Arrange Marriage in Thailand

lelapin

Can anyone recommend an agent / company in Pattaya that could assist a UK citizen with the necessary arrangements needed to marry my partner of 15 years. I would appreciate it if all the would be amateur comedians on TV could retain their talents to posting on other topics and leave this one alone.

• Like 2

What exactly do you need?  The UK Embassy and you provide documentation for foreign party which results in a paper that you are free to marry.  Thai provides normal paperwork.  You both visit a District Office to register marriage.

Do you need help with reception/party?

Do you need help obtaining your paperwork (expect you are best qualified for that)?

Do you need help obtaining Thai paperwork?  A lawyer might be useful in that case (if a visit to District Office not enough).

Are you asking about the actual requirements?  Expect UK Embassy will have information available specific to UK.

Or do you mean same sex marriage (use of partner?)  Do not believe any Thai source would be qualified to advise if that is the case.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

What exactly do you need?  The UK Embassy and you provide documentation for foreign party which results in a paper that you are free to marry.  Thai provides normal paperwork.  You both visit a District Office to register marriage.

Do you need help with reception/party? NO

Do you need help obtaining your paperwork (expect you are best qualified for that)? I HAVE MY UK DIVORCE PAPERS BUT WOULD PREFER NOT HAVING TO GO TO EMBASSY IN BANGKOK HENCE LOOKING FOR AGENT WHO MIGHT HANDLE THAT

Do you need help obtaining Thai paperwork?  A lawyer might be useful in that case (if a visit to District Office not enough). OK

Are you asking about the actual requirements?  Expect UK Embassy will have information available specific to UK. THAT IS AGAIN WHERE A GOOD AGENT WOULD BE HELPFUL

Or do you mean same sex marriage (use of partner?)  Do not believe any Thai source would be qualified to advise if that is the case.NO

5 hours ago, Delight said:

4) For the next stage I used an agent. He was hanging around the outside of the embassy.

Next stage was translation into Thai and legalization by MFA.  Normally done in one-stop at a translation office but in this case an agent (probably of translation shop) provided the contact/service.

At District Office you may have to provide 2 witness (often can use others waiting) and they may require you have a Thai/English speaker other than spouse to translate for you (as you must sign Thai documents).

• Like 1