103FM. Where are you?

champers

103 FM is still broadcasting  loud and clear   here in Na-Jomtien  using FM radio  on mobile phone.

Maybe you had some damage from the lightning last night    which was quite spectacular  horizontal lighning like this.

(not my photo but it was like this)

26597024-26597024.jpg.7823b450b9d0ee363aafd207a0870439.jpg

Is Barry back? I also could not find 103 FM last weekend when I got into the truck and in panic and horror was trying to eliminate the caterwauling left in the CD player. 

Edited by jacko45k

29 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

For me on the Darkside, 103FM loud and clear, haven't been able to recieve 96FM for a long time.

Apparently 96 FM was having an interference issue which has been reported as resolved. Also claiming to have some new transmitting equipment so perhaps give it a try. I am 12km North of town and neither could be found for me on Sunday. 

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Apparently 96 FM was having an interference issue which has been reported as resolved

Where was it reported ?..

in  "other" countries there are web sites that give details of TV and Radio transmitter faults and maintenance issues..

does Thailand have such site ?

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Apparently 96 FM was having an interference issue which has been reported as resolved. Also claiming to have some new transmitting equipment so perhaps give it a try. I am 12km North of town and neither could be found for me on Sunday. 

I remember the interference issue. A Thai pirate station operating on a band very close to 96. That was resolved but, since then, 96FM's transmitter power seems vastly reduced. Can only pick it up in Central Pattaya now.

4 hours ago, johng said:

Where was it reported ?..

in  "other" countries there are web sites that give details of TV and Radio transmitter faults and maintenance issues..

does Thailand have such site ?

By the MD at Pattaya Expats Club.

No idea on the details but somehow doubt it.

4 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

I remember the interference issue. A Thai pirate station operating on a band very close to 96. That was resolved but, since then, 96FM's transmitter power seems vastly reduced. Can only pick it up in Central Pattaya now.

Well it was reported as relocated for better coverage, but I cannot argue you may be correct. I couldn't get it North of town in the truck and not clear in the house.

Remember after the last coup   they ( the men in green ) shut down every "independent" radio station  for quite a while..then if a station wanted to  broadcast again they had to go through a much stricter licencing procedure and only use "approved"  equipment.

I thought all the ( approved obviously no pirate)  radio and TV stations for Pattaya area are supposed to be transmitted from the Navy  radio station on Thapraya Hill ?

1151562794_Pattayatransmiter.jpg.bcd3f993c6b25f0377c692cc58d77b0f.jpg

In this digital age, why don't you just listen on a radio app on your phone?  If you have a local sim card with internet , just download a radio player and search for Pattaya 103.  

I connect my Bluetooth speakers to the smart phone and can listen to any station without interference.