Denied entry, sent back to Frankfurt

First the government get the airport tax from your arrival and when they deport you. They also can collect a fine from the airline you arrived on .

Then you told them you are here to visit your girl friend.   you don't sound like someone on vacation.

All the government cares about is there money, that's it.

Read the new, Chinese and Indians

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikeymike100 said:

So what is the definition of a 'tourist' ? This is the problem. If you come to Thailand for pleasure or culture or a vacation, ie: not working, you are by definition a tourist. The fact that you can afford to vacation more than once surely is up to you?

This is what I'd like to know. I've been visiting LOS for 18 years (from UK). Leave restrictions in my job meant I could only visit for 2 weeks at a time, 2 times per year. I've never applied for any type of visa, because as far as I'm concerned I'm just going on holiday. 

Now my work circumstances have changed, and I'm booking a 3 week trip in Dec. 

Is there a danger I'll be turned away at Swampy for too many entry stamps?

Or has the OP simply been caught out trying to play the system? 

This is what I'd like to know. I've been visiting LOS for 18 years (from UK). Leave restrictions in my job meant I could only visit for 2 weeks at a time, 2 times per year. I've never applied for any type of visa, because as far as I'm concerned I'm just going on holiday. 
Now my work circumstances have changed, and I'm booking a 3 week trip in Dec. 

Is there a danger I'll be turned away at Swampy for too many entry stamps?
Or has the OP simply been caught out trying to play the system? 

You will have no problems whatsoever as you are what TI considers a genuine tourist.
Those having problems are those that not only have been in Thailand for months but year on year consecutively.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I read somewhere that consulates will start using the same computer system as Immigration sometime next year....not sure if this is true but would be a step in the right direction.

With the new edict on health insurance for new OA applications I foresee an increase in METV applications for those who live part time in Thailand but have been using the O-A visa in the past. I am among this group, from USA , well past normal working age and spending 6-7 months a year in Thailand. When my current O-A visa and re-entry permit expire I would consider using METV but be careful to stay here under 180 days a year- hopefully this will work but who knows !  I already pay a substantial amount for Medicare plus supplement plan in USA and am not interested in purchasing additional insurance here as I can easily pay for any medical expenses incurred. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, notmyself said:

Many people who have previously overwintered in Thailand go elsewhere now. Of those I know it has not been change of rules/ enforcement per se but rather that they feel country has become less welcoming.

You're in a dreamworld if you think the boys coming here for the lovely weather and warm girls give a rats about hugs from immigration or some jet ski scam in phuket...too funny!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, BestB said:

So according to this poster all comps yes including all the multinationals can no longer have foreign directors? You do of course realise how insane that sounds and all will be packing up.  But welcome to believe an annonymous poster of what he thought he heard or understood ????

Spelt anonymous BTW, anonymous how? what do you want, a written introduction? Also it seems my hearing is suspect as is my understanding. Not sure exactly where I mentioned multinationals, I was told this was Companies that own land, believe what I was told or not, I couldn't care less.

5 minutes ago, stuandjulie said:

Spelt anonymous BTW, anonymous how? what do you want, a written introduction? Also it seems my hearing is suspect as is my understanding. Not sure exactly where I mentioned multinationals, I was told this was Companies that own land, believe what I was told or not, I couldn't care less.

If i wanted a lesson in spelling, rest assured i would not be asking you.As clearly your reading is just as bad as your comprehension.

If you actually bothered to follow the discussion, i clearly said this rule would apply ONLY to companies that exist to own houses, not only i i said it once, but twice if not 3 times.

Now you just confirmed what i said but with an attitude.

If this is how well you read, i seriously doubt you "hear" any better, so safe to assume what you heard or did not hear is just as useless as your response, but do not let that stop you from misguiding others

12 hours ago, EricTh said:

Digital nomads aren't really tourist, that's called 'working online' and the real purpose should be conveyed to immigration .

Old discussion, if you move around only for a few months and get back to your home country, a tourist visa or any visa that permit your stay is sufficient. Several immigration officials been asked about this and they are not going to arrest DN's as long as they do not live here permanently. And I am not talking about a big group of them renting office space, but individuals on international contracts , paying their taxes at home. 
But we've had this discussion before. 

