"We've only just begun" - Big Oud's get tough message for law breaking foreigners

webfact

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

He's at an inactive post in Pinocchio's office. Who knows he might be at home with full salary. 

joke was removed from immigration police head quarters and now is located in the same building as where ocha the current prime minister of thailand works from 

23 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

I hope that you just had a bad day and drank a few beers too much. His English is as good as those of many Thai teachers who teach this language here.

Do you know where all these letters will end up? In the trash bin. If you don't believe me and you think that they told you the truth, you still have to learn a lot about this country. 

Have you not yet realized that they give a flying donut what we think?

No offense intended, you meant it good, but they don't care about you and me. 

"But they don't care about you and me.."

Indeed,they do not.

It is good to be away from the whole shenanigans

13 hours ago, webfact said:

previous reports that 45,000 people had already been caught on overstay and hundreds of illegals on warrants arrested, notes Thaivisa. 

I'm finally starting to understand why so many TVF users roll their eyes at numbers and stats quoted in PR articles about the govt. Every article has a very different number for the same stat, so why not just say "at least x.." or "a very/extremely large number of..".

3 minutes ago, BuckBee said:

Oh my the pope better be careful on his visit assuming he not deported at swampy for suspicions of working and no proof of financial support .

In the meantime thai crime and graft carries on unseen unheard and unspoken  ...

It's really great to be out of the tinpot Shangri -La and be able to say "Bend over Big Ouiji and get my fore digit exactl;y where it hurts."

1 minute ago, BuckBee said:

Oh my the pope better be careful on his visit assuming he not deported at swampy for suspicions of working and no proof of financial support .

In the meantime thai crime and graft carries on unseen unheard and unspoken  ...

What do you expect Big Oud to do about 'Thai crime and graft' exactly?... He's head of Immigration, a division of the Police dealing specifically with foreigners. 

Added to which, in the article he is quoted as saying that both Foreigners and Thai's breaking the law will be targeted.

Now, are we [foreigners] so stupid that we all jump up in mass hysteria whenever someone who's job it is to police the presence of foreigners in Thailand announces that they are going to do just that?... How stupid are we exactly ???????

He's targeting pickpockets, those who have entered illegally, over stayers, various other criminals... his Immigration police had caught 15 overstayers comprising of 8 Somalis, three Syrians and 4 Chinese... Yes the ThaiVisa community is up in arms about this. Again, I ask, how stupid are we exactly?

Do you [any of you] want to be surrounded by pickpockets, thieves?

Yes, there is a grey area troubling some people, though I only know of one person (first hand basis) who is struggling with the regulations and he is here working illegally (online) so he will struggle with the visa regulations. 

There have been wide reports of retirees struggling to meet the requirements - but aren't these requirements the knock-on effect of so many people taking advantage and gaming the system for too long?

The hatred expressed towards Immigration on this thread is quite imbalanced - I don't actually know anyone who's encountered a problem with them when abiding by the clear regulations. 

Relax, it was only Somalis, Chinese and Syrians they caught this time.
I would think rich white farangs are still welcome if they do not overstay or wanted for a crime.  Maybe only 5% of the reported numbers are westerners.  

I have nothing against the cleanup itself, but it got nothing to do with tourism in Thailand, the numbers are going down every month, thanks to poor exchange rates and an unfriendly military government.

12 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

The economy is hurting and they need some soft target scapegoats to blame it on...

Can't keep up the charade for long though, as the little people are start to feel the pinch now and will start shouting louder soon.

Small businesses are struggling and the government just doesn't care !!!

How can small business be struggling when the country is experiencing increased visitor numbers.

8 hours ago, abrahamzvi said:

Thanks for your positive reaction. All I can say is Join The Club, I have been here for nearly 20 years and I feel like you!

I have only been here 14 years and think i felt like you until they accused me of belonging to a special group that do not pay their hospital bills and decided to select this group for mandatory, in many cases impossible health insurance.

