"We've only just begun" - Big Oud's get tough message for law breaking foreigners

webfact

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

Wow, they look like gang members... who are <deleted> off because their lunch was delayed a few minutes because of the news interview.

I had some other bad guys from the past in mind.

Stupid hateful hats.

To show that he means what he says 15 people who had overstayed their welcome in Thailand were paraded for the cameras - they comprised 8 Somalis, three Syrians and 4 Chinese.

Somalia and Syria ( both war torn countries with high poverty rate )

those captured are probably war criminals who have been in hiding now caught deported and possibly never to be seen again ! 

It does seem a bit comical..i used to enjoy the bowery boys growing up in usa..they just don,t get it that we expats spend alot of money here and they treat us as enemies of the state. I will start looking at other counrties that WANT me and don,t treat me like an alien

Been here in and off for 8 years with thai wife...

Portugal i hear likes guys like us and our money!

Again the focus is on "Foreigners" and NOT Thai Nationals! Who clearly are all "Angels".

Thailand has already dug itself a big hole that it may never get out from for Thai nationals and all other countries by making the "Thai Baht" strong against foreign currencies including USD, GBD etc.

This can only lead to an adverse effect on Thailands economy/exports/farming etc, no matter what fake news is being reported by Government officials!

Just increase mandatory reporting to 2 weeks from 90 days and increase minimum required deposits for visa, and just keep the baht as strong as possible...that will flush out most all expats even faster than the current rate.

10 hours ago, colinneil said:

Big Oud is a BIGGER joke than the Joke, surely he is not serious making crazy comments like that.

Who is damaging tourism here?

Your lot and the crazy messed up misfits calling themselves a government.

What happened to joke

43 minutes ago, kevinmartyn said:

Again the focus is on "Foreigners" and NOT Thai Nationals! Who clearly are all "Angels".

Thailand has already dug itself a big hole that it may never get out from for Thai nationals and all other countries by making the "Thai Baht" strong against foreign currencies including USD, GBD etc.

This can only lead to an adverse effect on Thailands economy/exports/farming etc, no matter what fake news is being reported by Government officials!

Big Oud said he would be going after both Thais and foreigners breaking the law. 

Outlined in the main article - they're going after lawbreakers in general, both Thai and Westerners, although being an Immigration Position I would expect that the role is to specifically deal with illegal foreigners and when their illegal activity overlaps with Thai's the RTP are brought in. 

The issues I have with any of this is having to deal with the 'byproduct' of illegal foreigners in Thailand... i.e. Poor media coverage and the resultant shift in attitudes towards foreigners (if there is any) In reality though, only the major issues reach the Thai media so we continue to coexist and viewed with general indifference.

The other issue is the 'shrapnel' (as one poster already put it), innocent foreigners being inconvenienced and getting caught up in the 'dragnet' to catch the illegals. 

Those who fall within the immigration and legal guidelines have nothing to worry about, but for an occasional inconvenience if stopped and asked for ID etc... which so far has not happened to me for over 5 years. 

Was big joke lying when he said there were no more overstayers left in Thailand?

He had access to the databases so he would be able to print the names of every person who hasn't left the country at the point of their entry stamp expiring.

The only thing I truely see happening here is immigration using the media to inflame very negative feelings against all foreigners in the eyes of Thai people period. Unfortunately there are people in Thailand that are criminals, both foreigners and Thais. However, I don't see much of a media spectacle being made when the laws are being broken by Thai people. This continuous badgering of foreigners is undignified and disrespectful in the eyes of the rest of the world and is far more damaging to tourism than a few criminals. It's also very unprofessional for any law enforcement agency to use a racist remarks against people in custody as we heard recently with the Korean gentleman. Good honest and decent people don't want to come to a country and spend their hard earned money where there is such a lack of respect for others. The tourist numbers are dropping and the expats are leaving because other SE Asian are more desirable and welcoming.

Understandably they need to weed out the foreigners that broke 

the rules/law.

