Pattaya trash: Sign goes up warning of 2,000 baht fine

rooster59

Just now, johng said:

"The first poster on the story suggested that the sign should have given the location of where items can be dumped legally. She suggested that people might not know."

Yes where are the official dumping sites ? Never mentioned in any of these reports..why well because there aren't any...nearest one in Rayong so no wonder no one knows where it is and no one can be bothered to drive all the way there and back...A city the size of Pattaya should have at least one official "recycling plant" where citizens can take there building waste,hazardous and recyclables to be "properly" disposed of.

Perhaps they should open up City Hall, the officials in there seem to be au fait with recycling hot air.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, johng said:

A city the size of Pattaya should have at least one official "recycling plant" where citizens can take there building waste,hazardous and recyclables to be "properly" disposed of.

There is an area to the north, Nong Pla Lai, where collected rubbish is taken to and then gets loaded onto bigger trucks to sneak off to the Rayong dump in the night. I expect people could take stuff there. But I suspect some wag will be dumping right next to these new signs soon. Empty threats don't worry anyone.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It'll be just like the no smoking in public places law that was brought in in February 3 2019 not one person has been charged by Nongprue Council because the lazy Tessakit, whose job it is, are too lazy to get off their collective fat <deleted> and do their job. As for the 2,000thb fine a mere pittance try AUD$ 1,000 = 20,000thb then you might get a response. 

The local rubbish men used to recycle our plastic and sell it now we get"posh " garbage men and women in nice uniforms they just put the recyclable stuff in with the trash ,so now the wife just puts it all in a plastic bag and leaves it by a dumpster so that some poor person can pick it up and sell it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

es, was thinking same, they had a pick-up truck, why not fill it up before leaving

Maybe they did, but people were used to drop their rubbish there, so they go on with it.

" We always do like that "

17 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Perhaps they should open up City Hall, the officials in there seem to be au fait with recycling hot air.

And, if you have ever been in it you'll know it is a dump already.  I've never seen such a horrible, disorganized, dumpy mess of a City Hall for a fairly large city.  

• Haha 1

To think of the countless $ millions they have made in the last couple of decades , that they would of allocated enough for a refuse tip or a recycling plant.

But nooooo. Don’t think of the future.

lets just skim as much as we can while we can 

we have mountains of trash with those signs in front of it. Every few months a tractor comes round and flattens it and the area gets fenced off, then the dump just moves down the road. If they love Thailand why do they <deleted> all over it?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

The local rubbish men used to recycle our plastic and sell it now we get"posh " garbage men and women in nice uniforms they just put the recyclable stuff in with the trash ,so now the wife just puts it all in a plastic bag and leaves it by a dumpster so that some poor person can pick it up and sell it.

Where do you live ? I'll send my Mrs around to collect it :stoner:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, jacko45k said:

But I suspect some wag will be dumping right next to these new signs soon.

They already have. Can't you see in the photo? Okay, it was probably already there, but the people who put up the poster would say it isn't their job to clear the rubbish, it's someone else's responsibility. And there you have the problem Lack of responsibility. That photo is so ironic I'm posting it on Facebook.

Anyway, perhaps we can have a follow-up story when someone, anyone, is actually fined 2000 baht. We all know that isn't going to happen, even if the Rubbish Police lurk in the bushes waiting to catch someone.

• Like 1