15 hours ago, baboon said:

Interesting too is the banks not refusing transfers into Thailand on the grounds that you send or receive money too often or the money may not have been honestly obtained. Why is the junta not taking measures to limit or reject transfers to one's spouse, say? 

Yeah, remember lots of stories about too many transfers, alleged money laundering or whatever.  Now they want transfers, even though they have no proof the money is from "legitimate" origins. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

Yeah, remember lots of stories about too many transfers, alleged money laundering or whatever.  Now they want transfers, even though they have no proof the money is from "legitimate" origins. 

An interesting take on what I actually wrote, which bears little relation to your response.

The Thai junta wants free movement of capital in their direction. They do not want the freedom of movement of humans which goes with the said capital.

They do, however, insist that Thai capital should not have any such restrictions. That Thai capital should be allowed to take any advantage it wants and the profits sent back and kept in Thailand.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sanemax said:

If men just come for sex, the sex is still there , but if men come to Thailand for a holiday and not just sex, then Thailand not such a pleasant place anymore and there are other more enjoyable Countries to go too 

I was referring more to semi-retired individuals or couples who have their grandchildren etc. over at some stage during their stay… after xmas and Songkran for example. 5-6 months in Thai and the remainder working in Europe or travelling in it/elsewhere. Lose a 'couple' and that could essentially mean a dozen or more. Not strange or unusual for such things happen as we can reflect on historical data from when other 'places' have has the army in charge. To a large extent it's the same with corporations running things... different outcome but the logic is the same.  

On 10/13/2019 at 1:09 PM, mduras01 said:

Times will keep changing. Thailand has the right to choose — just like Europe. Contrary to popular belief, they do not need every single person’s money. When the new requirements of retirement visas broke out, a minority of the 75,000 retirees in Thailand thought the country was going down the drain because of their threat to go elsewhere.  Seriously? All they are asking for is BE a proper tourist. Or BE a proper retiree. Just BE. No, really.

I know literally hundreds of people who want to come here on holiday but they have no other choice than to get a tourist visa. 

• Haha 2

On 10/13/2019 at 6:44 PM, BestB said:

should obtain elite visa

which only give a 5  year minimum and  that they can change their rules at any time, so you spend 500k then next week they announce compulsory insurance from their own over inflated  insurers ( of  course) and despite you maybe having your own or a lump sum contingency.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I would imagine very soon these airlines are going to get <deleted> off with the Thai immigration the amount on a daily basis they are rejecting,

One way around this would be dont fly long haul into Thailand maybe to Malaysia at least it's a short flight and spend your money there

Flying back from Manchester last Thursday & the (Qatar) Check-in staff were a lot more thorough in checking for Visas than I remember them being in the past, both I (entering on an extension to a Non-O > 50 Visa) & my mate (Works in Thailand & has a Non-B / BOI VIsa) were asked for proof that we were entitled to stay in Thailand [I actually had to point out my extension & how it was valid to Sept 2020, so I'm not sure if the check-in staff are used to checking for these things yet].

I'm used to it when returning to Singapore (always have my Employment Pass ready to show) & it's happened to me a couple of times when travelling to the Philippines (flying back from a different airport with a different carrier) but this is only the 2nd time I've been asked for it for Thailand (1st time was Scoot Airlines at Changi, I find the budget airlines there are a lot keener on checking these things that the premium ones) 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, EricTh said:

Whether immigration will create another visa category for 'working digital nomads' is another story.

Yes they have nothing better to do than sit around working out new and creative ways to allow foreigners to live in Thailand! But first let them finish the job of reducing them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, rabang said:

Elite visa might be useful for people who want to live in Thailand full time. I don't have any interest in that but I am able and willing to spend 4 to 6 months there during winters. METV would be ideal for that but if it's not respected because of an individual IO's feelings, what the **** am I supposed to do?

Immigration does not want us to spend 4-6 months in a row here on a tourist visa regularly. They do not need our money. We have to accept that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1