"We've only just begun" - Big Oud's get tough message for law breaking foreigners

webfact

Incredible. This place is becoming more and more xenophobic and nationalistic, and I am sure we know who to blame for that. The changes have become pretty obvious over recent years. 

I am sure Thailand's image is being tarnished pretty well by their own with an almost endless list of misdemeanors.  

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Maybe he should start with the corrupt Thai visa agents who get "back door" extensions for expats who don't have enough funds.

They could start with thaivisa.com who advertise dodgy companies advertising visa extensions with any funds ????

4 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

damaging the image of Thailand and adversely affecting tourism. 

Who's doing that job very well?

How is the current government compared to all other governments actually hurting the average 7 day tourists?

4 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:
5 hours ago, webfact said:

Big Oud said he would be going after both Thais and foreigners breaking the law. 

Maybe he should start with the corrupt Thai visa agents who get "back door" extensions for expats who don't have enough funds.

And behind every corrupt visa agent is an equally corrupt IO, required to complete the illegal paperwork.

1 hour ago, Angry Dragon said:

overvalued against what currency?

The Thai Baht is "strong" ... which means its exports are "more expensive" so demand for them falls ... its real estate is "more expensive" for foreigner investors (about 20% change over the past few years!)... and the exchange rate give tourists less spending power ... again "more expensive."  Do I really need to explain this to an "expert" like you?  

4 hours ago, Power of life yoga said:

people might've overstayed but still they're spending money in YOUR country ????

You may be right, but even if they are spending money here they are still breaking the law. Thailand has the right and duty to deal with them as law breakers, like most other countries do.

1 hour ago, Angry Dragon said:

not sure what you're on about.  I've been here over 15 years and don't feel like i've been unduly messed with.  The country was kind enough to give me PR, a fairly easy process.

Thanks for your positive reaction. All I can say is Join The Club, I have been here for nearly 20 years and I feel like you!

11 minutes ago, abrahamzvi said:

Thanks for your positive reaction. All I can say is Join The Club, I have been here for nearly 20 years and I feel like you!

Add me to that club ... no drama from any of the Powers That Be ... but then again ... I have never given them any reason!  My feeling is, if you don't understand why this is called The Land of Smiles ... that is on YOU ... you just are not doing it right!  ????

Just remember, if they take your house and money and everything......well, there's really nothing you can do.  So, would you life be ruined if they take your house and money in a Thai bank?  if yes, you better make some changes.  

you only have control in your home country.  well, maybe some don't....but more than here.  

5 hours ago, keith101 said:

Its your overvalued baht that affecting tourism much more than the odd law breaking foreigner .

Of course there are very much more Thai lawbreakers, but xenophobic is good.

Please continue bothering foreigners, very good for tourism.

7 minutes ago, hansnl said:

This may surprise you ... but people with high net worth (spend plenty of money while in Thailand ... not bus riding Cheap Charlies) actually LIKE safe countries.  I have traveled the world, and one time got ripped off ... by who?  FOREIGNERS ... not the locals!  Look at the postings ... foreigners who have been here for decades with ZERO drama ... Think about it!  Could YOU be the problem????

Obviously this policy didn't apply to the Norwegian who confessed to murdering the British tourist in his Phuket hotel room in front of his wife and young kid. Given bail and miraculously manages to leave the country with the police supposedly holding his passport.

4 hours ago, Oztruckie said:

I reckon their doing a darn good job of destroying their tourist industry themselves without blaming a few falangs,the clown the other day stating the national airline is nearly about to go under,who in their right mind is going to book tickets with them now,the high baht,ripoff taxis.

Yes, and the idiot saying that Hatyai Airport and Chiang Rai airport were scheduled for closure.

And of course I won't say who at the present time is 'ruining Thailand's image' and making it a complete incredulous laughing stock around the entire world more than anyone else ...

5 hours ago, kevin612 said:

Big joke was doing this for a long period. Eventually somebody took over his spot, Right, big oud?

Ah, but Big Jok also targeted Visa Agents, and had signs up in all offices stating bribes must not be paid or accepted.

See the difference?

Focus is now on foreign criminals, overstayers, illegal entrants etc.

The article said 8 Somalis and 3 Syrians on overstay. I can’t imagine any legitimate tourist coming from Somalia or Syria but maybe I’m wrong. Romance scammers, drug dealers, and chronic overstayers seems to be all that comes here from these African countries.

I know Nigeria is one of the biggest  buyers of Thai rice exports so I think that plays a part in them not cracking down hard on them. Possible financial repercussions. A few years back I couldn’t walk down sukhumvit without being offered drugs every step of the way but they did clean that up.

12 minutes ago, bangkokequity said:
23 minutes ago, hansnl said:

This may surprise you ... but people with high net worth (spend plenty of money while in Thailand ... not bus riding Cheap Charlies) actually LIKE safe countries.  I have traveled the world, and one time got ripped off ... by who?  FOREIGNERS ... not the locals!  Look at the postings ... foreigners who have been here for decades with ZERO drama ... Think about it!  Could YOU be the problem????

are you using the fact that you were never ripped off by locals while traveling the world but once(one time)e by foreigners to argue that thailand does not have more domestic criminals than foreign criminals? just the sample size alone (one time) could not be any more statistically insignificant.

i was kidnapped by a taxi in ho chi min city taken to a desolate place and robbed one time, thus if i say the foreigners in vietnam are not criminals would that be accurate? as accurate and as valid as your claims and conclusions.

i have been ripped off multiple times by thais as well as some locals in other countries.

then condemning non thais that use public transportation. one could rent a mercedes benz and driver in bangkok only to waste a lot of time sitting in traffic thus accomplishing much less in a given time frame while riding the bts or mrt is fast, efficient and airconditioned. might surprise you that numerous high powered lawyers and other professionals routinely ride the old crappy subway in new york city every day. might surprise you that ingvar kamprad, ikea founder and one of richest men in the world routinely shopped in second hand stores.

baht buses are very convenient and grab does not usualy have mercedes benz available.

the only problem i see from your comments is you reason and logic deficit.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

They quoted Sompong as saying that today was just the start - his policy of ridding Thailand of thieves, pickpockets, those who have entered illegally, over stayers, various other criminals and those on international warrants would continue on and on.

off course thai people would not dare to do such things

2 minutes ago, atyclb said:

are you using the fact that you were never ripped off by locals while traveling the world but once(one time)e by foreigners to argue that thailand does not have more domestic criminals than foreign criminals? just the sample size alone (one time) could not be any more statistically insignificant.

i was kidnapped by a taxi in ho chi min city taken to a desolate place and robbed one time, thus if i say the foreigners in vietnam are not criminals would that be accurate? as accurate and as valid as your claims and conclusions.

i have been ripped off multiple times by thais as well as some locals in other countries.

then condemning non thais that use public transportation. one could rent a mercedes benz and driver in bangkok only to waste a lot of time sitting in traffic thus accomplishing much less in a given time frame while riding the bts or mrt is fast, efficient and airconditioned. might surprise you that numerous high powered lawyers and other professionals routinely ride the old crappy subway in new york city every day. might surprise you that ingvar kamprad, ikea founder and one of richest men in the world routinely shopped in second hand stores.

baht buses are very convenient and grab does not usualy have mercedes benz available.

the only problem i see from your comments is you reason and logic deficit.

Wow ... seemed to have touched a nerve there ... and you have completely missed the point .... lots of tourists LIKE safe places to visit.  Have to say, you are very easy to trigger!  555!  BTW ... I live in BKK and think the sky-train system is AWESOME.

Archived