Are Thais smarter than us?

Lacessit

15 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

If the  question  had been  more" inventive", more "progressive", "innovative", "creative" or any other similar it could perhaps invoke a better  debate in consideration.

My MIL upcountry has a hard wooden 2 person bed (without mattress) in the kitchen..next to it is a gasbottle with burner on top...she also has a real countertop with gasstoves but she doesn't like it. What she likes it to make a fire outside the kitchen, sit on a tiny wooden stool and cook on the fire directly.

My wife has a super european kitchen with dishwashing machine, but she never uses it. She likes to do it by hand...

We also have lazyboy sofa's...when thai friends come to visit they 'll sit on the floor....

Edited by Thian

7 hours ago, Thian said:

Almost all the large companies in thailand are run by Chinese....

And Isan kitchens are great? There are mosquito's, cockroaches, snakes and so on.....i'm very happy with our european kitchen.

The only  snakes  in our  Isaan kitchen are the  ones that get  caught outside and are big enough to eat. Mosquitos are a  tropical reality that due to  climate  change  are  coming  your  europe way soon.

Cockroaches  are a global prehistoric  reminder of the  fact that the  simpler existence  lasts longest.

So on's?

Ohhhhh! So you  had  yet another prepackaged  meal explode  in the  microwave.! 

1 minute ago, Thian said:

My MIL upcountry has a hard wooden 2 person bed (without mattress) in the kitchen..next to it is a gasbottle with burner on top...she also has a real countertop with gasstoves but she doesn't like it. What she likes it to make a fire outside the kitchen, sit on a tiny wooden stool and cook on the fire directly.

My wife has a super european kitchen with dishwashing machine, but she never uses it. She likes to do it by hand...

We also have lazyboy sofa's...when thai friends come to visit they 'll sit on the floor....

Ok. So where  do  you  sit, cook, eat, sleep?

10 hours ago, steven100 said:

Could not agree more on this one. They are number one when it comes to telling porkies to suit the situation.

There are plenty of blokes out there that need to hear the porkies so that they can feel like a hero throwing money at them that they can't afford to throw.

I always refer to my number one rule, only invest as much as I am prepared to lose, naturally I have to be able to enjoy what I have invested in, and if it goes south, then I have lost all of 10% at best.

Woman, not just Thai's are manipulators, they are thinkers, always looking at the end game, e.g. what's in it for me, while the male is being side blinded by what they want more than anything else, except it's available on every corner and bar for a fraction of the price.

Porked out ! 

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

But in  either case I would express my  personal opinion that in general terms Thai are as intelligent as  any other but  have historically  been denied  the opportunity of adequate education  to demonstrate it.

Exactly.

8 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Mosquitos are a  tropical reality that due to  climate  change  are  coming  your  europe way soon.

There are Mosquitos in Europe already. Nothing to do with the climate change/end of de wurld malarkey.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I would say I've learnt from Buddhism.

Christianity always taught me to do what was right and moral, no matter what, epic fail.

Buddhism has taught me to take the middle path, not care too much about anything or anyone, and it really works.

There were a couplie of attitudes that I took from the Thai when I went back to the West...

The first was to stop owning other people's problems.."It's up to you,me,she him or them" which works wonders,I find.

The second neatly dovetails with the first.."It's none of my,his,her's,their's or anybody elses business..

Brilliant stuff on a workaday level.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SenorJorge said:

Of course they are if you idiots keep going over there and spending money just to get and spread around STDS with

nasty whores and thots

That comment says more about you than the "whores". They are actually sex workers. Clients keep them in business, it is called supply and demand, same as selling any goods or services. No market, no sale.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Lacessit said:

The bog pipes are smaller because paper goes in a bin. Bigger pipes are not needed, unless you happen to be producing turds bigger than 2.5 inches. In diameter. I'll leave it there.

It's not the turds you need to worry about, its the 10 foot python that bites your ass!! ????

11 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Who are you nominating? Burma, Laos, Cambodia, Indonesia? Vietnam perhaps.

Being a first world country isn't all it's cracked up to be. Ask any Brit.

Thatll be the ones with  a half reasonable pension and healthcare service where you can have a  heart  lung kidneys etc ,  where you can say anything about royalty and even take the p out of them on tv "spitting image" and where many in the world DIE to get into, just ask the Vietnamese. Realistically of  course they are no smarter than any other race but they are lazier  and have a <deleted> education system and social system which sets them right back to the  bottom but then you knew that when you wanted to stir  up nonsense in this thread.