16 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

How can small business be struggling when the country is experiencing increased visitor numbers.

Small businesses struggling is history.
Now medium businesses that employ a dozen or so people
start to feel pain.
The owners of medium size businesses are middle class
And who did the middle class vote for ... take a guess.

6 hours ago, generealty said:

That photo will the scowling Military should be enough to put any tourists off coming to Thailand for good

There are allot worse countries  than Thailand 

Stil feel safer walking the streers here than  most countries

13 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Doesn't he think his popping off so frequently making Thailand look and feel like a police state is giving the bad image? Their messing with the good foreign tourists and expats so much is going to turn around and be a big mistake one day..

They don't mess around with tourists, just the people who live and work here on tourist and ED visas. 

6 hours ago, Surasak said:

I was thinking the same thing, especially with those high fronted hats and enough braid to sink a ship.

It is the medals which they have all earned, and they are not even yank servicemen,which fascinate me plus the parachute wings.

13 hours ago, keith101 said:

Its your overvalued baht that affecting tourism much more than the odd law breaking foreigner .

The bath isn't overvalued, it is a result of world economics who decide that based on the good economy it is a valuable currency.

Sadly there are a lot of expats thinking that their home country is doing great while world economics has a completely different view on that.

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

Outlined in the main article - they're going after lawbreakers in general, both Thai and Westerners, although being an Immigration Position I would expect that the role is to specifically deal with illegal foreigners and when their illegal activity overlaps with Thai's the RTP are brought in. 

The issues I have with any of this is having to deal with the 'byproduct' of illegal foreigners in Thailand... i.e. Poor media coverage and the resultant shift in attitudes towards foreigners (if there is any) In reality though, only the major issues reach the Thai media so we continue to coexist and viewed with general indifference.

The other issue is the 'shrapnel' (as one poster already put it), innocent foreigners being inconvenienced and getting caught up in the 'dragnet' to catch the illegals. 

Those who fall within the immigration and legal guidelines have nothing to worry about, but for an occasional inconvenience if stopped and asked for ID etc... which so far has not happened to me for over 5 years. 

I do largely agree. But what should I feel when the Immigration staff tell my wife I must go there every 90 days so they can check I am not Mafia?

Do the staff feel they are working well being suspicious of me? I have been here 16 years and I have never been Mafia yet.

Have absolutely no issue with finding and removing any person breaking real laws from Thailand.

I do have issue with each immigration office having a different slant on what a law might be.

Perhaps you should work on that 1st that way you could actually remove real offenders and not people who just want and paid for visas to come to your country.

9 hours ago, sletraveler said:

Good riddance to the scum.  

Great on the Thai government for wanting to clean up their country. I wouldn't want half the scum living on my street either.

play by the rules or get the <deleted> out!

too many lowlifes trying to exist here. 

18 hours ago, baansgr said:

Why don't they make a series like border force.... Be great viewing 

there is 5 part series on youtube about BKK airport.  Shows immigration line queue skippers, lost documents, troublesome passengers, and all sorts of stuff like that.

12 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I don't understand why some are not getting it. You are not important.

Falang are not the mainstay and importance of this place now.

Go, and 10 times Chinese, Korea, Japan, India will replace you.

In fact they are so very sick of you.

Figure it out....

Ok, chuck every Thai out of western countries and seize all their assets.

I'm very happy with that scenario!

I'm sure the Thai one percenters would be screaming blue murder!!

11 hours ago, kevinmartyn said:

Again the focus is on "Foreigners" and NOT Thai Nationals! Who clearly are all "Angels".

Thailand has already dug itself a big hole that it may never get out from for Thai nationals and all other countries by making the "Thai Baht" strong against foreign currencies including USD, GBD etc.

This can only lead to an adverse effect on Thailands economy/exports/farming etc, no matter what fake news is being reported by Government officials!

angels with dirty faces

Archived