Massive tax hike coming for CO2-belching ‘big bikes’

webfact

4 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

you need to read some actual science

if anyone can drag him away from the sunday sport.....

(FWIW a brit tabloid renowned for BS, but believed by a certain demographic)

Edited by jastheace
clearer

4 minutes ago, Yadon Toploy said:

Triumph too. Now looking to relocate I believe, as are many others. The Thai Summit auto parts manufacturer closure is just the tip of a very large iceberg.

Over the weekend I was with a friend who has been charged with a feasibility study of building British designed motorbikes in Thailand, following the popularity of Triumph in Thailand and Royal Enfield in India.

My gf showed him this news and he refused to believe it, until last night the article was regurgitated in English. 

Needless to say he's gutted and looking elsewhere. 

At the risk of being called 'negative' - this is just another small bump on the rocky road to Thailand's economic collapse.

I guess that is very negative really - please someone tell me of all the positive economic policies that are being made by the Thailand Government/Junta that will definitely lead to economic prosperity and growth for LOS in the future.  Surely Harley et al moving to Vietnam? will be a good thing - right? 

• Like 1

But it's no problem that half Bangkok drives a SUV or Pickup with far to big or even racing engines...and the ancient buses are no problem, the ancient riverboats aren't....and burning plastic in the garden is also a great idea.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fasteddie said:

Ridiculous, Co2 is plant food and has never been the cause of warming, quite the opposite in fact.

Do some homework.

Although much less abundant than nitrogen and oxygen in Earth's atmosphere, carbon dioxide is an important constituent of our planet's air. A molecule of carbon dioxide (CO2) is made up of one carbon atom and two oxygen atoms. Carbon dioxide is an important greenhouse gas that helps to trap heat in our atmosphere.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenhouse_gas

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Chang_paarp said:

These are the bikes that "belch" toxic exhaust gasses from poor burning of their fuel, mainly due to lack of maintenance. They are getting away with their polluting , however big bikes which tend to be better maintained due to the "wealth" of their owners are usually far less polluting.

You've got it in one... but then common sense has never prevailed when making new tax laws.

This has nothing to do with pollution control.. it's just a revised revenue stream.

Edited by hotchilli

The global cooling, er, global warming, er, climate change scam is just another tool being used by greedy governments to separate money from its citizens. Said tax money will go into bureaucratic pockets and us proles will just have to pay up and shut up. I think it's time to start sharpening the guillotine blade.

Edited by bkkgriz
Auto correct
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, fasteddie said:

Ridiculous, Co2 is plant food and has never been the cause of warming, quite the opposite in fact.

I have a sale on tin foil hats.  Yes plants benefit from CO2 - unfortunately oceans dont do too well with high concentrations nor do humans.  Ecosystems have poor ability to adapt to such high rates of change.

4 hours ago, Chazar said:

Stupid is as  stupid  does, so how  many cars are over 1000cc as  well, honestly they are a total an utter bunch of (insert expletive of  choice) more Co2 BS for the masses to lap up

they really do make fools of themselves

uneducated idiots running this country trying to justify their existence with continuous nonsense - if only they realised how stupid they look, it's monty python level comedy that if intended would be a masterpiece 

• Like 2