"We've only just begun" - Big Oud's get tough message for law breaking foreigners

webfact

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And just how much collateral damage is he willing (or wanting) to inflict on the decent, law abiding vast majority, how much more inconvenience, intrusiveness, rudeness and abuse will we have to put up with? Assuming things are going to get not just worse but much worse, then I say again, time to be finalisng your plan B.

I've been living in Thailand 7 years and have never been bothered by a foreigner in any way... Not even seen what would look like a foreign criminal... Except a hells angel that lived next door.. he didn't bother anyone afaik..

That being said, I haven't been bothered by thais either... Except on the roads...

6 hours ago, webfact said:

law breaking foreigners damaging the image of Thailand and adversely affecting tourism. 

Big Oaf, I don't deny there are some pretty despicable foreigners lurking in Thailand, but when it comes to damaging a country's image, I don't think crimes committed by foreigners affect tourism as much as what the locals do. And they are doing a pretty good job of it already. I know it is very hard for you but, try and think about it? Stop blaming the rut your country's tourism industry is in, on foreigners. Criminals, overstayers and so on need to be dealt with - no questions about that - but I really don't think they are causing the drop in tourism. If you really want to look for the cause, try the mirror?

And by the way, in a separate post, your tourism minister said Thailand's September arrivals have increased year-on-year. You can relax now, Khun Oaf.

5 hours ago, Power of life yoga said:

people might've overstayed but still they're spending money in YOUR country ????

5 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Just let their economy plunge a bit deeper, and they might just "ease" those rules....

So, do you propose that ALL countries should ignore illegal entrants as long as they are spending money in that country? I mean, with this type of 'attitude' the visa system can be almost abolished, isn't it?

Or a special rule only for Thailand?

Sometimes... one wonder if some posters really think before they post!

Yet another Big Joke 

how many more are they going to parade previous reports said no foreign people in Thailand they have all been removed 

ha ha Big joke the streets of Bangkok are lined with illegal Indians and African selling fake watches and sex 

but the are invisible to the police 

us western tourists are not coming to Thailand because of the high bht 

and the frequent reports that the Indians are the saviour of Thai tourism well good luck with that one 

a kick in the face to all western tourists 

but its ok as Vietnam Cambodia Philippine Malaysia welcome us 

so sad for the real Thai people 

whi I have grow to love over the past 20 years 

but I will not go where I’m not welcome like so many of us 

just once it would have been nice if the government said sorry to us 

but they will never admit they keep getting it wrong 

R.I .p 

1 hour ago, abrahamzvi said:

Thanks for your positive reaction. All I can say is Join The Club, I have been here for nearly 20 years and I feel like you!

So...it did not happen to you, ergo it does not exist!

Got it!

Mind you: I have never seen a Blue Whale!

Pretty sure they are out there, somewhere...

6 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Maybe he should start with the corrupt Thai visa agents who get "back door" extensions for expats who don't have enough funds.

But that would be like saying there is "no prostitution? in Pattaya, let alone Thailand, hmmm, I'm sure I read that here on TVF not long ago, someone from the government did say that, must be true ????

7 hours ago, keith101 said:

Its your overvalued baht that affecting tourism much more than the odd law breaking foreigner .

... in combination with a foreign hostile military regime ....

7 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Maybe he should start with the corrupt Thai visa agents who get "back door" extensions for expats who don't have enough funds.

Why ? Do you seriously think this is the single most important issue that needs to be addressed ?

7 hours ago, keith101 said:

Its your overvalued baht that affecting tourism much more than the odd law breaking foreigner .

They are still behind the fact as you meantioned. And shpw more the thai additute of thinking as you see so often blame it on the others.

Actuall the name Oud means Old in dutch/flemish/south africans.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

DPM Suwit Wongsuwan

Who is this person?

There is DPM Prawit Wongsuwan for National Security and former Minister of Defense.

Suwit is not listed as an incumbent DPM. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabinet_of_Thailand

That said, Immigration is part of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and not under the national Royal Thai Police currently being supervised directly by Prayut. As such Immigration should not be getting direct orders from PM Prayut, DPM (?) Wongsuwan, RTP chief Chakthip Chaijinda and his deputy.

I am all for catching  thieves  and pick pockets but rules regarding  visas need serious  revising or there shall be some dark times agead for thai and forangs

Tourism  can be like gold to Arabs infact dubai and places are already  trying tk attract tourists  for when an end comes  to their oil reign

I suggest  foreigners  with  more  than one half thai child to support and a thai wife should  have leas restrictions on working 

And less time going  in and out the country on visa runs

And more for other people

Plus if you have been here for 5 years or more and your more of a resident then less restrictions also

Giving Thailand a bad name, look in the mirror, over inflated baht, pollution, some of the worst drivers on the planet, thai,s have no respect for there own land ie happy to dump there rubbish,and litter the entire country clean up your own backyard before you blame other nationalities 

, oh l forgot about the corruption, oops who said that

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

Not a problem there, all the above do deserve to be singled out and dealt with, the problem is that along those tough measures the so called 'good guys' are finding themselves having to endure the shrapnel  of those measures as well...

Yes, collateral damage, I think they call it !!

Archived