Labour leader Corbyn says condition for early election support has been met

snoop1130

Labour leader Corbyn says condition for early election support has been met

45513.JPG

Britain's opposition Labour Party Leader Jeremy Corbyn is seen at the House of Commons in London, Britain October 22, 2019. ©UK Parliament/Jessica Taylor/Handout via REUTERS ATTENTION EDITORS - THIS IMAGE WAS PROVIDED BY A THIRD PARTY

LONDON (Reuters) - British opposition Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn told his top team of policy advisers on Tuesday the party’s condition for supporting a new election had been met and “we will now launch the most ambitious and radical” election campaign.

“I have consistently said that we are ready for an election and our support is subject to a no deal Brexit being off the table,” he told his so-called shadow cabinet, according to his office.

“We have now heard from the EU that the extension of Article 50 to 31st January has been confirmed, so for the next three months, our condition of taking no deal off the table has now been met. We will now launch the most ambitious and radical campaign for real change our country has ever seen.”

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2019-10-29
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Game on.

Now we can put this zombie parliament behind us and take Britain forward  -  in whichever direction that is, and under whichever government it is.

what makes you think that the GE will alter the composition of the HoC significantly?

I'd guess the next will be rather like the current

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

what makes you think that the GE will alter the composition of the HoC significantly?

I'd guess the next will be rather like the current

It will be a different composition for sure. 

You are aware that the Brexit party might pick up a few seats.

Will you be voting Melvin.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Heidi Allen has just thrown in the towel.

More will follow ????

I assume that you know why she made that decision?

What do you exactly mean with "More will follow ????"? Are you advocating the abuse that led to her "throwing in the towel"?

• Haha 2

source: https://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2019-10-29/heidi-allen-mp-will-not-seek-re-election-after-nastiness-and-intimidation/

In a letter to her constituents she said: "I am exhausted by the invasion into my privacy and the nastiness and intimidation that has become commonplace."

She added that she had installed panic alarms in her house after "threats, aggressive emails, being shouted at in the street, sworn at on social media".

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, AussieBob18 said:

Well done Boris.  Took his drop dead date off the table to force an election to let the People decide.  Corbyn clearly thought Boris would never do that and he sure looks like he doesnt want to go to the Polls, but give him his due, he has stood by his word.  

The single issue election that UK had to have - Brexit or No Brexit.  Choose the lying two faced Pollie you think will best deliver on their promise the outcome you want. 

Will Boris and Nigel form an alliance and deliver Brexit? 

Or will Jeremy, Nicola and Jo form an alliance and deliver a No Brexit?

It is gonna be very close I think.

If that is the only issue, as you claim, it should not be a GE.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Indeed. But notice how he tries to use weasely words to pretend his red-line condition has been met! That's how he would be in power - <deleted> and twisted lies and crackdowns on descent. Straight out his Stalinist play book!

No, but straight out of a politician with his back against the wall playbook.

Your stalinist reference is only there to make him look bad, and there is no need for that, he is doing it all by himself already.

2 hours ago, vogie said:

I too have had a panic alarm system fitted that activates should Heidi Allen walk in my house, also works if Jo Swinson and Ian Blackford should attempt entry.

A lame attempt to ridicule something serious here. An MP can't do his/her job due to harassment, that is a major issue.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

They can't do their job, because they arrogantly thought they knew better than their constituents. That is a major issue. But fear not, these arrogant politicians will be turfed out in the election, or as we are seeing are quitting now and making silly excuses to stop losing face. 

Yes, don't like them, vote them out.

But again, also you are ignoring the issue, ' An MP can't do his/her job due to harassment, '.

• Like 1