NHSC members who refuse to ban 3 controversial herbicides should leave the country – Deputy Agriculture Minister

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

NHSC members who refuse to ban 3 controversial herbicides should leave the country

Yeah, If you have a different opinion than me, thenyou can not stay in the country. The new effective government policy.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Deputy Agriculture Minister Mananya Thaiseth has warned the 27 members of the National Hazardous Substances Committee (NHSC) to heed the public’s demand for a complete ban on paraquat, glyphosate and chlorpyrifos, or leave Thailand.

Not unless your envelope is bigger than the one they get already maybe

• Like 2

7 hours ago, webfact said:

She said that she would send the same report to Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha on Thursday after returning from a visit to Brunei....

The dear PM wouldn't even budge reading, Miss... so sorry.

4 hours ago, canopy said:

There are a lot more weeds in the rainy season, but it's actually easier because the damp earth means weeds pull right out, roots and all. In the dry season there are a lot fewer but they get real tough to pull and break off. I have had workers pull weeds at my place for years and years. Never contemplated using any of these awful poisons. So I have a lot of experience for a case study. I have the workers dump all the weeds into a compost bin and the leafy greens make the most excellent potting soil. It is so satisfying to see, feel and smell this beautiful, rich jet black earth it makes. And having some old ladies from a poor village who have no chance of a job come out and make some money is very rewarding for them and for myself to see.

all  well and  good  but  they are  just  too  lazy  round here.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, canopy said:

You are right, workers are hard to get. It can take a lot to solve this especially for an expat to figure out: paying enough, broadening your search, knowing people, language, etc. My advice is don't be discouraged, try until you succeed.

For an area of that size or really of any size, a ground cover can be extremely valuable in many ways. I like perennial peanut. It never needs mowed or fertilized and can take foot traffic and stays nice and low. It can be watered in the dry season to be lush all year round or if not will go dormant in the dry season but snap right back instantly when the rains return. It has a good root structure which will help hold a hillside and prevent any erosion. The small yellow flower is attractive and an area with perennial peanut will attract a lot of different wildlife. Best of all, it makes a thick cover and that keeps most weeds out. The few weeds that pop up can be pulled quickly.

Preparation and planting is also a piece of cake. Find someone that has some and they will likely let you trim the tops off completely free as many as you need. Get a bundle of them and stick them directly in the ground at the beginning of the rainy season on 20cm centers. No need to kill the weeds before planting. Just keep it mowed after planting maybe once a month until the perennial peanut wins out which it slowly, surely will do until you have a nice, beautiful hillside that is easy to take care of and never needs a bit of poisoning ever again.

prp.png.8369017aa1f79551f96e095dc9541f3c.png

I will definitely give that a try.

3 hours ago, Jimbo in Thailand said:

Hmmm... where's the herbicide for pesky former illegal-coup leaders and unelected green-uniform members of parliament? Bet it would sell very well!!!  ????????????

That's the thing about weeds... You pull them out, but then later, they keep coming back and back and back again.... You may get the growing weed, but the seeds are in the ground, and keep on sprouting....perpetually here, it would seem.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

Her aims are admirable for these substances have been proven to cause harm. But the effectiveness of her message is lost with the drama queen statements..

I agree. They should be banned, but they must learn to agree to disagree without idiotic ideas.

6 hours ago, canopy said:

You are right, workers are hard to get. It can take a lot to solve this especially for an expat to figure out: paying enough, broadening your search, knowing people, language, etc. My advice is don't be discouraged, try until you succeed.

For an area of that size or really of any size, a ground cover can be extremely valuable in many ways. I like perennial peanut. It never needs mowed or fertilized and can take foot traffic and stays nice and low. It can be watered in the dry season to be lush all year round or if not will go dormant in the dry season but snap right back instantly when the rains return. It has a good root structure which will help hold a hillside and prevent any erosion. The small yellow flower is attractive and an area with perennial peanut will attract a lot of different wildlife. Best of all, it makes a thick cover and that keeps most weeds out. The few weeds that pop up can be pulled quickly.

Preparation and planting is also a piece of cake. Find someone that has some and they will likely let you trim the tops off completely free as many as you need. Get a bundle of them and stick them directly in the ground at the beginning of the rainy season on 20cm centers. No need to kill the weeds before planting. Just keep it mowed after planting maybe once a month until the perennial peanut wins out which it slowly, surely will do until you have a nice, beautiful hillside that is easy to take care of and never needs a bit of poisoning ever again.

prp.png.8369017aa1f79551f96e095dc9541f3c.png

Great information! Thank you very much.

10 hours ago, Jimbo in Thailand said:

Hmmm... where's the herbicide for pesky former illegal-coup leaders and unelected green-uniform members of parliament? Bet it would sell very well!!!  ????????????

But you will need lots of it and daily applications to shift that lot.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, ICELANDMAN said:

This Thai lady prove she have the balls

"Balls" but no brains.... what a childish thing to say...if you don't agree, with me, then you should leave the country.... oh, wait, some Thaivisa commenters say the same thing, damn, the disease is spreading.

• Like 1