Edited by Chazar
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Don't know about that, they certainly have the rest of the world interested in their women.

What has beautiful women got to do with intelligence or being smarter? If the word intelligent was used instead

of smarter, would this topic not have taken a different course?

If you talk about intelligence, the Thais must be near the bottom of the pile, look at the education system, the people who run the country, the policing system etc, etc.

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

What has beautiful women got to do with intelligence or being smarter? If the word intelligent was used instead

of smarter, would this topic not have taken a different course?

If you talk about intelligence, the Thais must be near the bottom of the pile, look at the education system, the people who run the country, the policing system etc, etc.

Education is more about gaining knowledge

Intelligence allows one to absorb information more readily and understand complex matters in some circumstances, but intelligence does not develop through education. 

People can be intelligent but not well educated due to many reasons, including lack of opportunity.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Woman, not just Thai's are manipulators, they are thinkers, always looking at the end game, e.g. what's in it for me, while the male is being side blinded by what they want more than anything else, except it's available on every corner and bar for a fraction of the price.

In this scenario, it sounds like the male, or 'your friend' we can call him, is the idiot.  No master intelligence being shown by the 3rd grade educated bargirl playing Jenga.  Likely all she has to say is 'up to you'.  ????

28 minutes ago, RoadWarrior371 said:

'your friend' we can call him

Lol, I prefer not, friends of mine are above this type of male, e.g. streetwise, know the female like the back of their hand, and when to cut it off like a cancer if they had too ????.

On 10/29/2019 at 3:32 AM, Lacessit said:

1/ Thais avoided colonisation. The Dutch had Indonesia, the French had Indochina, the British had Burma and India. Even Portugal got in on the act with part of Timor. And the Japanese in Thailand built things for the Thais, like an oil field and railways.

2/ We may bitch about Thai laws concerning property. The fact remains Thais are very good at ensuring their lands don’t get into foreign hands, and maintaining majority control.

3/ Thais are smart at getting someone else to do the work. The Cambodians and Burmese do the grunt work, the Chinese do the major projects. Thais supervise.

4/ Thais have next to no social welfare. No dole or gyros. A very modest age pension. That’s a major cost saving, and it encourages everyone to find work, or starve. There is also the escape hatch of becoming a Buddhist monk or nun.

5/ Thais are master manipulators. How else could a semi-literate girl from Issan persuade a much older foreign male to shell out their life savings on a dream house and car, when they can barely communicate?

6/ Food. The chili in food here serves a useful purpose. It’s an effective bactericide. The Thai diet is better balanced. Big on cereal and vegetables, small on protein. Thais can even collect free food from roadside verges, or in the forests. Bamboo is an excellent source of fibre and minerals, without calories.

7/ Toilet paper. We have serviettes, tissues, paper towels and handkerchiefs. Thais use toilet paper as a catch-all for all these functions.

8/ Kitchens. Most Thai kitchens in Thai villages are external. No stinking up an enclosed room with cooking smells.

9/ Scooter lanes. Travel on the side in Australia in the emergency lane, and you will cop a heavy fine. Here, it’s a method of travelling safely while the faster traffic roars past.

10/ The bum washer. Westerners spend unnecessary time clogging up sewage treatment systems, giving themselves hemorrhoids, and achieving a lower standard of personal hygiene than most Thais.

Just for fun ????

1. We already colonized the good parts, thank you very much. Nana is an example.

2. Yes, I totally agree. I appreciate that Thailand isn't selling itself, like the West. I honestly appreciate the immigration policy here. You should see the state of western countries now, letting in almost anyone and giving them a house and cash. It's a mess.

3. What do you think your wife's "drunk cousin" in the village is for? He knows his way around a brush-cutter. I think we got this one covered! He also knows how to break the blade every time, lol.

4. Totally agree. Social security is destroying the West. Take a bunch of drug addicts and various other hopeless souls (and now immigrants) and stick them all on one area, give them a house and money. Sounds good, right? The result: a degenerating area full of knackers who have no reason to do anything except consume intoxicants and participate in recreational violence. In Thailand, if you do nothing with your life, you die. It is great motivation to become a productive member of society. Like it. Notice how there are not very many notorious "no-go" areas here, maybe none at all. Khlong Toei slum, perhaps after dark. Can't think of any other. In the West, jeezuz, ghetto after ghetto, tough housing estate after tough housing estate. You wouldn't even want to go in daytime.