But Please Please don’t make others that I abiding by the rules/laws pay for their wrongdoings. Many of the long stay 

Foreigners are supprting Thai families and all are supporting

the economy 

Overstating farangs damage the reputation of Thailand? So the bad farangs are the true reason why Thailand has less and less tourism. Again foreigners get blamed for the <deleted> they do.

Big daddy if you want to repair Thailand's reputation, stop non sense shows on media and take real action. Make sure elections happen and this military government disappears forever. Why? Because no tourist is happy to spend his holidays in a country that has been taken over by the military, no company wants to do business in such a high risk environment. This is what damages Thailand's reputation!!!

And you might find some time between your media shows to actually fight corruption also in your own place.

3 hours ago, Angry Dragon said:

No, but you didn't answer the question I posed to the other poster.  Which currency is he claiming the THB is strong against?  There has to be another currency on the other side of the equation.

Let's just look at the THB against the USD and GPB.  The Thai economy is still growing faster than these two, Thailand has a current account surplus (a big factor), unemployment in Thailand is still much lower than these two, the government deficit is similar to these two.  In short, the fundamentals support the idea of a "strong" baht against these two currencies, even though retirees here are crossing their fingers for a major drop so they get more for their monthly pensions.  You dig, trig?

The currency which is strongest is the country which the Thai elite are moving all their money to, such as Euro, GBP, and when they are ready to plunge the country into recession and do a self imposed collapse of the Thai baht, they will be bringing it all back in again.  So yes, the retirees waiting for the major drop will have their time.

Oops, did I just suggest there is some sort of currency manipulation going on ? Of course never, no way !

Back on topic, good guys in bad guys out !

To tell you the truth, I do not care what these clowns in their fancy pants say, they are full of hot air and BS. Stupid Thai children is what they are and they need to be spanked. Wake up Thailand, the clowns gave you 500 baht to vote these idiots into Government and now they are costing you that much every day.

I sometimes ask the village folk about their views on the state of the nation, nobody has a clue, only who has died or if the rice crop is any good. They do not look at news feeds, only slap stick soap opera.

If you want a simple life, this is the place for it. A nation of simpletons. 

Bless their little brown hides.    

6 hours ago, bangkokequity said:

This may surprise you ... but people with high net worth (spend plenty of money while in Thailand ... not bus riding Cheap Charlies) actually LIKE safe countries.  I have traveled the world, and one time got ripped off ... by who?  FOREIGNERS ... not the locals!  Look at the postings ... foreigners who have been here for decades with ZERO drama ... Think about it!  Could YOU be the problem????

if you use public transportation, does this make you a "cheap charlie" or a responsible human being?

6 hours ago, bangkokequity said:

Wow ... seemed to have touched a nerve there ... and you have completely missed the point .... lots of tourists LIKE safe places to visit.  Have to say, you are very easy to trigger!  555!  BTW ... I live in BKK and think the sky-train system is AWESOME.

i am from L.A. and i feel much safer here walking at night.  however i will not drive a car or motor scooter.  that is one thing that is safer in Los Angeles.

10 hours ago, MartinL said:

Do the police uniform regulations state that the hat must be two sizes too small for the wearer's head?

I think it is a member of the club thing.

Much like wrapping the feet of women in China, to make them small.

The smaller the brain, the higher a chance of promotion goes up.

To show that he means what he says 15 people who had overstayed their welcome in Thailand were paraded for the cameras - they comprised 8 Somalis, three Syrians and 4 Chinese. 

No details were given by Naew Na about when and where they were picked up. 

Naew Na's story said all this was under the direct orders of PM Prayut Chan-ocha, DPM Suwit Wongsuwan, RTP chief Chakthip Chaijinda and his deputy.

There's really no better way to say: " Welcome to Thailand, tourists.

He spreads so much hate towards foreigners that's already scary. 

And mentioning Pinocchio and the watch fetishist is not just the tip of the iceberg. 

Archived