ago, jackdd said:

Isn't monday a holiday?

Will depend on in which province you stay. Afaik in for example in CM the TM30 counters are open on a weekend, so in theory they could fine people who were supposed to report on the weekend but failed to do this.

My thought as well. Will the Immigration Offices be open on Monday (14th) as it is the Substitution Day for HRH King Bhumibol's Memorial Day.

Back before I had ability to file TM30 online I would routinely file my TM30 i person at Immigration on the next working day after my arrival (and would try to arrive on a Friday or Saturday so as to allow myself a break before having to travel to town).

Never a problem.

After all, it is physically impossible to do anything at an Imm office until it is open.

12 hours ago, Martyp said:

Last week my landlord filed for me, in Bangkok, a day late (48 hours) with no problem. You should be OK for an official holiday weekend.

Monday is a national holiday and every immigration office is closed. That makes it possible to do the report on Tuesday. 

2 hours ago, villerupt said:

Hi, don't worry too much.

Last month, I report to CW 5 days later my arrival and the officer didn't charge me, just smile, be polite, shower in the morning (!), all copies ready and try your luck ...

My wife reported I was back home two days late and they wanted to charge her the maximum 2000 baht. But then the IO invited her to come to an 'arrangement' and she paid 500 - no receipt.

23 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Back before I had ability to file TM30 online I would routinely file my TM30 i person at Immigration on the next working day after my arrival (and would try to arrive on a Friday or Saturday so as to allow myself a break before having to travel to town).

Never a problem.

After all, it is physically impossible to do anything at an Imm office until it is open.

It wouldn't surprise me if they claim you could have done it on-line and so fine you anyway. I have no doubt at all that some IOs have taken that path, but a donation could then make the problem go away.

I have never yet dealt with anyone in uniform that didn't either find 10 excuses why they couldn't do their job (while waiting for a 'solution' to be suggested), or downright asked for a contribution to their lunch fund. My wife has found the same, but still wais them while they take the <deleted>.

She can wait until office opens on Monday. No problem. We were planning a trip to Bali, and saw we return on Friday. We askede Immigration in Monday was OK for reporting. They said yes. When we got back we went in on Monday-no problem-all done. Don't worry.

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

My wife reported I was back home two days late and they wanted to charge her the maximum 2000 baht. But then the IO invited her to come to an 'arrangement' and she paid 500 - no receipt.

Some of these Immigration offices are really despicable.

Without reading all of the posts and with some already stating what my story will tell you, I may give you the experience in a similar case:

My first TM30 (actually my wife´s first because she owns the house) was due after arrival coming from Bangkok as we stayed in a hotel there for three days. We arrived in the village friday evening late by car, went to the local police station to report on saturday, monday was public holiday. The officer really friendly advised us to come back on tuesday because of the holyday. I told her to make sure it was ok, because of the 24 hour rule, she asked again and he replied tuesday is ok, because of the holiday, they wouldn´t have anybody here who could do it anyway. Of course there was officers at the station, but obviously not the upper admistrating positions (or what they are called). Came back on tuesday, everybody totally comfortable, easy and quick. The lady asked about the three days from our arrival by plane in Bangkok till friday evening, wife said we were in the hotel, everything ok. Needed more pictures, I offered to pick them up from home and return fast, they said no hurry can do tomorrow, got the slip in the passport. Still I brought the pics in the afternoon, the lady was smiling, handed them over, she chose the more beautiful one, said: more nice, in and out in two minutes. - One thing: I was on a Tourist Visa, so i didn´t really get the confirmation, if the report to the local police is enough to meet the demands of the immigration.

Edited by Sparkling