Johnson will ask for Brexit delay after losing parliament vote -EU official

rooster59

11 minutes ago, david555 said:

yes that is the half of U.K.  choice …. try to convince them ….. good luck . more chance to find water on Mars 

The other half, some of whom do not even live in the UK will should be thanking us when they get more than 37B to the pound...  

And water has been found on Mars https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-44952710

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Basil B said:

The other half, some of whom do not even live in the UK will should be thanking us when they get more than 37B to the pound...  

Yes should … but seems it makes no difference for them to change mind …. again blockage total , no one wish to give in on your HOC. politic chess play .

If it was not because the Island of Ireland  I think already the E.U. would take his losses and pull out of negotiations ….. but that is inevitable anyway sooner or later , as then for us it stops … but for U.K. would just start big constitutional way I fear

7 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

OK but the outcome of a referendum can go on until the end of time. ????

And that is why the UK chose for parliamentary democracy, rather than direct democracy.

Intrinsically, direct democracy is superior, but unfortunately it is realistically speaking not possible.

It is impossible to vote over everything, and again and again, not even in the age of internet.

That 3 years ago there was a glimpse of direct democracy (the referendum) was only because Cameron hoped to save his job.

13 hours ago, Basil B said:

Well I see charges now of, "Contempt of Parliament" although he may have found loopholes in the hastily conceived Benn act, he knew of its intentions and the views of Parliament in bringing this law that he may have circumvented with in the law but he has clearly been disobedient of Parliament's wishes. 

Parliament The Commons has the power to charge him with and can suspend or expel him.

I'd like to see them try. That'd be such a blatant abuse of power by the remainers that it would really cause chaos in the streets.

Just do it, go on, just do it!

10 hours ago, Basil B said:

And water has been found on Mars https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-44952710

So it means that finding water on Mars is easier than solve Brexit.....???? good luck , count us out for that Gordian knot to unravel 

On 10/20/2019 at 7:41 AM, TopDeadSenter said:

Thanks to the better reporting from the Daily Mail we learn the above is a half truth at best. Johnson actually sent 3 letters. The 1st as alluded to above went unsigned and was only sent to placate the Benn act and its traitorous supporters. The other letters clarified the UK governments real position. They do not want any further dithers and delays and will crash out of the EU with no deal on the 31st October if the Johnson deal is not signed and implemented.

Wouldn't it be ironic if the anti democratic remainers ended up forcing the proper Brexit we voted on all those years ago. Amusing times indeed!

Be even more amusing if Johnson is arrested, charged, prosecuted and found guilty of breaking the law and contempt of court.

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'd like to see them try. That'd be such a blatant abuse of power by the remainers that it would really cause chaos in the streets.

The Law doesn't depend on your political views, nor your, mine or anyone else's views on Brexit.

Johnson has clearly treated the law with contempt, the courts with contempt and parliamentary sovereignty with contempt. That is disgraceful and totally unacceptable in a constitutional democracy.

There can never be a situation where the PM puts himself/herself above the Law, just because you or anyone else doesn't like the law or thinks the end justifies the means.

Johnson must be punishes for his silly schoolboy antics.

10 hours ago, oldhippy said:

And that is why the UK chose for parliamentary democracy, rather than direct democracy.

Intrinsically, direct democracy is superior, but unfortunately it is realistically speaking not possible.

It is impossible to vote over everything, and again and again, not even in the age of internet.

That 3 years ago there was a glimpse of direct democracy (the referendum) was only because Cameron hoped to save his job.

Read about "the tyranny of the majority". 

Just now, Baerboxer said:

Hmm. Have a think about why it was necessary to enact a Law to enable the Brexit 2016 referendum.

I can help you with that. Because in 2016 we had no idea what the terms of withdrawal would be or the consequences for the UK. In fact we were lied to on this.

Now we know exactly the terms of the withdrawal and the resultant consequences, it would be much more sensible to have a referendum.

It always made more sense for parliament to vote on and enact article 50, negotiate the terms of withdrawal and then put it to a referendum. The only way to rectify that grave error is to hold a referendum now, negotiated deal vs. remain.

2 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

The Law doesn't depend on your political views, nor your, mine or anyone else's views on Brexit.