5. Tits and ass. They all have 'em. They all know how to use 'em to get what they want. It ain't just Thai women buddy.

6. Blaa Raa.

7. Yes, I think it was decided like this,

"Whaa, dey use dis on dey ass, laaw?"

"Chai"

"Don dey no abou bum gun?"

"Mai"

"Okey, we well use dis fo everyting, na"

8. Yeah, flies, eggs, flukes, liver, death.

9. Scooter lanes, lol, love it! How about tail-gating me, literally 6 inches from my back bumper at 100km an hour, with 3 unhelmeted kids onboard while trying to do a superman. Hmm, not today. Of course, the adult has his/her helmet on, which always amazes me.

10. Yep, gotta agree. love it.

19 hours ago, Lacessit said:

It's a bit sad to see your university education hasn't helped you, Yinn. I don't blame you, I blame the system.

It not the system. Is because I not have a brain. Is a big problem.

19 hours ago, possum1931 said:

The Thais are not as smart as some people would think.

They have everything going for them and just don't have the brains to organise it all.

1 hour ago, FruitPudding said:

Just for fun ????

1. We already colonized the good parts, thank you very much. Nana is an example.

2. Yes, I totally agree. I appreciate that Thailand isn't selling itself, like the West. I honestly appreciate the immigration policy here. You should see the state of western countries now, letting in almost anyone and giving them a house and cash. It's a mess.

3. What do you think your wife's "drunk cousin" in the village is for? He knows his way around a brush-cutter. I think we got this one covered! He also knows how to break the blade every time, lol.

4. Totally agree. Social security is destroying the West. Take a bunch of drug addicts and various other hopeless souls (and now immigrants) and stick them all on one area, give them a house and money. Sounds good, right? The result: a degenerating area full of knackers who have no reason to do anything except consume intoxicants and participate in recreational violence. In Thailand, if you do nothing with your life, you die. It is great motivation to become a productive member of society. Like it. Notice how there are not very many notorious "no-go" areas here, maybe none at all. Khlong Toei slum, perhaps after dark. Can't think of any other. In the West, jeezuz, ghetto after ghetto, tough housing estate after tough housing estate. You wouldn't even want to go in daytime.

5. Tits and ass. They all have 'em. They all know how to use 'em to get what they want. It ain't just Thai women buddy.

6. Blaa Raa.

7. Yes, I think it was decided like this,

"Whaa, dey use dis on dey ass, laaw?"

"Chai"

"Don dey no abou bum gun?"

"Mai"

"Okey, we well use dis fo everyting, na"

8. Yeah, flies, eggs, flukes, liver, death.

9. Scooter lanes, lol, love it! How about tail-gating me, literally 6 inches from my back bumper at 100km an hour, with 3 unhelmeted kids onboard while trying to do a superman. Hmm, not today. Of course, the adult has his/her helmet on, which always amazes me.

10. Yep, gotta agree. love it.

Good post, thanks. My only point of difference is 5/ . IMHO Thai women use them better than anyone else, although I'll admit to no experience with a Latino or Russian.

8 hours ago, Chazar said:

Thatll be the ones with  a half reasonable pension and healthcare service where you can have a  heart  lung kidneys etc ,  where you can say anything about royalty and even take the p out of them on tv "spitting image" and where many in the world DIE to get into, just ask the Vietnamese. Realistically of  course they are no smarter than any other race but they are lazier  and have a <deleted> education system and social system which sets them right back to the  bottom but then you knew that when you wanted to stir  up nonsense in this thread.

The purpose of my OP was to put an alternate view to the perennial Thai-bashing. I knew it would attract some posters who have sucked on too many lemons, figuratively and actually. My expectations have been met.

Edited by Lacessit

On 10/29/2019 at 3:39 AM, Lacessit said:

This is a typical Thai outdoor kitchen. Easy to work in, no need for aircon. My Thai GF cooks in it for me and her family.

There's a fair few houses and restaurants that burn down due to accumulated cooking oils in the exhaust ducting. Not going to happen here.

IMG20191029182429.jpg

You call that a kitchen? Nothing more than a gas operated hot plate.