Renewing 5 year drivers license in Pattaya-Proof of Residence

khaepmu

43 minutes ago, plfomylo said:

I renewed without residence certificate, but if you go to immigration you need the TM30 done.

Do you think that no one does the TM30 report? It's very simple at Jomtien Immigration and it takes 15min incl. waiting. I self reported my last TM30 without any problem what so ever. 

2 minutes ago, Tomahawk21 said:

cash cow

And that is why I uploaded the list immigration himself gave me , where can be seeing all the options for proving living place …., and one option was just your old drivers license or copy ….as address is on it !

They are just crossing bumping into their own rules 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, david555 said:

"He said he did it in May this year. The first time I heard that the TM30 was required for the Certificate of Residence was later.  "

I know I can read … but because your line about the timing ….even when the TM30 problem started I made my ret. ext. not with it...

Thai immigration is a lottery….expect coming days the non o-a results ….. or worse the non o simple , as first test cases about that insurance go appear and different offices /officers go follow the rule ...HOW 

Don't be paranoid. If you're using the >800k method, then you know you can't go below 400k. That number is the same as the minimum coverage of the health insurance for the O-A Visa. Do you think that's a coincident? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Don't be paranoid. If you're using the >800k method, then you know you can't go below 400k. That number is the same as the minimum coverage of the health insurance for the O-A Visa. Do you think that's a coincident? 

No....

only hoping they see it also like your line , and not also go asking extra that insurance (I have one who covers 12500€ each incident including repatriation option but it is a European Axa ) . The Thai age limit is the only point that would bothering me ,even not  keeping let say 800k the whole year for those of us in that age range 

Edited by david555

6 hours ago, HHTel said:

The Residence Certificate from immigration states the reason for it's issue and the LTO that it's intended for.

i.e. driving licence for car/motorbike.

Certificate from Jomtien immigration ?   doesn't state a reason or limit to specific "LTO"

19 minutes ago, johng said:

Certificate from Jomtien immigration ?   doesn't state a reason or limit to specific "LTO"

Such letters from Hua Hin immigration are addressed to either the LTO in Cha-Am or the LTO in Pranburi.

I realise that other IO's may do it differently.  TIT.

7 hours ago, HHTel said:

The Residence Certificate from immigration states the reason for it's issue and the LTO that it's intended for.

i.e. driving licence for car/motorbike.

There are only 2 reasons for the application on the form to choose from, drivers license or other. My last certificate didn't show the reason.

15 hours ago, david555 said:

No....

only hoping they see it also like your line , and not also go asking extra that insurance (I have one who covers 12500€ each incident including repatriation option but it is a European Axa ) . The Thai age limit is the only point that would bothering me ,even not  keeping let say 800k the whole year for those of us in that age range 

If you check the costs for a Thai insurance, not the new insurances created for the O-A Visa, then you will see that the coverage is much higher and the cost much lower. I have an insurance with Pacific Cross that covers 780000 baht, and it cost me 30000 baht/year. It also works like a travel insurance when I am 150km or more from home. Next year I'll get 10% off, and will pay 27000 baht for 2020. That's ok in my opinion.