Johnson has clearly treated the law with contempt, the courts with contempt and parliamentary sovereignty with contempt. That is disgraceful and totally unacceptable in a constitutional democracy.

There can never be a situation where the PM puts himself/herself above the Law, just because you or anyone else doesn't like the law or thinks the end justifies the means.

Johnson must be punishes for his silly schoolboy antics.

LoB Johnson = (the) Liar of Britain – should be punished by the members of the Parliament. For his plan to close the parliament until October, but stopped by the highest court. Before he disrespected the members, now he is kissing their arxsholes.

Even the EU members recognized already that you can trust your own dog, but not the LoB. The first ideas they have are: is he lying, betraying etc.? Last example: the letter to Brussels without his signature (he was forced to write). This insane political baby thinks it is above the law.

16 minutes ago, puck2 said:

LoB Johnson = (the) Liar of Britain – should be punished by the members of the Parliament. For his plan to close the parliament until October, but stopped by the highest court. Before he disrespected the members, now he is kissing their arxsholes.

Even the EU members recognized already that you can trust your own dog, but not the LoB. The first ideas they have are: is he lying, betraying etc.? Last example: the letter to Brussels without his signature (he was forced to write). This insane political baby thinks it is above the law.

You should be punished for writing such garbage......????

22 hours ago, Basil B said:

Well I see charges now of, "Contempt of Parliament" although he may have found loopholes in the hastily conceived Benn act, he knew of its intentions and the views of Parliament in bringing this law that he may have circumvented with in the law but he has clearly been disobedient of Parliament's wishes. 

Parliament The Commons has the power to charge him with and can suspend or expel him.

9 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm inclined to agree with this, but it would result in even less respect for politicians (hard to imagine, I know) rather than chaos or riots.

3 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

can help you with that. Because in 2016 we had no idea what the terms of withdrawal would be or the consequences for the UK.

No consequence?

Correct me if wrong but the leaflet appears to have gone with the worst scenario. I imagine anything more would have required visits to the Gypsy tent.

leave.jpg.c42a6a059f7210a55f0133e91c0270de.jpg

17 minutes ago, maxpower said:

I imagine anything more would have required visits to the Gypsy tent.

This was poo pooed as "Project fear" and  came nowhere close to outlining the withdrawal agreement.

As I said, referendum after negotiations not before would have negated that.

3 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

This was poo pooed as "Project fear" and  came nowhere close to outlining the withdrawal agreement.

As I said, referendum after negotiations not before would have negated that.

Fear or not, consequences were provided.

2 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Consequences would have been known and not dismissed as "project fear" in 60 million fake Facebook messages, if we had the referendum after the deal was struck, not before.

Oh I see, you mean we place our bets just as the wheel stops. Only those with no balls would request that feature. 

Please forgive my ignorance, I have only recently taken interest in this Brexit folly. Its fun reading.

3 minutes ago, maxpower said:

Oh I see, you mean we place our bets just as the wheel stops. Only those with no balls would request that feature. 

Please forgive my ignorance, I have only recently taken interest in this Brexit folly. Its fun reading.

It's not about having balls, it's about having a brain. An informed choice was needed for something so important, not a throw of the dice.

Personally, I wouldn't gamble on my childrens' future.

2 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

An informed choice was needed for something so important, not a throw of the dice.

You were very clearly informed before the Brexit vote. The choice was binary, you either voted to leave the EU or you voted to stay. It could not be any more simple. The whole concept of BRINO (Brexit in name only) only started being used when the losers in the referendum couldn't face reality. Nobody in the 2016 voted for BRINO, and I still find the BRINO concept totally ridiculous.

Just now, TopDeadSenter said:

You were very clearly informed before the Brexit vote. The choice was binary, you either voted to leave the EU or you voted to stay. It could not be any more simple. The whole concept of BRINO (Brexit in name only) only started being used when the losers in the referendum couldn't face reality. Nobody in the 2016 voted for BRINO, and I still find the BRINO concept totally ridiculous.

BRINO was a term coined by leavers, not remainers.

And no, we weren't informed of the terms of the withdrawal agreement before the referendum.

Archived